2008-10-6 Technical Machine TS-2 LA 137/146

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by mcoville, Oct 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcoville

mcoville New Member

[gal=35703]2008-10-6 Technical Machine TS-2 LA 137/146 [/gal]​

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2008
  2. blitz101

blitz101 Member

Yay first post.

Anyway I think its great that they brought TM's back to the game personnally i prefer TM-TS1 but this one works well with many different combos like most spread decks.
    My score: 7.5/10

3. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

In my estimation, TM TS-2 is a highly overlooked and potentially abusive weapon. Those who like to use Rare Candy a lot will find themselves hard pressed for getting their Pokemon in play over and over again. It can be used effectively in spread decks, sniping decks, and any other deck that allows you to choose your preferred target to attack. It can also easily be splashed into almost any deck that can allocate space for it as a surprise stunner to completely demoralize your opponent when he/she thinks he/she is safe from harm. Its mere presence restricts you to make any move only at its permission. I will rate this card a 9/10, only because persistent use of it can allow your opponent to prepare an opposition while you are not actually doing any direct damage.

4. Suicide

Suicide New Member

i give 8/10 as it is a good card but situational

5. plebeianprint

plebeianprint New Member

i do wish that technical machines were pokemon tool cards; as of now they just kind of float in a void.

when i first encountered this card i was more impressed with its sibling, TS-1. later someone pointed out (as G-dog does) that it really throws a monkey wrench into decks with stage 2 pokemon (due to the many rare candies).

this card has the capacity to do interesting things with omastar, and mewtwo lvl x.

i like it. 8/10.

6. Bizarro

Bizarro New Member

For Spread Decks 9/10
    For a Deck that CANĀ“t hit the bench 5/10.

7. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Today's CotD is Technical Machine TS-2. This is easily one of the best TMs to be printed since Ancient TM Rock way back in Hidden Legends. By simply attaching this to your Pokemon, you are allowed to remove the highest Stage off any one of your opponent's Pokemon. This may seem like a weakened Omastar Primal Swirl (which targets all of the opponent's benched Pokemon), but consider its advantages in that you can also use this against their active (which Omastar's Poke-Power can't hit) and its ease of use; you can splash a TM TS-2 into almost any deck if you want, while Omastar will require a more dedicated effort to use. Obviously, TM TS-2 does find its home best in spread-oriented decks, where you can spread out the damage to whatever, then lay down TM TS-2 and KO whatever threat you want. But again, this card is easily splashable in any deck to de-evolve any potential threat to (hopefully) a KO.

Modified: 8.5/10 (A great Trainer that should see play throughout the season. Be especially wary if you're facing spread decks)
    Limited - 6/10 (Could help in the odd circumstance, but overall isn't likely to be as effective)
    Unlimited - 2.5/10 (ATM Rock is superior, but you do have to discard it after use, so this could find its way around potentially)

8. The Knee

The Knee New Member

Great in spread, doing 30 to a claydol is game winning. Gives that big bench Push most spread decks lack. Non-searchable lowers the score a bit

8/10.

9. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Uhm, it's still a Trainer and thus, it can be found with Girifarig and the likes.

9/10 since it stalls legally and works very good in a spread deck.

10. Scizor5000

Scizor5000 New Member

Love this thing when you use it in spread decks or just for bringing down their Candies. The only problem is Lv. X's are immune. 8/10

11. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

I play it in a lot of my decks, because most of them are spread decks. Good for a KO on a rare candied poke or a claydol. TS 2 has won me a number of close games.

8/10 because you can't search for it, and you can't target LV. X's.

12. andceo

andceo New Member

Very broken card and a new dangerous weapon for spread decks.
    I'm lovin' it!!!

10/10!!!

13. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

7.5/10

Can be deadly.

14. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

9/10 in Modified... More of a card that can turn the game around if you have the right cards,
    like Wager, Dusknoir, Omastar, but an attack... which hurts only a little. It just needs the right timing.

8/10 in Unlimited with Aggron ex lock.... simply broken. Unless they get a Magby start going first or
    Rare Candy into 2 Muks going second, this card seals the deal. The timing isn't too hard on this one, because you want to use this T1 or T2.

15. Zapto369

Zapto369 New Member

I really like this card! I mean, it can fit into any deck, owns your opponents rare candies, and can occasionally score the wayward KO. What's not to like?

16. charchar

charchar New Member

its ok but the bad stuff about is

1) It doesnt work on lvl.xs

2)It counts as your attack

that about it, :)

7.5/10

17. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

9/10, it's a GREAT card in spread decks.

18. Garchomp LvX

Garchomp LvX New Member

No......I wanna wait for T-Tar is SF

2/10

19. Everwind

Everwind New Member

I really wanted to like this card, but I rarely have found a use for it in many of my decks. In most situations your better off just attacking with your normal attacks. It slows you down for very little benefit. It is only worth using after you have done enough damage to knock out the underlying basic pokemon but can't knock out the stage 1 or 2....When is that, usualy with most pokes you can 2hko them with your regular attacks so why even bother with this card when you could be using that card space for a trainer or supporter that you can use.

I even tried it by placing it on Chatot using him as a de-evolver sniper with free retreat. Sure it works on candied pokes but it rarely kills anything and its weakness to level xs and now the increase in useable basics restrict its value IMHO.

For me it is too specialized and too restricted in its application to be useful in a deck that isn't designed for this type of annoyance. In almost all cases I think Omastar or Shiftry is a better play if you want to De-Evolve.

20. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

"I really wanted to like this card, but I rarely have found a use for it in many of my decks. In most situations your better off just attacking with your normal attacks. It slows you down for very little benefit. It is only worth using after you have done enough damage to knock out the underlying basic pokemon but can't knock out the stage 1 or 2....When is that, usualy with most pokes you can 2hko them with your regular attacks so why even bother with this card when you could be using that card space for a trainer or supporter that you can use."

Best things to use it with are Lucario lv. X and Gallade. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.