Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008 Origins Game Fair - Note Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeDaddy

OK, So I saw this yesterday when POP announced the 2007 - 2008 Season Overview:

National Championships
Dates: North America: June 2008
Go here for the complete story. http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/18.html

This prompted me to go the Origins website. http://www.originsgamefair.com/

Note date change - start 0700 on Wednesday June 25 and end Sunday June 29th at 2000 (8 pm).

1. The name has changed from Origins to Origins Game Fair (OGF).
2. The OGF is going to be up and fully operational for a full 5 days instead of 4.
3. OGF does not coincide with Columbus' 4th of July celebration "Red, White, and Boom" (more hotel space)​

So, will Pokémon Organized Play have presence at the OGF for the full 5 days?

If so, Pokémon at OGF will be spectacular!

All of this is based on the premise that US National Championships will be held at the OGF.
Will it be?

Steve

Last edited:
I am sure it will be.

Trust me, Red White Boom isn't that great. I went to the local park to watch it and it was so far away and the place looked like a battlefield with all the smoke and sounds of explosions going off. The streets were trashed and you couldn't get to the convention center if you wanted to during those hours.

Having them late in June will be different, but not that much different. Having it 5 days instead of 4 is GREAT but I hope the prices of tickets don't go through the roof because of it.

This year at Origins, Pokemon had a bigger area and was more prominent. Let's hope next year, it grows again!

ug it is going to be hard on my physical endurance to go
June 25 - June 29th at Orgins (Ohio) then go to Los Angeles for Anime Expo (July 3rd-6th)

The earlier dates make me a slight bit nervous living in New England, with snow day extensions of school into that last week of June. Looking forward to another trip to Ohio in 2008.

Yes in years past Origins has been held either prior to, during, or after 4th of July. This upcoming year it appears to be prior to the 4th. I still think Hotel rooms will be at a premium. Reserve now!!

I just went to the Origins website myself, and I believe that there will not be any events on Wednesday, as it appears that just Badge Registration is happening that afternoon. Origins and GenCon both for years have had Wednesday badge registration to help reduce crowds on Thursday morning.

Also, Origins moves the week back approximately every 6-7 years. Look for the event to dreep back toward the 4th over the next few years.

Any chance they move Nationals to another city?

None whatsoever. And, IMO, it will never change from Origins.

CCGs_Cards said:
I just went to the Origins website myself, and I believe that there will not be any events on Wednesday, as it appears that just Badge Registration is happening that afternoon. Origins and GenCon both for years have had Wednesday badge registration to help reduce crowds on Thursday morning.

There were events at Origins this year (2007) on Wednesday, 78 of them actually. For whatever reason, a lot of people just don't know about them.

But next year Origins is intending on expanding that number.

One thing that keeps the crowd down on Wednesday is the fact that the vendor hall is not open. Not sure if that will change next near.

Should be great.

Oh the vendor hall at origins. I cannot wait for this. and now that I know I want to play way ahead of time, it makes things a lot better. Here's to hoping I don't bomb again.

Nationals will be at Origins. GenCon is the same weekend as Worlds next year.

Uhhh

Gencon is in Australia right? I mentioned Nationals straight after I said that...:F

I meant Australian Nationals...:F

Same weekend as Worlds? Why did Worlds get put at GenCon...>_>

Worlds in Australia would be blasphemy though. Even *IF* it was held at one of the worlds biggest conventions...>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back