Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ABSOL IS BAD!Denvile cities report.

B_B_C

Denvile NJ

I slept over my friends house(dark ninja) stayed up to about 2:30 venting about gallade. and how we both hate it. The only reason I play it is becuase it is insanly good......... Wake up at 8:00 he decided to play infernape. About 10:30 we get to Dark Tower games. Glad to see some friends there like (there pokegym names) Garchompx12, Benlugia(and his friends),darktwins and deck_master. The tornament started at 11:30.

Deck: Gardy/gallade/absol

Round 1 vs Alex Tessmer with banette
I had a absol start and he started with a minum. I went first and could'nt get a ralts til turn 3 and played it and rare candy it to a gallade and attach a DRE to it. But On that turn he finally got a mentor and used it to get 3 shupet(sp?). He played Lake boundary and attacked me til I had no bench pokemon. GG
(0-1)

Round 2 vs ??? str8 Empleon
I get a lone ralts start but I'm able to get it to a full power gallade and turn 2 his Prinplup. GG..........
(1-1)

Round 3 vs ???? (one of benlugia's friends) with Empleon/Manetrick
I start with a 2 ralts and he starts with a piplup and a ectrike. He turn 2s 1 of my ralts and I'm forced to send out the other. I play rosanne's only to find out that a TSD and 2 ralts are prized! I mange to get a gallade an start to bounce back. i lost 2 wager and drew NOTHING. But still hang in there to win barely.
GG
(2-1)

LUNCH BRAKE

Round 4 vs Acril with Flygon EX d/mag d.
I start with absol and a ralts. He starts with castform and 3 delta pokemon. He sets up when I discard nothing. I use celio and a candy to get a game saving gallade one problem...... All my gallades were prized! I get killed by flygon ex d and mag d. I lose GG.

Furret is lookin really good right about now.

Round 5 vs ???? with Gardy/gallade/absol.
I get the turn 2 gallade for game.

I finsh going 3-2

ok I don't like absol at all. I lost the game when I started with it. And it did nothing. Who ever has this thing working. God bless you.

Props-
darkninja taking me
seeing my friends
pats going 16-0
Frankie durso
Slops-
absol
TGW
No candy store
Bad pizza
not being able to get rid of my cursed Victory medal

Happy hoildays
-Conover

Last edited:
dark ninja-DIAZ BEAT HIM??!!?(diaz is too good at pokemon)

ardoptres- good point BTW i wrote an e-mail to PUI explaining the reign of that stupid card

I think you just demonstrated why people dislike Absol... luck is what you live by when playing it and against it. You were unlucky to not get it but one game but in this one game your opponent was lucky and had a very good start to counter it and all your gallades being prized simply sucks...

You were simply unlucky, had you got Absol instead in all of those games but one, the story of your day could have been very different. One tournament result doesn't mean anything... :)

You have to remember, every card is counterable if you just think hard enough. I myself have no really problems at all with absol.

Back