Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

11-14 FOURTH (UGH) Place NW Regs Report!

I am sosososoooooo bored so here we go!

I get up at 6:30 with a good 5 hurs of sleep, or something like that. Anyways I get my stuff together put on my anti-flag sweatshirt and leave at around 8. I had already decided on playing Gardevoir/Flygon like a week ago (also known as Canada.dec just cuz) so I make a few cuts for random non-important stuff etc. I was kind of worried, cuz TRUK didn't get there for a while but finally he did so I could get my cards. <3

Anyways, here we go.

Round 1: v. I forgot the name w/ aggro charmander d
I got like a turn2 Castform (had to retreat) delta drawing for 3 (had a spearow or something also). But I just can't seem to draw into any energy. =/ And this freaking Charmander d is actually going to KILL my castform and I'm not setup yet! whaaat?!?! I can't lose to a CHARMANDER though, so I eventually stumble into a setup and win.
1-0

Round 2: v. New kid w/ TyphlosionUF/something
I get Gardevoir going and I 80 his Typhlosion kind of forgetting about Rage. >.> He's still 10 short from KOing me though and I imprisoned, so I just retreat for Flygon ex and sweep.
2-0

LUNCH! Mommy packed lunch odwalla is sweet.

Round 3: v. Daniel (OLD_SCHOOL_PLAYER) w/ Metalix
He can't deal with Gardy, I shut off his Metagrosses and 1hko his Steelix. I take down the other Steelix for game.
3-0

Round 4: v. Daniel R (sexy beast) <<<thats just his gym name =/ w/ Flygon/Altaria
I start with a Holon's Voltorb. =/ Takes me a while to setup, I can't even really get energy. I start coming back but the advantage he has is too much for me to take control. His 2 Flygons takes out my one.
3-1

Round 5: v. Zane N. (Zaniken) w/ Metanite
YUMMY I finally get to go against one of the Metanites. I don't get a great start though, but the advantage this deck has over Metanite is good enough for me to win anyways. He had to manually power a Lugia on the bench, I had like 1 attacker so it wasn't looking good. I sniped the Lugia for 50 with Quaza, then he CCs and if he pulls Dragonite/Candy it's pretty much over. But he wiffs on the 5 cards! I snipe again, he can't really come back with my Gardys imprisoning.
4-1

Round 6: v. Eh I can't remember
Srry don't remember this match but I won
5-1

Top8 v. random weird girl with Arbok d/Typhlosion d
Game1: God she's wierd. =/ Anyways I just dominate. 1-0
Game2: Same. 2-0
6-1

Top4 v. Daniel R (sexybeast) w/ Flygon/Altaria
Game1: Crappy start, I have Castform but nothing. I don't get energy for 5 turns. I can't take control. 0-1
Game2: A bit better start, I have Ralts and a Voltorb plus mentor. I can get setup as long as I get a switch/another energy. Of course, I don't. So in the end I have to attach a freaking Holon's Castform TO a Holon's Castform. UGH I can't comeback with him getting full setup of course. 0-2
6-2 HOW LAME! I'm not happy at this point. But it gets WORSE

3/4 playoffs v. Some kid w/ a bad delta
Game1: Of course I can't ever pull off a perfect start. Freaking Ray start. =/ I always have to retreat or some crap. He's DDing too, so I'm like bleh. I get some attackers going though, but in the end he scrambles an eggs to split bomb my gardy on bench. 0-1
Game2: IS there a god?! Come on man. This game is worse. 0-2
6-3 << THAT'S DISGUSTING! And I lost to a random player too! UGH UGH UGH! *slycceeeeee*
Oh well I got 750 dollars at least.

Props:
TRUK thnx for the cards babe
Tyler for winning regs again
Ross for not bombing.
Paul for being cool and sleeping over
Team Jedi for winning by 31 points.
CM for getting my controller to me.
Odwalla
Mommy
Gordon for winning and making an awesome deck gooo Canada!
Kant, you're just cool
Other people, list gos on
750 dollars first scholarship I've actually ever won (sad)

Slops:
Matt for bombing
Me not winning
Getting cut by a light saber and bleeding during round4
Me not winning again I guess
Attaching Castform to castform. Honestly, who DOES that
Stuff etc.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Last edited:
Nice report APT. I didn't see you playing in the Gameboy thing. Even I had time to run over and get KO'd... I can't wait for the next one. Have you ever seen a lvl 100 do Leer?

4 bad hands in a row? that justifies a table flip. You can be like...

*flip*
Judge: "What the **** are you doing?!"
You: "Look at my hand"
Judge: "Ah, I see. shuffle up again guys."

Just like that.

Probably won't see you at norcal, but seeya at nats! :D

Lakak: ouch ;/
bobby: ugh we're just SO BAD *slyce* <3
alex: maybe, i probably should have done that. or maybe,
"Judge search my deck for an energy please"
"Why?"
*shows hand*