Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd Place Prerelease, Niles,IL

dld4a

Feature Writer
First I'd like to thank Adam and Soslowpoke for running a good tourney.
I'll just get straight to my deck.

Pokemon (16)

1 TM Groudon #9

2 TM Rhyhorn #67
1 TM Rhyhorn #38
2 TM Rhyhorn #68
1 TM Rhydon #22
1 TM Rhydon #11

2 TM Baltoy #61
1 TM Claydol #33

2 TA Spheal #56
1 TA Sealeo #16
1 TA Sealeo #31
1 TA Walrein #6

Trainers (5)

2 Team Aqua Conspirator
2 Team Aqua Belt
1 Team Aqua Hideout

Energy (19)

1 Double Rainbow
8 Water
10 Fighting

I know it looks alittle wierd but most of my pokemon were TM and all of my trainers were TA (except for 2 strength charm which I decided not to run in favor of the Baltoy/Claydol line, which did get me a win by being able to hit the bench). It didn't take long to realize that I shouldn't have included the TA Hideout. I didn't play it once. I should have run the strength charm instead. With my trainer draw being so bad my only hope was to get my TM pokemon naturally and my smaller TA line with the few draw cards that I did have. It pretty much worked that way except there was a few times I didn't get a my TM cards in time, like against Jared who had massive draw cards and just blew me away right out of the box. I guess it did O.K., Jared was my only loss and it got me a 2nd place.

Dave II

Thanks, we do try to keep everything giong smoothly. In the future I am going to make a point of giving specific instructions on just HOW LONG people have to write down their decks. We had a small issue with lots of people that didnt fill out their decks in time to get hte tournament going on time.

Back