PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

It's bad.

Pros:
Adds +10 HP
Attack could possibly be useful in times of EXTREME desparation
Mentorable (You can use Holon Mentor to get it)
Is part of the whole ITEM thing, I guess that is good =/
Attack uses Colorless energy

Cons:
Flippy Cards aren't very popular so that poor aspect of the card is basically wrecked
Only 50 HP
Castaway can't get this tool :lol:
Has a weakness
No Resistance
Has a Retreat cost that is greater than zero
Only gives +10 HP
Attack takes two energy to use it
Attack doesn't even do damage
Takes up the slot for being able to attach tools to a Pokemon (Cessation Crystal/Strength Charm can't be attached simultaneously)
Windstorm can be used to KO the pokemon it is attached to if it has 10 HP remaining

The Verdict: don't play it 2.11 Modified (there was a lot to say about this guy since it is like a trainer card and a pokemon, I'll probably have to edit this post to add more as I think of things)

EDIT: JUST THOuGHt of some more CONS... this thing is worthless when your bench is filled (since you can't use its effect) and Cessation Crystal really wrecks it if you are saving it in your hand to boost up your Pokemon's HP in a time of need.

OOH! I just thought of an other REALLY bad CON! You could start with this thing in decks with few basics, and that'd be ugly since its power only works while it is on the bench >_<

Last edited:
Unown E is kind of nifty. 50 HP is lowish, Weakness to Psychic is fine seeing as how Psychic Pokemon are not being played much, and 1 Retreat Cost. Its one attack, Hidden Power, is overpriced at 2 Energies for only treating your opponent's flips as Tails. What makes Unow E ok though is his Poke-Power, EQUIP, which allows you to attach him as a Tool to one of your Pokemon for +10 HP. Granted, it's not as powerful (or easy to use) as Energy Root from last season, but an additional 10 HP could potentially let you live through an attack. Of course, there are other (and somewhat better options) such as Buffer Piece or a Potion to heal damage.

Modified - 4/10 (Ok, but not exactly going to be used en-mass)
Limited - 8/10 (I found it useful here, as the 10 extra HP is useful)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Base Set Gastly is better)

I use it in combination with Gyarados. If you have any Pokemon that always seems to perfectly die to a Pokemon that is popular in your area, then use Unown E. Being Mentorable is good. 10HP always helps. Especially after a Buffer Piece.

Aslo, part of ONE, SET, and ITEM.

Works great with Carnivine. Love it.

Not as good as Energy Root was, but oh well. At least Unown E can be attached to EXes.

Well look who it is, an unknown!
Not to much new to say about this card thats already been said.
Its hp is low, but it is just an unknown.

My problem is that its attack takes 2 energy. Thats kinda harsh. Its attack could prove worthy on rare moments. Say you know they run T.S.D and wanna stall them on using it. Or your up against gengar, or a flippy move pokemon, even tho people dis-like them. Either way i would say you wouldn't run it for its attack. You would run This unknown because it can equip itself to a pokemon adding 10 hp to its stats. 10 Can make all the difference. Windstorm is used alot tho so when your down to 10 hp, be careful.

All in all not a bad card but not the best.

Mod. 4/10 (it seems to help out some decks)
Limited. 8/10 (Really nice to have xD)
Unlimited. 1/10 (What should i say lol)

You could play Mentor and Great ball, get 4 Unown E, discard them all and make Blissey have 170HP. Wait, it says tool, too bad...

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back