Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AAP - Abusing Auto Paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the maker of "Lan-Turn One", here's another fun, maybe halfway-useable deck for your amusement. This one I might actually try out IRL

4 Aqua's Cacturne
4 Aqua's Cacnea
- 8 pokémon

4 Darkness Energy
4 Multi Energy
4 Aqua Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Rainbow Energy
- 20 energy

4 Aqua TM 01
4 Multi TM 01
2 Aqua's Hideout/Low Pressure Stadium
4 Team Aqua Ball
3 Power Charge
1 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
4 TV Reporter
4 Professor Birch
2 Aqua Belt
3 Crystal Shard
- 32 trainers

Okay, strategy seems pretty obvious, just paralyze, paralyze, paralyze... I know this strategy's been done before with Sableye, but Sableye can only guarantee a paralysis 16 times, granted that's a lot, but more is always better, right? With Cacturne, you can almost double that and pull off a guaranteed paralysis 28 times.

I'm not sure on Aqua's Hideout/LPS, I'm thinking LPS will probably be more useful. Volunteers is there, just to get back a couple Cacnea/Cacturne late game, since I may need them back soner or later. Everything else is incredibly obvious.

Anyway, This deck is insanely annoying against any deck that doesn't play Switch/Warp Point/Briney (etc...) since the only KOs that they can consistently get would be from the new active that they bring up after I get a KO, so assuming that they use a Poké-ex, I should always be up on prizes.

Also, since it's my energy attach to my pokémon, if I've got a Darkness Energy and a DRE attached to Cacturne, I would get to choose which energy effect happens first, correct?

Comments, Suggestions, Feedback?

Wouldn't an opponent with a fire pokemon just use a Switch or Warp Point to free himself, then kill your active? Even Torchic can OHKO TA's Cacturne, not to mention Combuskens and so forth... I mean you can't ask them if they use Switch and Warp's and then decide to use another deck... You have to make a deck to face what's thrown at you...

And it says on TA's Cacturne you have to discard a Darkness Energy CARD. So what are all those Rainbow Energies for? To make sure TA's Cacturne can do 10 damage on it's first attack?

Last edited:
I already mentioned that if your opponent doesn't play Switch/Warp Point it works a lot better, Even if they do Switch out and KO a Cacturne, then I just bring out another Cacturne and continue the paralysis frenzy, remeber, this is a fun deck, not really meant for serious play...

Oh, and for the record, I'm pretty sure that any card that provides Darkness Energy counts as a Darkness Energy CARD... So all the Rainbows can be discarded for paralysis... The same way that you can move Rainbows with Sceptile's "Energy Trans" or discard them with Arcanine's "Burn Up". Note, that they both say "Energy CARD" too :p

TheDeuce said:
I already mentioned that if your opponent doesn't play Switch/Warp Point it works a lot better,
Yeah, that's why I wrote:

Daddiursa said:
I mean you can't ask them if they use Switch and Warp's and then decide to use another deck... You have to make a deck to face what's thrown at you...
However, I do not fail to see the theoretical value of this deck idea. I just couldn't Swellow (sorry...) that this deck bases it's well-being on those card not being played. I mean you play one, so you're not even imagening a non-switch non-warp world either...

TheDeuce said:
Oh, and for the record, I'm pretty sure that any card that provides Darkness Energy counts as a Darkness Energy CARD... :p
Do you have a ruling on this? I'd like to know. I've always thought there was a significant difference between providing Energy, and being a particular Energy card. But to know the contrary, if it's a fact, would only make me wiser.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like Lan-turn 1 a lot better than this as you can continuously build other stuff. In this, you have to discard an energy each turn, which doesn't let you ready another Cacturne. So once you kill something off, you're totally screwed. And almost every other deck on this planet plays at least ONE switch, so yeah... I don't think this is viable, though it could be fun to play with friends.

Also, Cacturne just doesn't do enough damage to even make a dent in your opponent's strategy.

Last edited:
Yea this might be fun, but Metal is your main opponet. Even though there probably all gone thanks to Blaz EX. But its just a fun deck so what the heck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back