Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AIM Tournament: Saturday, 10/11

Before starting off with details, I want to issue this request...please don't give me trouble about not using Apprentice. If it bothers you that we're not using Apprentice, then don't participate then.

With that said, this tournament will be held at 7:30 EST. We're playing Unlimited Swiss, with only Slowking, Birthday Pikachu, and Ancient Mew banned. Sneasel can stay, by the decision of participants that should show up and myself. You can enter up until the day of the tournament. Sixty card decks and 6 prize games. We also would like to play WOTC rules, but Nintendo is fine as well...just decide with your opponent. If you can't decide, we default to WOTC.

Any questions, comments, or entry info can be posted here or AIMed to me at CaptainObviousx1.

We play in seperate chat rooms. The chat rooms are to use the //roll feature, which rolls dice. This can be used in place of a coin.

Swiss is a format where you play people with standings equal to yours for at least 3 rounds, then you cut to the top half of people for a seeded playoff-esque set-up to determine who wins.

Also, AIM is a communicator program used to chat with people, but you probably know that. ^_^

Actually I didn't but thanx for the info. So hte tournament is held online but does AIM allow you to see your opponent's cards?

No, you don't see your opponent's cards. You have to go by conversation. It's not a TCG program...you just play out a game over it. It would be like playing over the phone, to give an example.

oh I see, so you just trust your opponent on what he say's he has, right. And the communicator, it allowes you to speak to eachother without typing? Do you have to have the communicator to play?

No, the communication is typing. Yea, you need AIM to play. It's just a program to type to people over the net and to converse with them...no computer equipment needed. Granted, the fault is the trust problem...but hey, I guess that's what comes with the internet.

Anyway, if you want to download AIM, just go to AIM.com. It shouldn't take too long, and most people have it, so you should have some friends that you would be able to talk to as well. ^_^

oh, you mean instant messaging ok, I gotcha. I'm gonna enter to, under WOTC rules, if that's ok with everyone else. So we will all meet in a chat room right?
Im down.

Yea, we meet in one chat room, and break off into seperate chat rooms for the matches. Good to see that you should be coming Am...I want to see Dark Wiggly(or if you have something else now) in action. ^_^

Ok, then. I might use my Dark Wiggly deck. But if I do use that deck, it wont be easy for opponent's. Tough battles are alway's the best. Maybe I will end up playing you.
Oh ya, just 1 problem, I dont know anything about the new cards that came out. I've been playing old school.

Hey, if new cards give you any problems, just ask your opponent what the card does if they have something new. That's all. I play very few new cards as well.

Anyway, Dark Wiggly would be fun to play against, mainly because I considered making it at one point a while ago. Use whatever deck you want though. ^_^

Yea, I think that it should go over well this time. The last one was decent, but it was rushed. With a week in advance, this one should be much better.

Back