Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

4 months out, still got it. but wagers got me

Pokekid

So I wake up on Saturday stretch out and head out @ 9am. I get there around 9:35. I already have my decklist filled out and i turn it in right away. I am playing PLOX the more advance version of GG. So i get there, Kant and Kevin are playing PLOX also(ugh) but they think im playing Magmortar haha :p
I scout around for a few and i go.

ROUND 1: Plox vs Electavire/Blissey
Turn 3 lock down, i just set up massively. I start off with pachi and then i continue it with Claydol etc. I wager lock down t4 and i Win.

1-0

ROUND 2: Plox vs Hurricane
He tried to put up a good fight. I started with Ralts though and only Kirlia in my hand. I did get t3 gardy though lol. After that i started to get set up and won.

2-0
ROUND 3: Plox vs Typhlo d/Gardy/Claydol
Bad start i think i had duskull. But i get everything i need and get gardy t4 and start locking down. He made huge misplay on playing more than 4 bench pokemon with his Garyd lvl x powered on bench. I scooped it up with Dusknoir, went uphill from there on

3-0

ROUND 4: Plox vs ???
Forgot what i played again. But i wont in about 4 Turns. Again t3 Gardy.
4-0

Round 5: PLOX VS mirror(his list was pretty much like plox) Matt Koo
I think i started off w/Pachi, we both got pretty good starts and I did get the first lock down. He wasnt able to set up much after i killed one Gardy, and i just kept on bringing in new ones.

Round 6: Plox vs Hurricane(diffrent guy)
I get a like t2 gallde on his lonely Totadile. GG

6-0

So kant is 4-2 Kevin is 5-1 Bryan is 5-1, and im first woot.

TOP 16: Plox Vs Torterra/Sceptile/Claydol
Well he did get t3 Torterra which scared me. But i answered with a KO with t3 Gallade. I kept knocking off his guys and stuff he couldnt really set up or anything.

7-0
Kant,Kevin,Bryan still in t8
Kant Vs Mathew
Kevin vs Bryan
Me vs BJ

Top 8: Plox VS Hurricane(same guy as round 2)

Pretty much like the game we had before. I set up really fast again, he get off 2 Croconas power. I wager him/Lock him. He cant go farther than killing one gardy. GG man yourr really cool.
8-0

Kant and byran got knocked out.
Zach Kevin, Matt, and me are left

Top 4: PLox vs Plox(literally same exact list minus 1-2 cards)
So literally i might of won this series if if i wasnt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unlucky. Anyway litterly it went like a mirror, he did what i did, celios RC blah blah blah. It came down to 1-1 Prized. His dusknoir kills me gg.
I lost 1-7 Wagers during this match
Game 2:
Same thing as above going back and forth back and forth non-stop. Again we go down to 1-1 prizes. He evos into Gardy lvl x and wins ;/.
I lost 0-7 Wager during this match]

8-1

A TOTAL OF 15 WAGERS. COUNT IT 15 ooooooooomggggggggggg =/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/. i won one........ oh well i havent played in
4 moths and i still get 3rd woot im soo good.

Props:
-the event
-judging
-people
-Bolt, Mikey and everyone on team bangin for helping me out, and for the people testing vs me.

Slops
-wagers
-wagers
-wagers
-wagers
-wagers
-wagers

I dont know who won. I think kevin. never know

So t4 was
1/2 Kevin PLOX
1/2 Matt Sorta like Plox? G&G
3rd Sebastian S. PLOX
4th Zach G&G

good job pokekid...finishing 4th after going undefeated is a great feast after 4 months of not playing :)

U just ran though swiss. That's crazy. Too bad on the wager results. I didn't participate in regionals. I'm sure I missed out on alot. Congrats on Top 4 though.

Great job. I wish Bolt would playtest with me (sniff):wink:

I played A Toterra deck in Regionals myself. It came down to one prize, and I only won because he decked out. If you ask me - Toterra has play in our metagame.

Back