Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

a new..or can i say an old g&g counter

hanz

i think most of people are afraid of G&G
but for every good card there is a counter .. Right?
i looked up my binder & saw that my FLYGON ex d was at long rest..
well i used it up with the delta supply flgon d,used up the rayquaza d ex
i know it might be risky for 2 prizes
but i know i can 1 shot any gardilade deck with lake boundary
a tech to be used is mew*
with claydol and holons castform for draw why should i be afraid of absol..

why dont we revive our flgon ex d?
this is my thought of G&G meta..

any comments?
[/U]

Even if you 1-shot them, they 2-shot your Flygon ex right back with Gallade, not to mention they can flip their prizes to OHKO the first Flygon giving them a nice lead.

You will have to use Unown G to protect your Flygon's from Sonic Blade. Even with those, G&G has the edge because they can trade 1 prize pokemon for your 2 prize ones. Don't get me wrong, I like Flygon Ex d. But, it it really was a metagame counter, don't you think people would be playing it a lot more than it has been this season.

It's not nearly as easy to pull of a flygon ex d when the following has happened:

1. They have a gardevoir lvl x bringing you down
2. They are power-locking you
3. They push back Flygon ex d with blade and essentially did 100 for 2 (a good player will lock your powers and make it impossible to unown g, and simply gust you to the bench)
4. Using gallade to both destroy your start and easily flip over prizes to get a free two prizes

well they can flip all their prize cards..
then what will gallade do if there is a unown g attached to em..
they can only damage 60 if all prize cards are revealed,right?
why dont we put in a pidgeot d in there to stop the gardy?
isnt this a meta?i know it can kill gardylade
max in the castform and lake boundary..
its a question of
who will set up faster gardy or flgon with the MONSTROUS help of castform?

But it's not a tool until you use it's power and if you use psychic lock it cant us it's power so it can't be a tool.

When unknown g is a tool, gallade can windstorm it...
If they have pidgeot d, then gallade will battle frontier.

And flygon would be much more consistant with a pachi start.
Are you going to run 4 mentor and 2-4 roseannes? Just so that you can get a T2-T3 bench? And then not be able to draw for a couple spaces on your bench? (baltoy and casty) Besides the fact that its much better to just use the SW trapinch (maybe the vibrava SW would be better than the DF one, but it's your choice whether you want to spread or do 50 to gallade for 1)

^blaziken1111 also has a point.

(just thought i'd add this: i always laugh when i see how many people make threads about how "good" flex is against gallade....)

pidgeot d, mew*, flygon d, flygon ex d, rayquaza ex d, claydol, holons castoform? not gonna work.

I've looked at Flygon d EX too. It is nearly good enough, but nearly a counter isn't a counter. The clincher against it was that you can't scramble the EX. So I then looked at pidegeot d to lock the opponent. Which drives you towards metal pokemon and psychic resistance. hmmm might beat GG but not Magmortar. A single Mew * isn't enough to counter magmortar.

Wow you read my mind NoPoke. It may stand up to an average GG but playing against mag you will get destroyed. mew* gets you one prize while mag is grabbing three still want to take your chances,

Back