2007-10-19 Holon Adventurer- HP 085/110

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Oct 19, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. TurtwigLvX

TurtwigLvX New Member

First! This is a pretty good card especially if you don't have alot of trainers. The design is good, too. I would give it a 9/10 because you get to draw 3-4 cards but you have to discard a card.

3. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

7/10 TVR is better

4. thethirdckelly1

thethirdckelly1 New Member

8/10

It works well with delta decks that start with pinsir, because with adventurer, pinsir has some use late game. Adventurer is also just a good pure discard-draw card which blissey can't get enough of. TVR, however, out performs adventurer in that genre in most cases.

5. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

Holon Adventurer has lost a lot of its luster ever since the Holon engine rotated out. The only decks it's really good for nowadays are Flygon d variants. It could be used to get Energies in your discard pile if you needed them, but TVR and Delcatty are much better for that.

In the current format, Adventurer gets a 3/5.

- Croatian "sorry, Indy" Nidoking

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  6. Tagrineth

Tagrineth New Member

It's TV Reporter's second cousin.

TV Reporter is one of the best supporters in the format right now.

I'd say that puts Holon Adventurer pretty high up there, being either TV Reporters #5-8 if you need more generic draw, or simply a superior variation if you're still playing Delta pokemon.

8.5/10

7. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

It has lost some stream due to the Holon engine's demise. Still, a decent draw in the right decks. 5/10 Modified

Keith

8. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Nowadays, only good in Delta decks. Lost almost everything with the loss of the Holon Transceiver.

8/10 in a delta deck.

Don't use it otherwise. TV Reporter is better.

9. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

tvr is better unless you're playing delta something

10. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Holon Adventurer is essentially TV Reporter with 2 additional effects:

1. You have to discard a card before you draw
    2. If you discard a d Pokemon, you get an extra card

So really, it depends. Back when Holon Transciever was out, I would have recommended this for any deck using the Holon Engine because it's easily searchable. Nowdays, either this or TV Reporter is fine, with Holon Adventurer being prefered for decks with Delta Pokemon.

Modified - 8/10 (Solid form of draw)
    Limited - 10/10 (Seeing as how most of the set is Delta Pokemon, you should have little trouble getting 4 cards)
    Unilimited - 2/10 (Much better options for draw here, though at least you can use the Holon Engine here with it)

11. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

TVR is obviously better than this card. ONLY use it if u need extremely hardcore discard w 4 TVR and 2/3 H adv, but hey, what kind of silly deck is this?:lol:

4/10

12. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Not so good anymore.
    I like TVR much better, even in delta decks..

5/10

13. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

I just see it as another Reporter... Doesn't matter much anyway since it's heading out with the rest of Delta before next season.

14. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Not so hot anymore:

Pros:
    Guaranteed 3 or 4 cards

Cons:
    Must discard first
    Can't play if it is the only card in hand
    Is a Supporter
    Is worse than pretty much all of the other draw options in modified

5.45/10 Modified because even in delta species decks, they can't afford to be discarding all of the good pokemon, especially when most of them are going to played. However if you are a new player and this is all you have, the it is better than nothing. It was better when decks like metanite could afford to discard a few pokes here and there and also when Transceiver to get it. But no more does that hold true.

15. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

... its the perfect draw card for Nidoqueen delta.

16. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

It was a great card with Transceiver, what a supporter tool box.

Now, I don't think I would even play it in Delta Decks. (Maybe.. but ..)
    Even In a Delta Deck, I would prefer
    Bill's, TVR or Cosmos's over this card.

Only decks that require massive discarding of NRG and you already have 4 TVR would I consider the Adventurer.

5/10 (Because any draw is better than no Draw)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.