Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

About to catch Cobalion and I really need some help

I tried to catch it with some ultra balls after I got it into the red, but it didn't want to stay for long in the ultra ball because it was being so stubborn. It is tough to have it stay in the ultra ball until its capture, and I was just about to use my master ball on it to see if it was worth it. I think I should try using ultra balls on cobalion until it will get caught. I want some opinion on what the best course of action is in order for me to capture it.

Get some Dusk Balls from Driftveil City Pokemon Centre. They work a lot better than Ultra Balls in caves.

Save the Master Ball for roaming legendaries.

Ok, I will buy a lot of dusk balls. Ultra balls didnt seem that effective to use on Cobalion, though

Edit; caught it!

Last edited:
What I did to catch all 3 of them was paralyze them, then chip away at their hp as much as possible, then I used False Swipe to make sure it was as low as possible without knocking them out. Then it took about a dozen Ultra Balls (each) until they were caught.

False Swipe + a status condition (PAR or SLP) are a very basic but effective combo. Also, using Dusk Balls (as mentioned by baby mario) would also help, since you will be in caves trying to catch the trio (although I'm not sure Virizion's location counts as a cave...)

I cought the first one in an ultra ball( it took about an hour to do), the second one in an ultra ball( only took three ultra ball throws to do), the the last one I threw one quick to get it. Awsome. Lol

Thanks a lot guys. I caught all 3 of them and it seems that Terrakion was the hardest to catch, to me at least, and the strongest of the 3. It took me awhile to get it because he kept on knocking out my team, up to 3/4th of my team were knocked out from the legendary pokemon.

If you have friends and have been using the Entralink, you could use the Pokemon Catach ^^^ Power to make it easier to catch pokemon for 3 minutes (which should give you one try with a quick ball and if you have a fast enough sleeper/false swiper, a few dusk balls as well)

Back