PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php
displayimage.php

Last edited:
i <3 this card it gose soo well with delcatty and infernape

btw the picture on the front page look diffrent 4 me but realy cool

Very good card, but so far Infernape is limited to Infercatty for it to work well. Ok power, attack is pretty good for only needing 2 Fire to use, but getting the 8 Fire in the discard can sometimes be hard.

Modified - 9/10
Limited - 8/10
Unlimited - 3/10

i <3 this card it gose soo well with delcatty and infernape

btw the picture on the front page look diffrent 4 me but realy cool

Front page image is the promo version. Above is the card from DP.

Same text on both.

Commentary:

(Not taking into consideration Infernape Lv. 40.)

Alone, Infernape Lv. X is a decent card. Flare Up can be troublesome, but the 150 is worth it. You've just got to make sure you can get those cards in the discard pile. There are plenty of ways (without getting KO'd repeatedly), but I'll go into that below. However, Burning Head can help. If you get the cards back in your deck, then it's no problem discarding them.

Combos:

Infernape - DP I felt this should go here. It can get you 90 damage with Flare Blitz, and discard energies. Yes, it delays the set-up, but some cards (Ex. Energy Switch) can help.

Delcatty - PK I was confused about this at first. Everybody was saying it was the "only" card Infernape worked with, so I decided to look at it. Energy Draw is good, but it can take a while. Plus, if I only had 1 energy in my hand, I'd personally rather put it on Infernape, instead of discard it.

Magmortar Lv. X - MT Aha! Something other than Delcatty! Yes, Magmortar can go well with Infernape, too. Flame Bluster discards 2 energies per attack. Also, regular Magmortar is useful, too. If you decide not to use Magby, you can discard 2 energies, too. That's 2 each from both. Not that bad.

Gyarados* D - HP This is a risky card, to say the least. Not only is it a * Pokemon, meaning you can only have one, but its attack, All-out Blast, nearly decks you. However, I would say it's worth it, if you're one to take risks. It does 50 + 20 for each energy discarded. Also, with Infernape, you can switch the next turn, and use Flare Up repeatedly, depending on how much energy you've put into your deck.

Score:

Modified: 9/10

This card has more combos than one. The only thing you can do is mix and match, and try each one. It's a remarkable card, and I can see why it's popular.

This is a nice card. It OHKO just about everything in the format. The problem is that it only works really well in one deck, Infercatty. It has a wreckless power, unless you've set up the deck properly (all :fire: energy cards). It's attack really only works once the decks best setup has been achieved. It has low HP and a nasty weakness. The free retreat helps a lot. It must be played with TDS or Night Maintenance since it dies so quickly. Overall, it is a decent card 7/10 modified

It dies quick and takes a bit to get out. Keep in mind that you can only level up a regular Infernape while it is active.

Oh belive me it is NOT hard to get out if you run it with delcatty and your a good player. IMO it is very broken when used with delcatty. Belive me I know I've died to it many a time as about 2 or 3 people run it at my league and I will probably lose to it again tonight.

One of the most powerful but not the best card in the format. 120 HP is low for a stage 3 (LV X). His retreat cost for free is pretty darn sweet and being weak to water with 30+ is nice since most LV X will have the 2x weakness. The pokemon power provides not only for drawing purposes, but discarding purposes for crazy combos. His Flare Up is a good ending game that can litterally KO any pokemon in the game but you have to use it wisely because your being forced to bring 8 energies from the discard pile and put them in the deck. But like i said before the pokemon power supports the flare up.

Modified- Empoleon and Feraligatr will simply just get in infernapes way and he will have a hard time KOing stage 2 pokemon since most stage 2 pokemon generally have over 100 or more HP. 8/10

Limited- Good card as it can KO any pokemon in the game and if you get lucky pulling this card plus the whole evolution line then play it. 6/10

Unlimited- Too many decks are faster than infernape im afraid. I dont see him being an archetype deck in the unlimited format. 1/10

Metagame: If the metagame permits then this card is simply a monster.
9/10

Limited: It you can get the Ape line, why not play him? He still is risky though. chances are you will never get it at the right time.
7/10

Unlimited
The deck can work, as Rare Candy can get past Aerodactyl, but honestly SneaselKing could tear this to shreds.
2/10

Kettler plays it and so should you. 9/10
All kind of decks last year before Nationals on the gym with the holon engine. Funny you don't see them now that tranciever is dead. But the deck still works thanks to Delcatty.

Infernape Lv X is easily the most used Lv X out there so far. Kind of low HP, but has many other benefits to offset this. Burning Head is an excellent way to draw through your deck and get Energies into the discard while keeping a card of your choice. Flare Up does an incredible amount of damage (150) for only 2 Fire Energies, but you must have 8 Fire Energies in your discard pile to use it. Of course, providing you bring out Infernape Lv X late in the game, this should be no problem. Weakness to Water makes it a problem vs Empoleon and Feraligatr, but in turn Flare Up will OHKO both of them no matter what.

Modified - 9/10 (great as a 1 card tech for Inferncatty decks)
Limited - 8/10 (odds are you won't be getting this out or even all the cards to play it, but if you do and you're not so picky about keeping it in pristine condition for use later on, feel free to play it)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Other decks outspeed you here and getting a Lv X into play here is hard anyways)

Okay, I'm gonna be honest, the drawback of Flare Up does make it a little less sweet then it should be, but if you keep it on your bench, then pull it out when you're set up for it, then the next turn, BADA-BOOM! Plus, that picture is SWEET! I'm gonna turn that bad boy into an avatar for my other forums, it's that sweet. So, I give it an overall 9.5/10.

A big part of the reason Infernape is an awesome deck. Not only does it get Flare Blitz from regular Ape, it gets 2 other awesome assets from Leveling Up. Burning Head is AMAZING late game, for Infernape's best setup...

Ape Lv. X Active
Ape Benched
Delcatty ex Benched
E-Draw Delcatty
E-Draw Delcatty

Draw, pitch Fire to Energy Draw. Burning Head, Energy Draw, then Constrain until you have 8 Fires in the discard and you can do it literally every turn until Ape X gets KO'ed.

It doesn't even need that setup to be great. First Flare Blitz for a KO, your opponent hits you back, then you can Flare Blitz back. Free Retreat is great as well, giving you more flexibility after something's been KO'ed. It's needed in every Infernape deck out there.

10/10 (for the deck it was made for(Ape/Catty))

Ihave had little to no respect of infernape till today, i was like i have all the cards for it so i might as well try it, i did and man it is a sweet deck. With infernape being really quick and possibly donking your oppenent, you have one of the best and possibly the most popular deck around.

Pros

+High damage
+quick
+good power
+free retreat
+didn't lose much with the rotation
+ only +30 weakness

Cons

-water weakness
-low hp

Modified:

9.5/10: besides from empoleon and gatr this deck rips every other deck apart.

limited:

6/10: IF you get the line you should use it but you are not going to get it out easily.

Unlinmited:

4/10: this deck has no chance in unlimited, there are way quicker and better decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back