Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-10-22 Lantern LA 058 & 059/146

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcoville

[gal=35765]2008-10-22 Lantern LA 058/146[/gal][gal=35768]2008-10-22 Lantern LA 059/146[/gal]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. I am the first cauz doubleposting doesnt count xD

Lanturn L is indeed better cauz it have better attacks :)

W: 6/10
L: 8/10

Take care.

Lanturn L 10/10 Amazing card.
Lanturn W 5/20 Not so great and is too slow to combo well with L Lanturn.

I'm not even going to dignify the first (#58) Lantern with a full review. 1/10 all round except in Limited (7/10 for being playable and not completely sucking here). No reason to use him at all in Modified or Unlimited, poor attacks that cost too much for their damage and benefits, bad Weakness, etc. Mediocre in every aspect.

Now, Lantern #59 is much better. 90 HP is solid for a Stage 1, +20 Weakness to Fighting is fine since it's not too commonly played, no Resistance is common, and 2 Energy for a Retreat Cost is a tad expensive. Energy Split is a very effective spread attack, hitting any of your opponent's Pokemon that have any energies attached for 30, all for 1 Lightning Energy. Aqua Bolt isn't an attack you'll likely use, but it does deal a decent 60 for 1 Lightning and 2 Colorless, plus 10 more for each Water Energy attacked. This is used in conjunction with Tentacruel, who latches on Energy to the opponent's benched Pokemon with his free attack (which also damages them), setting up Lanturn perfectly.

Modified - 7.5/10 (Solid card in a rather unique deck made for it and Tentacruel)
Limited - 7/10 (Solid here as well, Energy Split should be very effective and you can power up Aqua Bolt to deal more damage if you run some Water Energy)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Nothing saves it from being 1/10 here though, no use)

Of course the lightning one is way better, spreading is cool. 8-D

The water one.....totally.......it's just...I don't even know what 2 say about it.

Water:2/10
Electric:8/10

Lightning Lanturn is one of my favorite cards in the format. I always run one water one for the confusion, but I haven't found much use in rushing water.

W:6/10
L:9/10

Well, the lightning lanturn is pretty amazing. It's spread and even its type both work wonders. But the water lanturn is a little too slow and really doesn't hit for that much damage

water lanturn: 4/10
lightning lanturn: 8/10

i dont get how you people can say that the lightning lanturn is better than the water one. you have to hope the opponent is simple enough to attach energy to each of their pokemon to be really useful. you could use tentacruel, but who would want to give the opponent energy to attack?

i like the water one better because its the only pokemon in the game with an automatic energy removal in its attack (move the energy from their attacker to a chatot). auto confusion is awesome too. of course both lanturns are useless against magnezone but who uses that

w: 6/10
l: 4/10

turncruel ftw!

you'll be suprised how effective the water lanturn is, it is a worthly card to play in turncruel (3-1-3 W/E)
being able to hit a fire for like 70 and auto confusion aint too shabby, especially when the good fire pokamanz have insanly extortionate retreat. the first attack it actually quite good, throwing that energy to a claydol when tentacruels are coming up short is really useful

3 energy 90 is ace for a stage 1 uncommon (2 water energy on him). and if you plug another energy again on this guy then its an ohko to the kingdra, though double energy split and spiritomb drop is the most effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back