Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A new Ampharos Ex (hasnt been one in awile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodTrainer

an thats a darn shame cause it a VERY good card. Ive had an AmphyEX deck for awhile now, and havent posted it so i thought What the he!! might as well give it a shot. See i love my decks, its more of a hobbie for me to just have a deck, weither i play it or not. I look at them as works of art belive it or not, and it is VERY hard for me to tear apart one of my works ( the reason i always hate when modified gets modified LOL) my current deck count is at 24 and they are all fully suported with a good trainer engines ( a feat in its self, looks at his stack of 51 cleffas)i just cant bring myself to take any of them apart, and i consider them all very good and unique decks so with out futher adue here it is

Pokemon-17 (11 basics)

3 dunsparce (really? i mean what a shock!.....NOT)
2 zangoose (need to counter those pesky dragons)
2 wabbey (need to counter those peskey EX's lol)
4 marrep (dont care really didnt look
1 flaffy (only one for a reason, better chances for fastball picking me up an ampharos)
3 ampharos Ex (main attacker and point of the deck obviousely)
2 ampharos ( exp one, reather have 2 then 1 and it is fun with nurse)

Trainers-28 (13 suporters

4 oaks research (better then copy cat DONT even get me started
3 tv reporter (take 3 of draw, then discard one card i dont want anyway
4 nurse (theme of the deck, and wanted to MAX out, cause its all my healing
1 fisherman ( I LOVE THIS CARD PEIRIOD,IF I THOUGHT I COULD TRIM THE SPACE ID PLAY2
1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------
4 fast ball (now i love me sum PETM, IT IS A GREAT CARD!!! and in a normal deck they would
take the place of my nurse, and nurse would be potion, but since i need nurse i cant have
two many supporters
4 rare candy (well if i dont have the stage 2s obviously i have these
4 switch (a must with the nurse Exp ampy combo
2 warp point (more swithing action
1 low presure stadium (more HP

NRG-15

4 multi (wobby)
11 electric (i dont know im thinking of makeing these ooo lets say :grass: :D )

any sugestions would be appriciated. NOTE sugestions not " dude what were you thinking" or "WO my deck is SOOO much better" key word is constructive critisism ........... thanx guy :D

Last edited:
I have not seen many people playing dragon Pokémon yet, Zangoose should not be used. Since you need a strong Basic Pokémon, I would use it. Dunsparce is okay, but I would probably not use it.

Your deck needs drawing power, so you need Copycat and Juggler in your deck.

I suggest adding some Psychic Energy just in case someone pulls of some energy removing cards on you.

Pokémon (16)
2 Ampharos (Aquapolis)
2 Ampharos ex (EX: Dragon)
3 Flaaffy (EX: Dragon)
4 Mareep (EX: Dragon)
3 Wobbuffet (EX: Sandstorm)
2 Zangoose (EX: Sandstorm)

Trainers (23)
3 Copycat
3 Juggler
2 Low Pressure Stadium
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 Rare Candy
3 Switch
3 Town Volunteers
3 TV Reporter

Energy (21)
12 Lightning Energy
5 Psychic Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

I'm glad someone posted an Amphy ex deck here again because it is one of the best in the format.
First I don't think Zangoose is the best counter for Dragons unless your expecting major Flygons in your area. The best Dragon in the best deck right now is Rayquaza ex. Zangoose does 60 that is not a counter. I would take them out for Elekid maybe even add 1. I haven't played this much but that is good for this deck and is probably needed. 1 Flaafy is risky. You can easily -1 Candy and add 1 Flaafy incase of a rogue Omastar. I see your Fast Ball combo but it still doesn't guarantee the right Amphy for the situation. I guess if your playing 4 you might be getting them off quickly to get everything still early. I prefer Birch over TV Reporter but that is your choice. I would go 3 Nurse, 4 seems like overkill. 1 Fisherman or 1 TV alone should be enough recovery. I would take 1 out. 6 Switchers are a lot. Maybe cut 2 for draw power like Birch/Copycat/Shaman. Low Pressure System doesn't look so good but maybe just 1 is fine. Not a even to odd multiple but 1 more 50 multiple. You need actual Psychic. First you can't Energy Transfer Multi and when you need to attack with Amphy exp you need another color so you don't need to discard 4.
Oh finally w/out Zangoose you need Crystal Shard. Blaziken/Rayquaza is the best deck and Flygon will completely beat this deck otherwise. 2 is needed maybe more depending on your area. So maybe
-2 Zangoose
-1 Rare Candy
-4 Multi
-1 Nurse
-1 TV or Fisherman
-2 Switchers

+2 Elekid
+1 Flaafy
+6 Psychic
+2 Shard

I couldn't fit your extra draw. I think 7 is too little. Maybe cut the Fast Ball to 2 and add 2 Draw. If you do that you may as well make it PETM. Hope that helps.

GodTrainer said:
an thats a darn shame cause it a VERY good card. Ive had an AmphyEX deck for awhile now, and havent posted it so i thought What the he!! might as well give it a shot. See i love my decks, its more of a hobbie for me to just have a deck, weither i play it or not. I look at them as works of art belive it or not, and it is VERY hard for me to tear apart one of my works ( the reason i always hate when modified gets modified LOL) my current deck count is at 24 and they are all fully suported with a good trainer engines ( a feat in its self, looks at his stack of 51 cleffas)i just cant bring myself to take any of them apart, and i consider them all very good and unique decks so with out futher adue here it is

Pokemon-17 (11 basics)

3 dunsparce (really? i mean what a shock!.....NOT)
2 elekid
2 flaffy (only one for a reason, better chances for fastball picking me up an ampharos)

Trainers-28 (13 suporters

3 nurse (theme of the deck, and wanted to MAX out, cause its all my healing
1 fisherman ( I LOVE THIS CARD PEIRIOD,IF I THOUGHT I COULD TRIM THE SPACE ID PLAY2
1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------
4 fast ball (now i love me sum PETM, IT IS A GREAT CARD!!! and in a normal deck they would
take the place of my nurse, and nurse would be potion, but since i need nurse i cant have
two many supporters
3 rare candy (well if i dont have the stage 2s obviously i have these
4 switch (a must with the nurse Exp ampy combo
2 cristal shard

NRG-15

6 physic
11 electric (i dont know im thinking of makeing these ooo lets say :grass: :D )

ok, took away one rare candy, one nurse and 2 warpoint and zangoose and the LP stadium. added 2 elekid, 1 flaffy, 2 cristal shard and changed the mulit ENG over to physic and added 2 of them. I still like the fastball over PETM in this case ONLY because i aready have SO many supporters (the nurse thing as i explaned b4) and in this case i like the TV reporter over juggler, becuase i dont need that many NRG in the discard (well actually i dont need ANY LOL) and that card only lets you discard NRG for the draw, yes i know that you get the extra option of draw 5 if you discard 2, however i like the TV reporter, because i can discard ANY card from my hand, like oooo say an extra dunsparce or a extra elekid that i not need anymore well, more suggestions keep them comming :D

Last edited:
4 Mareep
4 Flaffy
3 Ampharos EX
2 Ampharos exp
1 Dunsparce
3 Elekid
2 Wobbuffet

4 Oaks Reasearch
3 PokeNav
3 Oracle
2 Birch
1 Copycat
1 Elms Training Method
2 Pokemon Fanclub
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Nurse
1 TV
2 Shard

6 Psychic
9 Lightning Energy
2 Warp Energy

Theres the best list possible imo.

MonkeyMan said:
4 Mareep
4 Flaffy
3 Ampharos EX
2 Ampharos exp
1 Dunsparce
3 Elekid
2 Wobbuffet

4 Oaks Reasearch
3 PokeNav
3 Oracle
2 Birch
1 Copycat
1 Elms Training Method
2 Pokemon Fanclub
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Nurse
1 TV
2 Shard

6 Psychic
9 Lightning Energy
2 Warp Energy

Theres the best list possible imo.

well, i dont like the idea of ONE dunsparce, id eather go with it or not. If i nixed it id prob go with 4 duel ball instead, again it is a NON-suporter and that is always good. I am trying to keep the overall suporter count down here, so i wouldnt want to add fanclub or lettents serarch to take the place. Maybe add some waynut? but that would defeet the purpose of starting with and elekid, and getting the extra NRG effect. I dont know, i will test elimating the dunsparce adding one elekid and turning the rest into duel ball. What else, a yea i like the warp NRG over the switch i might give that a try. I dont know about the pokenav, i think im sticking with fast ball. and i like the draw engine i have right now, the TV reporters seem to serve me well. But i will make the changes that i stated above, and test it out. Will let you know how it turns out. Please keep the posts comming :D

ok i like the changes i made (well most of them) and here is an updated deck list

V3.0 my revised version

Pokemon-18 (12 basics)

4 elekid
1 flaffy (only one for a reason, better chances for fastball picking me up an ampharos)
2 zangoose

Trainers-28 (12 suporters

1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------
3 Duel ball
3 fast ball (now i love me sum PETM, IT IS A GREAT CARD!!! and in a normal deck they would
two many supporters
3 rare candy (well if i dont have the stage 2s obviously i have these
3 switch (a must with the nurse Exp ampy combo

NRG-16

5 physic
11 electric (i dont know im thinking of makeing these ooo lets say )

ok i took out the dunspace, upped the elekid droped down the flaphy back down to one. Now here is where i need some help. I love the fastball here, and inorder for it to work better i need to drop either a flaphy a ampyEX or a EXPamphy. Now if i drop the flaphy i am better garented a ampy of some kind, but if i dont have the rare candy at the right time then, well you know. If i drop the amphyEX down to 2 then i have equal chance of getting the ampyEX as i have of getting the EXPamphy, and i want a better chance of getting the ampyEX, plus i just want to have 3 incase i get one in my prizes. OR lastly i could drop the EXPampy to 1, but i dont want to do that cause i would then run the risk of getting that in my prizes. so i decide on droping the flaphy, cause it was the only one i saw that could give me a positive to the negative. Ok next big thing i changed the shard back to zangoose. I did this because i for one needed more basics and for 2 i would wanted to keep the trainer count down, and as changing that over serves BOTH purposes i decided to do that and with no oracle what are the chances that i could get it when i acually need it. OOO what else lets see LOL fixed the NRG and cut a physic and i cut the fast ball to 3, added 3 duel ball, cut a switch. To me i belive that i have covered everything but i would LOVE some more comments. so i thank you all for your posts so far and please POST MORE :D :D

I still don't understand why rare candy and fast ball are even in the deck, you don't need to get an amphy ex out that early, it can only attack on turn 3, and you might be better off putting in more flaaffy and just putting in some more searching power.

2 reasons why i would want it to come out early, one its power can start causeing disruption very early on. Two, if i start with elekid i can attack turn 2 withit.

and the fastball and reduced flaffy/ rare candy isnt so much to get it out early (though it helps) they are like that for other reasons

fastball

ok i need something to get my evos out on a consistant basis, and i want better odds then relying on new hands of 4 or 5 cards, normaly i would use PETM for specific searching, however with the nurse i cant add to many supporters. Plus lets say i get like 2 fast ball and a duel ball in one hand, i could play all of them and then i could play a supporter (like a draw card) and if get more, then i could play all of them also as aposed to waiting 3 turns to fanclub or lettents search, then PETM, then use a draw card....see what i mean about keeping the supporters low...i like to play what i got when i want no just once per turn ;)

now obvioulsy the less evos in there the better chance of me getting what i want with fastball. So thats why the flaffy count is low, so that im basicly playing the fastball and hoping on the odds holding up to get me my ampys

and if i reduce the flaffy like stated above, then i need to let it evolve some how, and thats why i need rare candy.

its sort of a perpetual thing lol

so yea i might give that a try, just eleminating the fastball and rare candy, and adding more flaffy and draw, but i think i already know what is going to happon

Last edited:
Ummm, I still think you're limited to attacking turn three, regardless of elekid in play.
turn one: Attach to elekid, attack, attach to mareep, end
turn two: Attach to mareep, evolve, elekid attach to amphy.
That's still only two energy on the second turn.

Besides, the power only does 10 damage, nothing a potion can't fix. I think you're better off not running the fast balls and rare candies to dilute your deck.

well i tryed it with the flaffy. I kinda liked it, i enjoyed not haveing to have the rare candy and a evo search in my had in order to evolve, however i did not like the addition to the supporters. I changed the rare candy over to flaffy and the fastball and extra rarecady spot over to shamman. I liked the disruption, but the 4 cards was not getting me the flaffy i needed. So i tryed copycat, and well most of the time when i had the cat to use i was only getting the option of 4 cards anyway.... so same problem. So then i tryed birtch. Now out of all of them this was the best, however not as good. I was most of the time also getting a hand of 4, sometimes 5, but thats because i had MOSTLY SUPPORTERS in my hand and couldnt play them fast enough, but i justiy the birch because it is not a shuffle card, its a draw card which i LIKE, because you dont have to get rid of the cards you want to keep in your hand, like for example if i had the ampy i needed in my hand, with the other "draw" cards i would have to shuffle it back inorder to get the flaffy, but with the birtch i can top deck and try to get it (and this produced the best results)

so i dont know on one hand i like the reduced supporters

on the other i like being able to evolve with out haveing to have 2 cards (the fastball or my evo AND my rare candy) in hand.

verdict.....

im going with the flaffy (dragon one) and cutting the fastball and the rare candy.

updated deck list will ensue

thank you very much for arguing this point with me, i belive that you have now made my deck better!

please more posts!! :D :D

[
Pokemon-21 (12 basics)

4 elekid
4 flaffy
2 zangoose

Trainers-30 (14 suporters

3 birtch
2 tv reporter (take 3 of draw, then discard one card i dont want anyway
1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------

3 Duel ball

NRG-17

5 physic
12 electric (i dont know im thinking of makeing these ooo lets say )

ok the deck total is 58, what i cant decide on ( and DEFINETLY) want opinion on is to make the last 2 one of the following

extra duel ball
extra tv reporter
extra physic NRG
extra electric NRG
ss electabuzz
warp point
or warp NRG

please post your thoughts :D :D

Last edited:
GodTrainer said:
[
Pokemon-21 (12 basics)

4 elekid
4 flaffy
2 zangoose

Trainers-30 (14 suporters

3 birtch
1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------

3 Duel ball

NRG-17

5 physic

ok the deck total is 58, what i cant decide on ( and DEFINETLY) want opinion on is to make the last 2 one of the following

extra duel ball
extra tv reporter
extra physic NRG
extra electric NRG
ss electabuzz
warp point
or warp NRG

please post your thoughts :D :D

Try adding a Low Pressure System and Nurse. And drop a Zangoose for another Wobby, 2 is not enough.

well i like the LPS idea, so thats in, but i dont know, i think i will add the last spot as a duel ball. I really need a way to get the basics out fast, and with duel ball i can always chose if i want a wabby or a zang out, so i think 2 wabby is enough and 2 zang as well so here is and updated list

Pokemon-21 (12 basics)

4 elekid
4 flaffy
2 zangoose

Trainers-22 (14 suporters

3 birtch
1 townV (Gota have it)
------------------

4 Duel ball
1 low pressure stadium

NRG-17

5 physic

so thats the most recent list, please post your thoughts :D :D

Hmmm, I don't seem to have any problems birching in my list, oh well. You can cut the zangoose for crystal shard, that helps much more against dragons. And if you really want to lower your supporter count, drop the reporters for nav. It's essentially a cycling card, and it works fairly well with oracle.

i think ill do that......so........out goes 2 tv reporter and 1 duel ball and in go 3 nav!

thanks, i tryed it and i seem to like it!

please more people post your ideas! :D :D

Wow my Amphy deck is so different than this. I don't think they could even be considered the same kind of deck. First, drop the Zangoose. I really want to do something with the elekid (like drop them for Dunsparce) but since you don't play Delcatty it probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Because I want to try and avoid turning this into my deck, I don't really have a lot of advice. Sorry. Don't ask me to post my deck because I am not comfortable with that at the moment. Good luck with this deck, Amphy ex is my favorite.

SlimeyGrimey said:
Wow my Amphy deck is so different than this. I don't think they could even be considered the same kind of deck. First, drop the Zangoose. I really want to do something with the elekid (like drop them for Dunsparce) but since you don't play Delcatty it probably wouldn't be such a good idea. Because I want to try and avoid turning this into my deck, I don't really have a lot of advice. Sorry. Don't ask me to post my deck because I am not comfortable with that at the moment. Good luck with this deck, Amphy ex is my favorite.

"Wow my Amphy deck is so different than this. I don't think they could even be considered the same kind of deck" So how does that automaticly make your deck the best?

"Because I want to try and avoid turning this into my deck" thats good, because its not your deck, its my deck, and i wouldnt turn it into your deck just cause you droped a dime and said to anyway!

"Don't ask me to post my deck because I am not comfortable with that at the moment" For christ sakes what is it the JFK assisantion report? or how about the roswell landings?? LOL, are you afraid that someone is going to steel your secrets?

LOL, i think you should have read what i started this post with, that being DONT POST THINGS LIKE "O MY DECK IS SOOOOO BETTER THEN YOUR DECK" just usefull critism on specific cards would be nice, if you have any of that, then by all means share with us, thats what these boards are for :D :D

First off, I NEVER said that my deck was better than yours, just different.

Secondly, I never told you to change your deck into my deck.

There was no need to go all offensive on me, but rereading my post, I can see that I didn't post it very well and it could be interpretted that way.

I guess if you want to see my decklist I'll post it.

Sorry, I was tired when I posted that. I didn't MEAN anything offensive.

Last edited:
SlimeyGrimey said:
First off, I NEVER said that my deck was better than yours, just different.

Secondly, I never told you to change your deck into my deck.

There was no need to go all offensive on me, but rereading my post, I can see that I didn't post it very well and it could be interpretted that way.

I guess if you want to see my decklist I'll post it.

Sorry, I was tired when I posted that. I didn't MEAN anything offensive.

in that case, im sorry man. I did take it offesively, and if aragence was not your intention then, again, i am sorry. Well its your deck list, weither or not you post it is up to you, but i dont think everyone is going to run off and start playing it LoL, most people count out ampy these days anyway(a shame too) so yea, agian, sorry :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back