Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-05-14 PLF Jolteon 034

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54696]2013-05-14 PLF Jolteon 034[/gal]​

4/10

Not as bad as I initially thought. Pin Missile's flippy, but not bad considering the cost. Electri Defuse can catch an unprepared opponent off guard and disrupt them for a few turns. I say unprepared because float stone/Keldeo is really popular on PTCGO. I wouldn't use it in any decks, but for a bad card, at least this has a couple of tricks up it's sleeve.

Pin Missile looks like a pretty standard attack for a Jolteon especially when both legal Jolteon have the attack.

Electri-Dufuse looks okay at first but so many EX retreat really easily. For the ones that do not, Keldeo EX and/or Switch get them out of that position.

Level Ball finds it but with little, if anything, currently popular being weak to lightning, the other eevee evolutions look better compared to this one.

I say unprepared because float stone/Keldeo is really popular on PTCGO.
It's looking pretty good in real games too :thumb:

Took forever to get to use him, but pretty much handed me a win in the pre-release. One turn alone let me do 90 damage with a Deoxys on the bench.

But let's be real about the first attack: if you have to rely on luck you'll lose a majority of your fights most likely. Can be useful if done on turn 2, though. For a turn or two.

Second attack is highly situational, but if you can utilize it you will probably be getting two prizes off this guy.

6/10 just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back