Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A way to mess up Delcatty decks

Ricardo

You don't need a water type pokemon to beat Magmortar/Typhlosion/ and Delcatty. Run about 3 Battle Frontier with 3 scott, It shuts down Delcatty's Energy Draw. Or you may run Gardevoir EX with It's Imprison,"As long as this pokemon Is your active, Choose one of your opponent's pokemon and put an Imprison Marker On It, Each pokemon that has an Imprison cannot use any Poke-Powers or Poke-Bodies". That can block Delcatty AND Typhlosion AND also Magmortar. If you're not running a Poke-Power or Poke-Bodies deck, why not run Cessation Crystal. To make a deck to really beat this at Regionals, You may want to use a :fighting: pokemon.

Gardevoir Ex d isn't worth it. It's damage output is too low, considering alot of DP series cards have more fire power than it, and don't give up 2 prizes.

As for your Battle Frontier statement. I gotta give you a medal. I am sure NOBODY has thought of running Battle Frontier to screw up decks with Delcatty in them. You sir, have broken the format.

Also, there is not many Colorless/Dark/Metal pokemon out in the format that use them. Your only expect Delcatty, Honchkrow, Garchomp, Togekiss, Porygon Z and old Delta pokemon at the most..... cause its not that good now.

Also, there is not many Colorless/Dark/Metal pokemon out in the format that use them. Your only expect Delcatty, Honchkrow, Garchomp, Togekiss, Porygon Z and old Delta pokemon at the most..... cause its not that good now.

Pidgeot δ too.

Welcome to the forums Ricardo. I suggest cessation crystal. There's a scan here for when the gallery is back up.

Gardevoir Ex d isn't worth it. It's damage output is too low, considering alot of DP series cards have more fire power than it, and don't give up 2 prizes.

As for your Battle Frontier statement. I gotta give you a medal. I am sure NOBODY has thought of running Battle Frontier to screw up decks with Delcatty in them. You sir, have broken the format.

Well..I wouldn't go that far. Seeing that many Maggy decks nowadays run Claydol and 2 Blaze Pk- 2 Blaze GE.

Also, the Gardy Idea is kinda cool, but I wouldn't play it for the reasons of low dmg output and an easy 2 prizes. Instead, go w/ Cessation Crystal. (Less ppl play it now, but it is still good.)

It won't work because even if you stop their draw delcatty isn't that great of a loss to them. Also a lot of people have stopped using catty and started using claydol. And also with Gardy. It is a very good card but it has to be active to use it's power. I made a very good gardy ex deck that could do 2 inprisons per turn and get multiple gardys set up but once blissey came in it's speed just killed the deck. I was hoping that once gallade came out I could tech 1 or 2 in but gardy came out also which was a big problem because it just killed the deck. Magmortar also stoped the deck because it gained easy prized from altaria which was a huge problem.

Delcatty isn't used that often in the GE metagame.

Only few Magmortars run it, and Garchomp doesn't play this any more at all (if it does, it will probably lose in the current metagame). Some Hurricane still have Delcatty, but it's not that kind of key card that you get autowin if you lock it down.

Battle Frontier is ok since Togekiss is played more and more (with Garchomp, Ho-oh, Magmortar and other decks).

Gardevoir ex d is the best Pokémon-ex that in format, even if this doesn't mean anything since Pokémon-ex are really bad now. Standard G&G can't use Gardevoir ex d, but if you play a G&G that can take all out of this very special tech card, it is really powerful.

Delcatty isn't used that often in the GE metagame.

Only few Magmortars run it, and Garchomp doesn't play this any more at all (if it does, it will probably lose in the current metagame). Some Hurricane still have Delcatty, but it's not that kind of key card that you get autowin if you lock it down.

Battle Frontier is ok since Togekiss is played more and more (with Garchomp, Ho-oh, Magmortar and other decks).

Gardevoir ex d is the best Pokémon-ex that in format, even if this doesn't mean anything since Pokémon-ex are really bad now. Standard G&G can't use Gardevoir ex d, but if you play a G&G that can take all out of this very special tech card, it is really powerful.

Garchomp loses to the current format with or without Delcatty honestly. Hurricane plays Delcattys,some Magmortars play it,some rogues play it,Magnezone Lv.x/Blissey should play it.

Garchomp loses to the current format with or without Delcatty honestly.
Not really.
Even if it's not as strong as G/G or Magmortar, it is a good deck. I got 1st and 2nd placed at two of my country's more competitive State Championships (winning one of them 8-0) and I heard about another State-sized Premier event in Europe won by Garchomp 8-0 or even 9-0.

btw Magnezone Lv.X hasn't released yet and it probably will not until next season.

Garchomp won an "international" tournament over here in Europe, and has been more popular since. It is definitely not a bad deck, but, IMO, both G&G and Magmortar are better.

Back