Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-4-14 Palkia G Lv X PL 125/127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good card as a Tech, though it back-fires on yourself and limits your bench space. I would personally say Dusknoir DP is a better play, so until it's been rotated out, Dusknoir still comes out better for me. However, in a deck of its own (Palkia G, Dialga/Palkia G etc), it makes a really good card and has been placed highly in a lot of States.

As a Tech - 6/10
As a main attacker - 8.5/10

Donezator

The only thing I don't like is that it takes 80 from the tech pachi if you have energy gain; other wise great card, it limits your opponents bench space not just yours also if you use a lot of stuff like uxie and mesprit which only work once they hit the bench, then that draw back on his power is almost non existent, not to mention that if you have something severely damage and don't have a poke turn on hand you can just use this power to remove it. 80 DMG to anything on the bench is awesome. In the mirror match the only thing that will survive this is Bronzong G, and that's if you didn't play crobat on it, this is also an instant KO for Claydol, Starmie and other popular tech including Pachi whom I mentioned hinders him. Great card, IMHO, no reason at all not to run it in a dedicated G deck

9/10 in G
10/10 on it' own deck

Palkia's lost cyclone opens up a lot of possibilities - allowing around 4 "come into play" powers to be used each turn without cluttering your bench, since you just lost zone 'em once they've served their purpose. Things like Mesprit, Uxie, Crobat G, etc. work well.

Its attack is also great, an instant claydol kill is always welcome. IMO The 2 discard is a bit too much but I guess it's necessary, since it's a basic. 1 Would have been fine, but, eh, what can ya do?

This card is either played in Palkia Spread, Legos, or DPG.

Palkia spread is just that - a spread deck. Probably the worst use of palkia.
Legos is considered "Second Best" Deck in format, under dialga. Legos makes use of lost cyclone to play a lot of "come into play" powers, like mesprit LA's psychic bind - keeping them under a power lock can be nasty.
Lastly, DPG. (Dialga-Palkia G) - Some are also calling this "second best" and some are calling it BDIF, even over dialga. Why? Well, it can power lock, it can spread, it can snipe, it abuses all of the broken galactic trainers, and it is very versatile and fast. It can deafen lock if needed, it can remove lost, it can do just about ANYTHING. Please note - Mewtric, a worlds winning deck, had Deafen and Hydro Shot, just under different names. They're both very powerful.

Modified - 9.5/10
Limited - 10/10. You win if you can get this out at a prerelease, lawl.
Unlimited - 0/10...just like all modern cards. Giant Stump and Manectric EX do the same thing, but better.

The Power can help the opponent as much as it helps you unless you build your deck to take advantage of it with multiple Mesprits/Uxies/Spiritombs/Crobats so, yeah . . . really needs its own deck.

The snipe attack can be very useful, though G decks run low on Energy and only 1-2 NM to recycle it, so it isn't something you can use more than once or twice in a game.

Again, inferior to Dialga cos of Pachi weakness, less tech-ability, and a costly (though still good) attack.

8/10

HP: Solidfor Lv X Basic +1.5
Attack: pretty good snipe though the dicard is rough +1.5
Power: Very good for you if you run legos or just plain uxie and crobat +3
Being a G: +1
Retreat: Actually pretty low for a stage 1 equivelent with 120 hp +1
weakness: Lightning is played a lot more than it was and then there is pachi +0
Previous forms usefulness: Palkia G does 50 for 2 (with EG) and 10 to... well everyone allready know this stuff +1.5

And its a space ship

9.5/10:pokeball

It get's pwnd by Pachi when you have it Active with Energy Gain attached.
It also cleans up the mess on both sides a bit. A Discarding attack on a G? That's a BIG downer.

7/10

WOW. DarthPika hasn't posted yet.:eek:. He must be waiting for me.

Anyways, I've played Palkia Lock about a zillion times. I've found it really slow, and I find that Pachirisu eats it for breakfast.

I could rate this card two ways. I hate this card with a passion, so I could easily give it a 1 and leave it at that.

I could also rate it as how this card does in the current metagame. It does really well in the meta, but I find Amphytric (as uncommon as it is) to be a great counter to it.

In the end, I deciding to combine both of them and come out with an average of

4/10

I know you probably will disagree with me, but I don't really care and never will.

It really does back-fire on you when you have a team of Uxie's and Crobat G's on your bench.
It has really good HP and power, but even then you have to be careful.
8.5/10

IMO the single best Lv.x in the format when you take into consideration its normal form. The ability to hit for 20 for 1 W (assuming an energy gain) and swap with a bat is an amazing game changer. The main attack is going to be Pearl Breath, which nicely sets up several other options in a good Palkia deck. Hydro Shot is really the icing on the cake. Take that attack away, and this would still be a good card, but with it, its insanly broken. After a few turns of Pearl Breath Hyrdo Shot is evil, and considering that any good Palkia will run mutiple Crobat, this is the single best snipe deck in the format. It's power is probably what really brings Palkia to BDIF status. The fact that it also limmits your opponents bench is really just an added bonus. Anyone who thinks that we Palkia users, use Lost Cyclone to hurt thier set up are sadly mistaken. With this power you can fully abuse the heck out of comming into play powers, such as Uxie and Mesprit. With its ability to consistently get out quicky and rush your oppoent, lock their powers for turns on end and snipe like theres no tomorrow, this really is an amazing card. BTW, Legos actually does run a 1-1 Dialga. ;) BCIF, and when buit right BDIF.

10/10

IMO the single best Lv.x in the format when you take into consideration its normal form. The ability to hit for 20 for 1 W (assuming an energy gain) and swap with a bat is an amazing game changer. The main attack is going to be Pearl Breath, which nicely sets up several other options in a good Palkia deck. Hydro Shot is really the icing on the cake. Take that attack away, and this would still be a good card, but with it, its insanly broken. After a few turns of Pearl Breath Hyrdo Shot is evil, and considering that any good Palkia will run mutiple Crobat, this is the single best snipe deck in the format. It's power is probably what really brings Palkia to BDIF status. The fact that it also limmits your opponents bench is really just an added bonus. Anyone who thinks that we Palkia users, use Lost Cyclone to hurt thier set up are sadly mistaken. With this power you can fully abuse the heck out of comming into play powers, such as Uxie and Mesprit. With its ability to consistently get out quicky and rush your oppoent, lock their powers for turns on end and snipe like theres no tomorrow, this really is an amazing card. BTW, Legos actually does run a 1-1 Dialga. ;) BCIF, and when buit right BDIF.

10/10

The deck sort of folds to Machamp... it doesn't run any Toxitank techs, and probably not enough Unown G. It's not BDIF, nor is Machamp. There is no BDIF, there's a perfect metagame triangle going on right now.

I like the card, but I would have to agree that it isn't as good right now. Machamp is way too big and it pretty much folds to it. I think that while for states it was a 9/10 for regionals it is more of a 2/10 because it folds not only to Machamp but Gengar as well.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back