A Different Gatr

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by fragnito, Feb 5, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. fragnito

fragnito New Member

So Feraligatr MT has been played many ways most of which are dubbed inconsistent. Here is a different approach to a deck on the road to being decent.

4-2-4 Feraligatr MT
    2-2 Lumineon
    2-1-2 Togekiss
    1-1 Claydol
    1 Suicune SW

Now maybe this doesnt need a starter but it most likely does.
    The strategy is to get out Lumineon and then play Togekiss to get deck energy on Lumineon. Then attack for an average of 60-70 damage. The energy then goes into your hand, at which time Feraligatr attacks for a lot. Redraw with Claydol, and repeat. There obviously holes with this idea but maybe its worth a shot. What kind of trainer engine would be used, and ssu? or not?
    With Lake Boundary, is this an answer to Mag?
    Ideas?
    Suggestions?
    Comments?

2. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Isn't the goal with Gatr to get all those energies in your hand? At least with the one attack. It seems a little counterproductive to use togekiss to throw all the energy onto gatr, if the goal is to discard.

3. fragnito

fragnito New Member

no you put them on lumineon and its attack returns them to the hand
    then attack with gatr
    sorry for the confusion
    what do you think now?

4. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Ah, okay. That does seem like it could work, but it's still slow. Have you considered the obvious Delcatty Ex to get the energies back? Or magneton PK to get some back from the discard? Those are pretty decent as well.

5. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

One word. Wager. If I see you pull out a massive attack with Lumeneon, and I see the Gatr on the field, those energies are going back to your deck.

6. Spoinxx

Spoinxx New Member

yo my dawg
    whats da poijnt of togekiss? you dun want no nrgs back in ur pokemon attach, you want em in u hand
    ya i get dat one pok'mon card uhhh lu... lum... lun... uh yaw dat fish pok'mon, whatever, i dun lyk it not nice

7. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Its right up there on the first post....

8. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

And Croconaw contradicts Togekiss to the extreme :p

9. fragnito

fragnito New Member

it was just an idea

10. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Suicune takes POKEMON from the discard pile, not energies.

11. fragnito

fragnito New Member

good call

12. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Play the ball engine and it can thin out the deck quicker for the power.

13. Ignatious

Ignatious New Member

Could someone translate this from stupid to english for me please?

14. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

^ Man if it wasnt for the fact that i love my sig I would sig it...

15. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

Hi dude
    What is the point of Togekiss? You dont want to attach your Energy to your Pokemon, you want them in your hand.Ya i get that... ... fish pokemon (lumineon) Whatever, I dont like it NOT nice

lol i noticed that too, he writes like a kid in my class who cant spell whichm(6th grade dude)

16. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

I see this as a SLOWER version of hurricane.

Seriously, How much energy can u get from togekiss's power? 3?4? Lumineon's attack isn't good even with the energy boost. BTW, gatr only gets to attack for big 1 time only after lumineon's attack. Then what? Claydol isnt a consistence answer for energy! Togekiss becomes useless by now....