• League and Fun Card

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This card is absolutely AMAZING. Easily one of the best cards in format. 10/10. <3

Edit: Ooh, first haha.

I remember fish talking about this card at states. Hmm I wonder if there's a method to your madness!

Great card that bail you out of terrible starts. 10/10

Today's COTD is Call Energy from the Majestic Dawn expansion. It's effect says that you may search your deck for up to 2 Basic Pokémon and put them on your bench. REMEMBER: this doesn't activate the effect of the Pixies, or other hand-to-bench Poké-Powers. And one more thing to consider is the fact that your turn ends if you use the effect.

Modified: 9/10- Can be great here!
Limited: 10/10- This is the first of my reviews to get a perfect 10. Excellent search power, this is.
Unlimited: 7/10- Since the effect is basically "Call for Family", you can find better choices, but that doesn't mean this card is bad.

No guarantee to stop donks so 0/10.

Regardless you can't just nuke the rating of one of the best cards in the format and formats before it. Sure the odds of starting with it in your opening hand aren't 100% but it's still a great card in that it CAN save you from the donk.

Great in sp. Great in anything using spiritomb to set up. Overall I give it no less than an 8/10.

For tomorrow's CotD we have Call Energy from MD, still as useful as the day it was printed and the day we reviewed it 3 years ago...I just hope they reprint this in some future B/W set.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74288&highlight=call+energy

One of the best Special Energy cards to be printed in a while, Call Energy can fit into almost any deck. Its effect of being able to search your deck for 2 Basic Pokemon makes it a great card if you start with it, and is a very flexible option as opposed to running a dedicated "starter" Pokemon, such as Pachirisu. At worst, later in the game, it still provides 1 Colorless Energy, which most Pokemon can use anyways, so it's not a completely dead card later on.

Though this card can be splashed into virtually any deck, it combos best with Phione, letting you search out your basics and evolve at least 1 of them within 2 turns, all with minimal effort. Granted though, the odds of starting with or obtaining both cards within 2 turns is unlikely, but is still a great way to set-up regardless.

Modified - 10/10 (A great card for any deck that doesn't use/need a dedicated starter Pokemon)
Limited - 9/10 (Though its effect is somewhat less useful since you should be running plenty of Basic Pokemon, it still can be useful in searching out a specific Basic and it still provides Energy)
Unlimited - 2/10 (Can be used I guess, but you shouldn't need to)

So yeah...ratings still stand the test of time. If you're not using this, you're either using SP or better have a dang good reason why not.

No guarantee to stop donks so 0/10.

why would you down grade a card because of donks it helps so much donks are annoying and a lot of stuff you have on the gym is about donks and thats even more annoying this cards deserves atleast a 9/10 not a 0/10 you got to be kidding me porii

^ It's Porrii Sames's idea of a joke/troll.

I know, right?

Anyway, after nearly THREE YEARS in the format, Call is still one of the best cards we have. Top 5 at least. It's one of the few things that makes going first not a complete disaster.

I still don't really like playing decks that don't run it.

9/10

Call Energy is a great card to get you out of a bad start, or to save you from getting donked on the first turn. It's a good idea if you use them in a deck to use 4 of them, for the maximum chance of getting it on the first turn.

I give it a 9/10.
If it did not end your turn it would easily be a 10/10.

Great card, I'd say it's the second best card in the format after Pokemon Collector (or possible third after Sableye). Few minor problems with this card is that it can be a dead draw late game and you really have to play 3 or 4 of these for it to be worth it, which can be tough with deck space so precious in this format. Regardless, this can go in almost any deck and is one of the best cards to see in you're opening hand.

8.9/10 (Nine seems a bit high, but anything lower doesn't really do it justice.)

Great card, I'd say it's the second best card in the format after Pokemon Collector (or possible third after Sableye). Few minor problems with this card is that it can be a dead draw late game and you really have to play 3 or 4 of these for it to be worth it, which can be tough with deck space so precious in this format. Regardless, this can go in almost any deck and is one of the best cards to see in you're opening hand.

8.9/10 (Nine seems a bit high, but anything lower doesn't really do it justice.)

I would never call an energy a dead draw.

Ill give this a 10/10 for being one of the most widely used cards in the format that has gotten me and many others out of terrible starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back