Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-6-16 Chatot - MD 055/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Haha this is also Team M's card of the day! I'm a huge Chatot fan, best common in format by far.

Free retreating basics are excellent with Roseanne's in format. In DP-on, decks are certainly going to be playing 3 or 4 copies of Roseanne's.

Great as a starter, great to search and to have a useful effect completly energy free both attacking and retreating is insane.

5/5

Well I like the artwork and as "Magic_Umbreon" said, the free attack and retreat is nice. But I don't think that it will see much play. For me:

5/10

very good, very good. If u have the hand you didn't expect, time to get a new hand. P.S, Awesome!

Even though I do like the old chatot too because Tone deaf

well, 10/10

So many people hype this card, and I've only seen it played in uncommon decks...

4/10

Not THAT great.

People who gave this 10/10, wouldn't that mean it would see play in EVERY deck? That is a little not possible. The free energy things are nice, especially if down on your luck, but if you are down on your luck, I don't think you would be lucky enough to get this! :p

6/10

Why?

I missing the poinrt... For the times you do get a bad draw is this really the answer to fixing the issue?

Why not have basic pokemon than can correct the problem by letting you search for important cards. And if you are consistently getting bad draws perhaps it is your deck.

For me this Chatot is 1/10. I can't think of deck I would ever put it in.

SixQuack

I have to go 8/10

1. Hand refresher
2. Free Retreat
3. Sacrifice to buy time
4. I'm a big warp point fan, this enhances that concept.
5. Works in all decks- start and retreat or if you don't start stick it on the bottom when you Claydol.

B

Let's see why this card is only second to Claydol as far as pokemon in the current format.

It is a 60 HP, colorless basic with no powers, but it has a decent resistance, and an okay weakness and has a great attack, and free retreat. It can get you out of a psychic lock that has your hand down to nothing. You can Warp Point send this guy up and then send out whoever you want. If you have someone sonic blade or ko your pokemon, you can send it up so you can decide what pokemon you really want after you draw and do other things during your turn. It is without a doubt an amazing card. I will say that until you play it in a deck you really can comment very well on how good it really is.

10/10

Drew

Well, let me just give the basic breakdown to you

Amazing Starter in this Format (and next format since Copycat is going out)
Attack that makes it a starter costs no energy
Free Retreat
Resistance to Fighting (make Gallade flip another prize! not that it would matter)

7/10

This card is awesome, a Copycat attack to replace Copycat once it's rotated out. Free Retreat and resistance to fighting make it even better. Probably best to run just one of them in a deck though.

8/10
~Cyber~

Unless you need none of the cards in your hand it wouldn't be a great card with it's attack t1 or t2 if it was able to be better late game then it would be worthy 4/10

It doesn't replace Copycat (which doesn't take up an attack), and why would it need to?

Copycat is a rarely-used card now-adays, as its only objective was to stop decking out, which can now be done with the more versatile Team Galactic's Wager.

Copycat will probably be reprinted anyways. It has been since the e-Cards.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Resistance to Fighting (make Gallade flip another prize! not that it would matter)

2 more prizes, with DRE.
Only an idiot would waste their prize-flipping on this.

Last edited:
A starter without reatreat of course is really good, but this is no reason to hype the card with 10/10 or something like that. It's attack is pretty useful, but not very reliable. Most people rather want to have something solid at their start and not take a random new hand with an amount of cards dependant on the opponent.

But as a basic Pokémon with free reatreat, it can be used for other purposes than only starting. Combine it with Warp Point or take it active after a Pokémon got knocked out.

HP-on modified: 6/10
DP-on modified: 6/10
Professor Cup: 8/10 (only a few alternative starters here)
Limited: 9/10 (if you pull it, you'll play it most of the times)
Unlimited: 4/10 (free reatreat is nice, but copycat attack is not necessary in unlimited)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back