2 Prof. Cozmo
2 Copycat
2 Rocket's Admin
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
7 Fighting Energy
6 Water Energy
3 Fire Energy
2 Scramble Energy

Well, I'm letting out one of my best deck ideas here, along with several deckbuilding tricks I particularly like. This deck almost eliminates (or is supposed to) all problems with consistency. You start with castform or sunny castform, use his ability to get castform, and pull a Strange Cave with forecast. With the number of energy (20) and cards that act as fossil pokemon or are fossil pokemon(16) you get a very good setup (Statistically, a perfect one). If all the strange caves are knocked out, a sunny castform can pull it back. The fossil pokemon are themselves very dangerous as well. Here is another version:

R/S Extinction Swarm
4 Castform
2 Aerodactyl
3 Lileep
3 Cradily
3 Anorith
3 Armaldo EX
4 Strange Cave
4Celio's Network
4 PETM
4 Steven's Advice
2 Prof. Cozmo
2 Copycat
2 Rocket's Admin
2 ATM rock
7 Grass Energy
7 Fighting Energy
4 React Energy

The ability to get stage 2 pokes up as stage 1s is underrated. It is truly awesome. But...I need help. The deck is far from perfect, and I don't have any other fixes to use on it.I can't decide which one is better. Any/all help is appreciated. Feel free to abuse me and my deckbuilding skills.

Last edited:
I like the 2nd one ,the R/S one, but then again it may be beacause I like armaldo. I do think 4 armaldo EX is a lot though... take out one of each on the armaldo line and put in 1 fossil for cradily and one for armaldo beacause they might help for example: you have 3 strange caves in your deck cause one is prized and your opponent discards them all and you have no sunny castforms left! They may come in handy they may not. Just my advice!
Speedy

Use deck two, and drop the sunny castforms and fire energy for other castforms and energy.
Anorith can get the basics(stage 1s) himself, and you dont need more than 2 cradilly a game. losing the gym war won't hurt you IMO.

i think you can run 3/3 armaldo ex and get away with it. don't use more than 16 energy, 20 is OVERKILLLLL

hope that helps. revise the list and re-post.

Cool. I updated the lists. Now running 18 energy, to guarantee consistency, added 2 aerodactyl to take care of exs, changed all castforms to normal in R/S (can't run just two or I'd mulligan 50 times), changed draw to stevens and added two cozmo, for ten draw cards. More help always appreciated.

Drop the castforms, add 4 LM lunatone and 2 solrock . The lunatone also has the power to search for a trainer, and the solrock can search for a lunatone. That way, you have powers lock going on early. Unlike a castform, lunatone can also search for a mysterious fossil in addition to your gym, if you chose to play them. Castform is slightly useless after t1....lunatone/solrock will help you throughout the game, particularly if you're dragging stuff up with omastar that you don't want to be switched/briney'ed out with a quick-searched or smoothed-over card.

castform fossil swarm...nice. i still don't think that strange cave is all that great for what ur trying to accomplish, tho. u can only lay one fossil dude a turn. and the evolutions in the R/B swarm are kind of weak. they get set up fast, but they don't do a lot of damage (isn't it like no more than 80?).

anyways, gj and gl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back