Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Place Not Quickly Forgotten

tyais

So while researching information for an Economics 110 paper I'm writing, I come upon a news piece saying that Wizards is suing Nintendo. I sit back to myself and say, "It has been far too long."

After my final stint with Wizards, I packed my cards away. (I have a lot, did you guys know that? Not near the amount some do, but enough to build a sturdy house if anything were to ever happen. I have cards signed by three different artists, every MT you could imagine, and cards that still make me laugh... Charizard... go figure....) A few weeks ago... more like a month and a half, I called Dark MT Mike as a business reference for all the applications I was filling out. He mentioned that Pokemon USA would be taking over. You'll imagine my surprise to see Nintendo and WotC at each other's throats. (Good for WotC. Pokemon USA has always been a pain in the rear to work with. They were the real hindrance to Pokemon TCG.) And then I think to myself, "Hmm... I wonder what the old community is up to...." and of course WizPoG is no longer on Wizards site. So I go check out Pojo (POJO! Oh the old names are sounding so musical!) and I decide to check out their message board and find a link to the underground.

You guys, I never said thank you. To all of you. The moderators who made this place, the forumers who grew it, and the friends that helped me become who I am. Thank all of you. This place has some awesome memories and I hope that it always remains in the memories of those who visit it. I spent a significant portion of my time on this thing. 13 years old in 8th grade is when I began working on PokeGym when under control of Psylum, Inc. I'm a Freshman in college now. Since I took my job with Psylum, I've earned my Eagle Scout, obtained a driver's license, had my first kiss, been elected to student government, graduated and been accepted to the college I've always wished to go to... life moves to quickly... and I'm sure when I'm an old phart like PokePop or Big Daddy Snorlax or PokeSensei or Chrisbo or some of the others, I'll feel like that even more.

From tyais. Thank you. (Brian Brokaw would be proud to know what he started more than four and a half years ago has matured into something awesome.)

Last edited:
And so ironically I just realized it is EXACTLY 4 years give or take 3 days since I took the reigns of PokeGym. 4 years.... oh my gosh.

Thank you guys, again.

ah, it's the infamous Tyais.. been a while, it really has. I think we've all grown in the past years. We never really got to know each other in the past, but I kinda wish we had. Oh well, good to see that you're back on the board, and hope you stay. We love having old faces make a good appearance.

I became a member of Pokegym September 1999, then a
couple of months later Ty e-mails me and asked me if I would like to be a mod for the marketplace.Oh I was so excited!!! Now here I am an oldie(no longer a mod), still hangin around.I'm happy to see you back with us. :clap:

MoonGem

Last edited:
tyais??? I've heard stories of this ledgendary figure in Pokemon history, but I really don't think he exists. :lol:

Good to see you again Bryan. Still sleeping in hotel room chairs? :eek:

Don't be a stranger around here!!! :clap:

BDS

I KNOW what MATCHES he was watching over the past few weeks.

Home Depot Ctr is but a few miles from where I am.

*Heart-wrenching loss against Germany 3-0 =(

PS IS Freddy Adu for real?

Last edited:
Not being able to employ Bryan for Pokémon IS the reason WotC is suing TPC. ;)

Note Ty listed getting a driver's licence (not as an illegal alien :rolleyes: ) BEFORE listing having his first kiss. So, it was the car, eh?

Hope you're having fun in college. I know a certain girl dressed as Jessie who wishes she was there. ;)

Wow tyais. Is the earth going to come to an end now. And of course thank you for all you did for Pokémon.

Oh man, IP, I envy you. You are within an hour of the cathedral known as Victoria Street. Me and some friends are actually hopefully taking a roadtrip next summer to go see LA play sometime. It should be awesome. (And if a WC Qualifier is there, trust me, I'll be making the drive.)

Just as a side note, list of achievements is not necessarily in chronological order. ;-)

Definitely still sleeping in the equivalent of hotel room chairs - a dorm room bed.

Tyais?Who`s Tyais?Oh that slacker...yeah BDS,"Master Slacker" would fit perfectly! :lol: :D

Glad to see ya around my friend.Please do visit more often!

[remembers back to when I first moved down to Virginia 3 1/2 years ago and first met Tyais...man,where has time gone...]

`Sensei

PokePop said:
That's twice today I've been mistaken for BDS!

*goes off to look in mirror*

:lol: :p

Shhh....don`t anyone let BDS..er...`Pop know that we slipped a transformation spell into one of his e-mails... :cool:

Welcome Back Tyais! :) I had wondered where you had been. I believe that I had played you a TCG game WAY back at one of the first STS events. Glad to hear that everything is going well, and don't be a stranger ok? :)

Take Care,

Skywolf1

Glad to see you again tyais. I'd also like to thank you for the impact you've had on my life and probably the lives of many other people on this board. Just about every event in my life can be traced back somehow to my experiences on the Pokégym. And in my opinion it's had a massive positive impact on everything. Once again, thanks a lot tyais. Hope you plan to stick around.

Back