Absol Question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by QWERT392001, Feb 4, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Hello everyone!

My friend I and are huge Pokemon players, and we have a question we can not resolve between the two of us....so any help would be appreciated.

I currently use Omanytes Pokemon Power Clarovyance (sp) which says your opponent must play with their hand face up. When I use Absols Bad News attack...does my opponent get to hide their cards from me when I go to discard cards from thier hand? Bad news States...if your opponent has 6 or more cards without looking discard cards from their hand until they have only 5 left. I hope you can see our confusion.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Your opponent would hide his cards and shuffle them, then you would choose. He would return the hand to being face-up afterwards. I believe there are rulings in the Compendium to back up this conclusion.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

yeah, check Pokemon Powers for Clarvoince, or trainers for Rockets Trap... it was ruled this way way back in Gym series... Dkates is correct.

Once Absols attack is done, you can veiw cards again...

4. QWERT392001

QWERT392001 New Member

Thank you for the responses, even if fit was not the answers I was looking for :)

5. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Well damn, I was hoping that that would work. Thanks for telling me before I make a grave mistake.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

dont feel bad, I used to think the same thing.... man I miss that Omastar deck.... 480 damage to Neo 2 Smeargle... it was a blast....

7. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

the ruling goes back to the term random.........

regardless of powers or other effects, the random part is still in effect.........

sucks huh?>

8. Ultramew

Ultramew New Member

Hm, I can't help but feel something. How come "Here Comes Team Rocket" and something like that Rocket Rattata, you didn't need to randomise it. Or maybe my rulings are outdated...Can someone confirm?

9. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Rattata's Trickery
    Does not say "random". So if Here Comes Team Rocket was played, all your prizes are face up. Trickery allows you to select one of those and switch it with the top card of your deck.

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

i tried that combo once, it was so fun, but then i realized that i didn't care...... oh well, such is life

11. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

IMO, that is one of the more fun combos to play. Try playing that with the "Peek" Mankey and some Slowking. You shut down their ability to KO you, and you get to know what is coming up next for either deck, and then switch up the cards that you'll get next (say, prizes of energies...?)