Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6-1 First place Midlo VA with dialga

Ghetto Overlord

Hey everybody, I played Dialga G at the Midlo VA battle roads and won and here’s how it went

Round 1 Vs Torterra
Umm Lucario GL makes everything 2x weak and Houndoom is fire and Dialga G Lv.X shuts down Sceptile. Definitely not the best matchup for her, sorry it went that fast.
1-0

Round 2 Vs Dustox
I know I either want to keep the Dialga non-leveled up or have a Unknown G on the Lv.X. I start up with a T2 deafen and get a G HQ + Skuntank T3. I break the lock for a second strike knock out on a Dustox and wipe all the energy off his field. He sends up a Duskull and rare candies into a Dusknior (the one with a poke body that spreads) drops an energy on it and passes. I drop a Crobat and a Poke turn and a second drop to put him at 40 (20 from G HQ) and drop an energy, level up and remove lost for a knock out. He sends up a Wurmple and passes. Remove lost FTW
2-0

Round 3 Vs Infernape and Typhlosion
When he flips a Chimchar at the start I was oh, not good. I couldn’t play the deafen game because he would just run me over with my 2x weakness so I only focused on powering up as many Dialgas as I could as fast as I could. I go second and get a T1 deafen in he has scratched me 2x and I got 40 on me. I put another energy onto dialga and second strike for the KO. He sends up a second Chimchar with 2 energy evolves Baltoy to Claydol and cosmic powers and felicitys into an insane amount of cards. He doesn’t get his rare candy and retreats and sends up a Cyndiquil to save his energy and passes. I’m powering up and new dialga now and crobat + second-strike for the ko. He gets his candy and brings up his chimchar makes it a infernape and starts rocking my Dialga’s skittles. I send up another dialga and send it up and level it up. Poisin structure, flash bite, bucks training and remove lost for the KO. He has nothing much left on his field so he sends up claydol and it gets Ko’ed by dialga X.
3-0

Round 4 Vs Manetric and Ninetails
I set up a lucario GL relatively quick and start attacking his paterisu and manetric but it dies to a ninetails that color shifted off a crobat. Im okay with him attacking with nine tails because he has to discard the energy for the turn to attack so he will get behind on energy eventually. I send up some shields and power up on the bench. Ninetails dies to poison courtesy of skuntank. He sends up a shield that gets taken out by a dialga. He moves a fresh ninetails to the active spot and takes me out. I bring up dialga #2 and level him up and remove lost for the ko. All this time he was been powering up a rayquaza on the bench and he sends it up and uses sky judgment. I send up the skuntank and poison structure, pass he attaches an energy to rayquaza and passes. I draw and pass, and he puts another energy on rayquaza and passes. Rayquaza has taken 40 because of poison so I poke turn skuntank and second-strike.
4-0

Round 5 Vs Plox
This match is I big blur because I played him in the top 4 and took him to game 3 so 4 games total im trying to keep straight LOL. All I remember is we stay even in the prize count until we are 1-1 and I notice my deck is low so I put down a baltoy to evolve into a claydol but it gets bring downed. I was like oh no Charles LOL.
4-1

Top 4 Vs Plox

Game 1
I get a good start and he scoops really early like within 5 minutes.

Game 2
By the time I can get a deafen and G HQ lock going he is fully set up and im going oh no. I have a resistance and a special metal so he takes forever getting a prize but the huge string of psychic locks gets to me as I can’t get any fresh cards and he happily telipasses through his deck. I lose and time is about 40 (we both play really fast) at this time the other top 4 game just finshed game 1 and we are on game 3

Game 3
I finally has a strategy so I put it into affect. I don’t play a supporter until like turn 5 and I got a turn 2 G HQ deafen lock with a skuntank. He struggles to get his stuff up because he can’t telepass and he needs 3 energy. He gets up a gallade that gets quickly gets knocked out but not after he wrecked a dialga. He has a turn to candy wich he takes and plays a stadium. But he needs 3 more energy so I go back to deafen spamming. He really cant do much because by the time he gets a gardevior up it has taken 40 from G HQ and can be second strike for the ko. He takes 2 prizes all game

5-1

Top 2 Vs Flygon

Game 1
He sets up a absol and starts crushing my hand. It gets to a point where I would play so many cards and he would hit 2 trainers and I could cosmic power for a full 6 for 3 turns. The energy difference between dialga and flygon really becomes apparent because he needs to send up a shield after every flygon’s death. He scoops after all his flygons die and im deafen spamming so he cant play night matince. One memorable thing about this game is I need a crobat for the knock out but he discards bebe + Rosanne and I didn’t think I could get it but I top deck into a crobat

Game 2
He goes first and starts with a absol and starts discarding. The only attack I do all game (except for 1 or 2 remove lost) is deafen and its obvious its starting to hurt him because trapinches are staying on the bench for a long time. People afterwards asked me why I played stadiums against him because he could get invincibility for a turn and I was like look at the math he evolves 2x and poison 2x so 60 and then 20 for deafens so a total of 80 if I didn’t have it in play I would only get 20 for deafens. Im willing to give someone invincibility for a turn for 60 more damage. He scoops after 2 vibravas die and he cant lay another flygon
6-1 and first place

Props
My little brother for winning juniors with Palkia
Josh W. and Mr. Washington (red face paint Archetype) for judging and being really chill
Johnny R .and Bradley H. for making top 4
Aaron for getting second
Nick H. and Rory H. for making me good at this game
Deafen Spams
L337 Shkillz
You for reading this

Slops
Forgetting about bring down
Opening 8 packs and the best card is a reverse bebe
Losing to Tyrone in 4 turns at chess (that was ridicules)

Last edited:
GJ Nate!!

I was glued to my CPU until I heard the results. Congrats on winning.

... brings up his chimchar makes it a infernape and starts rocking my Dialga’s skittles.
If only I had room to sig that :lol:

I set up a lucario GL relatively quick and start attacking his paterisu and manetric but it dies to a ninetails that color shifted off a crobat. ... He sends up a shield that gets taken out by a dialga. He moves a fresh ninetails to the active spot and takes me out.
Color Shift Ninetales works? :eek:

he takes forever getting a prize but the huge string of psychic locks gets to me as I can’t get any fresh cards and he happily telipasses through his deck.
The idea of someone "happily" telepassing through a deck made me chuckle.

Nice use of descriptive words. You must like writing, or atleast do well in English class.

The reasoning you explained in your T2G2 game was a perfect example of someone who knows the ins and outs of the deck you are playing and the purpose of every card beyond what it seems. :thumb:

Well done, Nate! Nice to see you getting the recognition that you so richly deserve!! Good prop to the Hatchels, too.. we all do miss them in this game!!

Congrats to you. Infernape/Typhlosion let me down but I still enjoyed the match always good going up against you. And you are right I couldn't draw that DAG BURN CANDY!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL

Oh! Sup Cary! I'm the other Infernape player!

You and your brother both have some serious skills in this game, you'll definitely do well at Nats.

I wish I could go to Nats and compete with you guys.

Way to go Nate!:thumb:

I almost wish I had been judging instead of playing so I could have seen your deck in action.

Are you and your brother coming to Warrenton?

I was very tempted to randomly insult you so I could mod and ban myself all within the same post .. .
(because you'd think that was funny :tongue: )

Hey.. change "Mr W" to Rogue Archetype so people around here know who you're talking about :)

Dude I think you're like THE ONLY Dialga G that was played at a BRs .. ROFL!

It was crazy watching you work that deck man. It's definitately a Pro move for you to roll with that one :)

_______ This was hottness_______________

Round 3 Vs Infernape and Typhlosion
When he flips a Chimchar at the start I was oh, not good. I couldn’t play the deafen game because he would just run me over with my 2x weakness so I only focused on powering up as many Dialgas as I could as fast as I could. I go second and get a T1 deafen in he has scratched me 2x and I got 40 on me. I put another energy onto dialga and second strike for the KO. He sends up a second Chimchar with 2 energy evolves Baltoy to Claydol and cosmic powers and felicitys into an insane amount of cards. He doesn’t get his rare candy and retreats and sends up a Cyndiquil to save his energy and passes. I’m powering up and new dialga now and crobat + second-strike for the ko. He gets his candy and brings up his chimchar makes it a infernape and starts rocking my Dialga’s skittles. I send up another dialga and send it up and level it up. Poisin structure, flash bite, bucks training and remove lost for the KO. He has nothing much left on his field so he sends up claydol and it gets Ko’ed by dialga X.

Last edited:
GJ man, our 4 matches in a row were intense. Took you long enough to get another win. No more losing in top cut ok?

I'm gonna build a mirror deck to Johnny's so you'll play the deck twice in swiss and twice in top cut .. AHAHAHAHA

Way to go Nate!:thumb:

I almost wish I had been judging instead of playing so I could have seen your deck in action.

Are you and your brother coming to Warrenton?

Sorry dude i gatta pay for gas and im broke so im keeping it local

Dude I think you're like THE ONLY Dialga G that was played at a BRs .. ROFL!

i know i was like i thought this was a tier one deck why im i all alone? i also checked the "what won BR" thread and its hardley there

No more losing in top cut ok?

ill try lol but no promises

Last edited:
Nate, we might be able to work something out... If you're at league Friday we can talk!

Mr. T.

Back