Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1 retreat per turn?

afstandopleren

Okay, I have been playing in a league and I have never heard of this before:

I was playing with my Darkrai deck against the league owner and she said that you can't retreat more than 1 time per turn, while Trainers like Switch are allowed to be used to retreat pokemon. I have NEVER in all those years that I have played the game heard of such a strange rule.

I think she thought it up because she flipped 2 of her pokemon KO due to Endless Darkness.....:rolleyes:

But still, I am curious; Is it really an existing rule?

Yea you can only retreat once per turn. I didn't know this rule also and I learned it the hard way in a tornoment when I could of won a game if I just could of retreated a second time but I couldnt and it costed me the game which because of that I ended up getting 9th place in the top 8. But yea the rule exists.

Good to know but I still think it's a bit weird.
If it is a rule, then why does almost no one seem to know about it and why does the rule not show up in those rulebooks that come with a starterdeck?

It's in the rule books.
Question is, though, how old are your rule books!
The rule was changed when Ruby Sapphire came out 4 years ago.
If you have rule books older than that, you have some seriously out of date rule books.
Many rules have changed in the last 4 years.
Diamond & Pearl and newer sets have the most current rules in their rule books.

it does show up in those rule books. It's on page seven in my rule book I got with my dialga deck. It's even on the placemat those decks give you as well.

I think its only a lesser known rule because special conditions tend to be rare, and free retreats are rarer, which is the only time youd actively would retreat that often.

I have only played in 3 tournaments so ofcourse I am surprised.
And about the rulebook, I have looked over it. It is indeed in the book and on the mat.
But did I just read that if a pokemon has free retreat cost, you can retreat more than once?

Back