R2: Cool Pokedad (Eels/Tornadus EX/Mewtwo/Zekrom/Raikou) L [0-2]
R3: (Darkrai/Hydreigon/Skaymin) W [1-2]
R4: (Eels/Rayquaza/Emolga) W [2-2]
R5: (Garchomp/Altaria/Emolga) L [2-3]
R6: (Eels/Zekrom/Terrakion/Raikou/Mewtwo) W [3-3]
-
Final: 3-3 (0 Points)

Notes:
1) Awesome to play Kettler anytime. Game was going smooth and I was setting up nicely, but he was able to get two Goth's out before I could take any out. A crucial point was when I had to send up my Bronzong to hopefully get him knocked out on my turn to get a chance and attack. He was able to stall with Goth though, and then later made a great play attacking with Goth for 30 to make the math correct on a Terrakion EX. Kudo points to him for also letting me take back an energy I stupidly attached to my Terrakion that was just hit not thinking about it being paralyzed, only poisened. Very well played sir, deserved every bit of that win

2) Round two guy was an awesome pokedad. He goes first with a Tynamo active, but it able to get a Tornadus EX out, powered up with energy and Eviolite turn 2. I can't get another basic, so I lose by turn 3. Awesome dude though, so sorry I can't remember his name

3) Built my deck to counter Hydreigon/Darkrai and most Eel variants, which I thought would be super popular in the area. Turns out there wasn't too many, and I only ran into it twice all day. Later found out from the pokedad that Houston usually has a lot of weird rogue stuff that you'll have no idea really what to expect, while Dallas is more meta based (Which is what I'm used to). So thanks for the heads up for Regionals

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sept. 8th: San Antonio, Texas

36(?) Masters, 6 Rounds of Swiss
Deck: Eel (Zekrom, Tornadus, Registeel EX, Mewtwo EX, Zekrom EX)
-
R1: (Modified Starter deck) W 1-0
R2: (Eel/Ray) W 2-0
R3: (Darkrai/Hydreigon) W 3-0
R4: (Garchomp/Altaria) W 4-0
R5: (Eels) W 5-0
R6: (Garbodor Spread) W 6-0
-
Final: 6-0, 1st Place (15 Points)

Notes:
1) Except for my first opponent not having a real deck, and my last opponent who sadly just couldn't draw to get anything going, all the matches where fought out until the very end. It felt good man, felt good. Got my first points of the season, feeling good, and gotta another tournament tomorrow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sept. 9th: Austin, Texas

32 Masters, 5 Rounds of Swiss
Deck: Eel (Zekrom, Registeel EX, Mewtwo EX, Zekrom EX)
-
R1: (Eel/Ray) W 1-0
R2: (Garchomp/Altaria) W 2-0
R3: (Garchomp/Terrakion/Kyurem/Kyorge EX) W 3-0
R4: Cool guy with a Top Cut mat (Garchomp/Altaria) W 4-0
R5: My girlfriend, playing a deck I built (Terrakion/EX/Bronzong) W 5-0
-
Final: 5-0, 1st Place (15 Points)

Notes:
1) Wow, did not expect to go undefeated and get 1st place two days in a row. Talk about a confidence booster. All my matches where great, especially Round 4, came down to sudden death. Was very interesting because both of us where out of catchers, so I knew I could safely charge up one Mewtwo while retreating around with big EX's until I could OHKO. Always feels good coming with victories against opponents you know are good

2) The most insane thing happened in the end: Me and my girlfriend where the last two 4-0's at the very end, guaranteed us 1st and 2nd. She was playing a rogue Terrakion/EX/Bronzong deck I made, and I'm very very proud of her for doing so well (Even beat a deck concentrating on Tornadus/EX some how, and Ho-Oh) Gotta tell you, it feels weird playing against someone in the final match of the tournament using a deck you made yourself, and on top of that your closest testing partner. Honestly I'm more happy that she did so well than myself because this will give her the confidence she needs, and now has a drive to play and get ready for tournaments (Like Regionals soon)
------------------------------------------------------------------

For reference on BR victory numbers: Darkrai/Hydreigon won the first event, Eels won the 2nd two

Back