Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Advanced Electromagnetics (Raichu + Electivire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipher_Admin

Pokemon:

1 Ray d ex DF
4 Holon's Castform HP
2 Pichu MT
3 Pikachu MT
3 Elekid DP
3 Electabuzz d DF
1 Magnemite PK
1 Electivire X MT
3 Electivire SW
1 Magneton PK
3 Raichu MT

Trainers:

2 Castaway
3 Holon Mentor
1 Night Maintenance
2 TVR
2 PlusPower
2 Roseanne's Research
3 Celio's Network
1 Warp Point
1 Windstorm
1 Speed Stadium
1 TGW

Energy:

8 :lightning Energy
2 Scramble Energy
3 d Rainbow Energy
2 DRE
1 Cyclone Energy

Strategy:

Turn 1:
1. Start out with Pichu.
2. Give a :lightning Energy to Pichu
3. Baby Evolution the Active Pichu to Pikachu.
4. End Turn.

Turn 2:
1. Give a :lightning Energy to Pikachu.
2. Use Speed Stadium to draw more cards.
3. Use Holon Mentor and find another Pichu and a Pikachu also, an Elekid.
4. Baby Evolution Pichu to Pikachu again.
5. Electro Recycle with Pikachu and select the Discarded :lightning Energy.
6. Attack with BikaBika.

Turn 3:
1. Use Speed Stadium
2. Use Bebe's to find Ray d ex.
3. Baby Evolution Elekid to Electabuzz.
4. Evolve Pikachu to Raichu.
5. Use Electromagnetic Induction to find 2 :lightning Energy and attach them to Ray d ex.

Last edited:
Dear Chris,

I am running a similar deck (see "The continued Quest for the Best Electivire Deck"-currently on page 8) and I found the forum members comments very helpful. Since my post I found one major change helped the deck significantly and that was adding a second Rayquaza Ex. I tried a Castform version and despite the fact that having the searchable energies was great, it slowed the deck down and in addition if you got castform as your starter, you are dead in the water where I play where everyone seems to run a fighting deck. BTW, I would also think of modifying my energies--you need at least 10 lightening energies (I run 13 with 3 night maintenance and still have a hard time during a long game keeping enough in my deck). Its a really fun deck to play(especially when you KO a great player's Empoleon with 400 points (4 heads on Electivire with Lake Boundary in place)) although I doubt I'll win Cities with it.

Good luck!

jconti2818

y do u need the elekid? it will just slow the deck down.

pichu MT?? u want the energies in ur discard pile so electivire can grab it..

u dont want the pichu in ur deck. plus u have megnatons

if u wish to put pichu in try holon phantom's pichu

it has call for help gets any electric type so it will help u set up.

i would run this list as far as pokemon wise.

2 pichu HP - 3pikachu MT - 3 raichu mt

4 electibuzz SW - 3 vire SW - 1 lvl x MT

ray ex d (if u want a second one take out 1 buzz)

He's using the DP Vire that moves energy & discards it to do 120.

If he has Pikachu evolved from Pichu on the bench he can get that energy back from the Discard with Pikachu's power and then use Vire's power to move it back up to the active.

This is actually a fairly nice setup. However the fighting weakness feels problematic to me with Lucario and Gallade sure to be popular in Cities. You are already running DRE ... are there any tech Pokemon you can run with this? Say Mismagius (great attack) or Xatu (nice power that will help Vire, OK attack, and Fighting Resistance).

Edit - as pointed out by Rai I was completely WRONG! lol! Teach me to post before looking everything up again!

Last edited:
He's using the DP Vire that moves energy & discards it to do 120.
His deck list disagrees. It's all SW Electivire. I feel like turning one SW Electivire into either another LV.X (for more Shocking Tail abuse, mostly), or into the Electivire DP (for guarenteed damage when needed) is a rather solid idea. You'd need another Cyclone Energy for sure, but that's doable.

If he has Pikachu evolved from Pichu on the bench he can get that energy back from the Discard with Pikachu's power and then use Vire's power to move it back up to the active.
Pikachu plants it into the hand. Nice for Delcatty/Bronzong. Not really for Electivire DP. I do still agree with having one or two Pichu though. Electro Recycle is VERY handy in such decks where you want to make sure you can get all the energy possible.
This is actually a fairly nice setup. However the fighting weakness feels problematic to me with Lucario and Gallade sure to be popular in Cities. You are already running DRE ... are there any tech Pokemon you can run with this? Say Mismagius (great attack) or Xatu (nice power that will help Vire, OK attack, and Fighting Resistance).

How problematic are the following...
Lucario: Eh. It's spreading damage. It can't OHKO any of your stage 1s, even with Lake Boundary. Obviously Riolu donks are where the problems are. 3 Mentor and 2 Roseanne's ought to be stable enough to prevent these donks, while having sufficient baby evolution tricks.
Wait a minute... No Roseanne's? Why? Basics are the most important part of an Electivire/Raichu deck. You need to use both. No joke.
As for Cessation Crystal shutting things off... That's why you run Cyclone Energy. Attach to say, an Electivire SW, level up, use Motor Drive, Pulse Barrier. Not difficult to do. But you NEED Cyclone Energy in this deck. Very badly...

Gallade: Well... It MIGHT use Cessation Crystal, but if it's paired with Garde, it won't do that. Not too concerned about Cessation... The problems come with how it easilly knocks everything out...
You can't level up in this matchup. Vire LV.X is too vulnerable to Gallade, yes. This is where Electivire DP becomes a very handy tech. Having a random colorless energy (IE: Used Cyclone, winning on prizes Scramble, etc.) and more then 3 lighting energy on the table help this alot. Just move energy to Vire, and do his Giga Impact. You'll need to do 10 extra damage for the OHKO... Why not change Pluspowers into Strength Charms? You run no tools, might as well give yourself something quite useful to search for?

More thoughts... I personally don't like the idea of Magneton in this deck. Does Magneton speed up the deck? Nope. Does Magneton do anything that you aren't already doing with something else? Nope (Pikachu's plenty effective).
I also don't like the 4 Holon's Castforms. 2 might work fine. You do NOT want to start with that little thing. You're not running delta Pichus, so Delta draw won't give you anything beyond Electabuzzes... Not worth it with decks like this.
You also need one more Night Maintenance.

His deck list disagrees. It's all SW Electivire. I feel like turning one SW Electivire into either another LV.X (for more Shocking Tail abuse, mostly), or into the Electivire DP (for guarenteed damage when needed) is a rather solid idea. You'd need another Cyclone Energy for sure, but that's doable.

Pikachu plants it into the hand. Nice for Delcatty/Bronzong. Not really for Electivire DP. I do still agree with having one or two Pichu though. Electro Recycle is VERY handy in such decks where you want to make sure you can get all the energy possible.

How problematic are the following...
Lucario: Eh. It's spreading damage. It can't OHKO any of your stage 1s, even with Lake Boundary. Obviously Riolu donks are where the problems are. 3 Mentor and 2 Roseanne's ought to be stable enough to prevent these donks, while having sufficient baby evolution tricks.
Wait a minute... No Roseanne's? Why? Basics are the most important part of an Electivire/Raichu deck. You need to use both. No joke.
As for Cessation Crystal shutting things off... That's why you run Cyclone Energy. Attach to say, an Electivire SW, level up, use Motor Drive, Pulse Barrier. Not difficult to do. But you NEED Cyclone Energy in this deck. Very badly...

Gallade: Well... It MIGHT use Cessation Crystal, but if it's paired with Garde, it won't do that. Not too concerned about Cessation... The problems come with how it easilly knocks everything out...
You can't level up in this matchup. Vire LV.X is too vulnerable to Gallade, yes. This is where Electivire DP becomes a very handy tech. Having a random colorless energy (IE: Used Cyclone, winning on prizes Scramble, etc.) and more then 3 lighting energy on the table help this alot. Just move energy to Vire, and do his Giga Impact. You'll need to do 10 extra damage for the OHKO... Why not change Pluspowers into Strength Charms? You run no tools, might as well give yourself something quite useful to search for?

More thoughts... I personally don't like the idea of Magneton in this deck. Does Magneton speed up the deck? Nope. Does Magneton do anything that you aren't already doing with something else? Nope (Pikachu's plenty effective).
I also don't like the 4 Holon's Castforms. 2 might work fine. You do NOT want to start with that little thing. You're not running delta Pichus, so Delta draw won't give you anything beyond Electabuzzes... Not worth it with decks like this.
You also need one more Night Maintenance.

If I used the SW Electivire, What should my decklist look like? Is it possible to run Chingling in this deck too? I need help before Sunday.

Last edited:
Dear Chris,

I am running a similar deck (see "The continued Quest for the Best Electivire Deck"-currently on page 8) and I found the forum members comments very helpful. Since my post I found one major change helped the deck significantly and that was adding a second Rayquaza Ex. I tried a Castform version and despite the fact that having the searchable energies was great, it slowed the deck down and in addition if you got castform as your starter, you are dead in the water where I play where everyone seems to run a fighting deck. BTW, I would also think of modifying my energies--you need at least 10 lightening energies (I run 13 with 3 night maintenance and still have a hard time during a long game keeping enough in my deck). Its a really fun deck to play(especially when you KO a great player's Empoleon with 400 points (4 heads on Electivire with Lake Boundary in place)) although I doubt I'll win Cities with it.

Good luck!

jconti2818

My deck is also similar to the quest vire you mention. I am thinking of using a tech of Meganium d (1-1-1) to counter the fighters. I have no clue if it will work. probably not.

Yes this a fun deck to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back