Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

All hail the Z *big update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regis_Neo

PorygonZ is honestly much as its appearance suggests: Insane. With this deck, you'll be able to quickly maximize setup speed by continually abusing 2+ Supporters each turn while also abusing the Weakness of your opponent's Pokemon to score easy OHKOs.

Pokemon: 16

4 Stantler
4 Porygon
4 Porygon2
4 PorygonZ

Trainers: 28

4 Celio's Network
4 Scott
2 Felicity's Drawing
2 Bebe's Search
2 Castaway
2 Night Maintenence
2 Copycat
2 Lake Boundary
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Steven's Advice
2 Warp Point
1 Mr. Stone's Project
1 Strength Charm

Energy: 16

5 Fire
3 Psychic
3 Water
3 Holon Energy FF
2 Double Rainbow

Strategy:

Basically, this deck seeks to setup quickly with Porygon2, then evolve into PorygonZ and abuse Conversion to (hopefully) OHKO your opponent's Pokemon via their Weakness. Stantler, I realized, is the best starter for this deck; he searches out Supporters for free, providing an easy source to get Supporters from to use with Porygon2. Even Porygon is useful, letting you rearrange the top 3 cards of your deck. Using Porygon2 here is actually a bit scary, in terms of how fast you'll go through your deck; playing 2+ Supporters each turn almost guarantees that on any given turn, you will be able to search out whatever you need, power up whatever you need, etc. Once you're all setup, turn your active Porygon2 into PorygonZ, use Conversion if necessary, and then attack (weighted dice and coins not recommended, as that would be cheating :lol:).

The only real downfall so far is the lack of consistent damage; Porygon Z can be a great attacker with Lake Boundary and Conversion support. However, obviously the problem is flipping for Heads, which depending on your luck can make or break you. I've been experimenting with a secondary attacking line, so hopefully I'll be able to get out an alternate version soon. This isn't to say PorygonZ isn't bad; a potential 120 damage attack per turn (more with Conversion and Lake Boundary) for only 2 Colorless Energy is increadibly cool. But again, it's the lack of consistent 120, or even 40 damage per turn. This deck is meant for those who aren't afraid to win big or lose big.

Overall, the deck is Supporter-heavy so you can use Porygon2's Poke-Power to maximum effect, as it is really nifty to be able to use 2+ Supporters essentially each turn. It is scary almost at how fast you'll be able to go through your deck; in fact, you might even want to be slightly conservative when using your Porygon2 as it is very possible to deck yourself by accident. More in-depth, Night Maintenance is prefered over TSD since you can recycle Energy in the discard back into the deck. 2 Bebe's Search might seem redundant when you're using max Celio's, but I find that they help in keeping cards in your deck and general searching, as 4 Celio's will not get you through the whole game.

Lake Boundary helps in being able to deal the extra damage. With Lake Boundary in play, you can OHKO any threat with 2 Heads for Tri Attack (80 damage from 2 Heads + 2x Weakness from Lake Boundary = 160 total, which is what you're aiming for usually), with a minimum of 80 damage with 1 Heads, and 240 maximum damage with 3 Heads. Heck, as it is, only Wailord would require a flip of 3 Heads to OHKO, factoring in Lake Boundary and Conversion.

As for the Energy tech choices, they really are dependent on the metagame and what decks are popular, though this set reflects the most popular right now. Psychic lets you take on G&G and Lucario (despite being weak to them), Water punishes Magmotar and Infernape, Fighting lets you smack Blissey and Electivire about, and Lightning lets you hit Empoleon and a few other Waters. Fire and Grass are kept to a limited number, as many popular decks are not weak to either of these types (though they're sill included for protection against any random decks).

Concerning potential problems, Absol of course is always a pain; hopefully, you'll be able to get Porygon2 running before he destroys the essential Trainers in your hand. Fighting Weakness also hurts, as the entire deck is weak to Gallade and Lucario. But it's just the nature of the deck I suppose; it's tempting to up the Fire Energy and use Holon FF to rid yourself of the Weakness, but I think it would limit overall the different Pokemon you can hit. Still worth testing though (as I will be), especially if a particular area's metagame revolves around 2 primary Weaknesses.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks :thumb:

Last edited:
Rare but you need a Mr. Stones to get energy from discard and what if they use gellade and ohko porygonZ?

tech in mawile GE it stops gallade dead in its tracks, it flips either yours or your opponents prizes over and if its a supporter you can use the effect of it

Why only 1 Scott? Being able to discard any supporter you want with Porygon 2 is insane. Scott makes sure you get what you want and you can use them for multiple turns.

As has been said already, max Scott out and fit in either a 1 +1 or 2+2 Volbeat + Illumise to send this into overdrive. At least 1 Mr Stone's Project should be in here to get the important energy back out of the discard.

Hmm, I do like the suggestions so far.

Regarding Volbeat + Illumise, I do like the concept, but I just think it would suck if you had to start with Volbeat (Illumise can at least search out Celebi). 1-1 I think would be idea, but then there's the odds of them being prized, which is never good imo. So yeah, I'll work on it unless someone has some suggestions on it.

I'd forgot Mr. Stone also searches the discard for Energy, adding it now. And I guess I'll max Scott, I'm just used to using Castaway over it, lol.

Mawile GE might be able to limit Gallade's attack, but at the same time you're also giving your opponent an advantage since they know what their prizes are now (including potentially a necessary card that is prized). And ideally you'll want Celebi to be the starter to power up Porygons instead of messing with their prizes, and Mawile is just KO bait later on.

DRE, I've also been considering, but ideally Celebi should be powering them up quickly enough. I'll still add some though since DRE is useful.

Gosh, I hate multi-flipping all tails. Happens to me too often when I need a different result (from Kangaskan, to Giovanni's Machamp, to Neo Crobat).

I once saw a young player from UK at worlds load his Egg with 11 energy ... all he needed was one head to advance.

NOPE

In those ARGH cases you might need the DRE/Scramble/Boost to try again next turn, esp. late game, so maybe just 1 or 2.

3 Flip attacks are great most people can say that any are bad but i like them a 5/6 chance that you get a heads

Well I use to have a deck based on flips (walraine), and I did fairly well but you need to get some Scotts in there they would help out a lot with Porygon2.

Lol, what we really need is Poke-Power/Body or some Trainer effect that will allow you to reflip coins (even if it's just one).

Gallade is the problem here obviously since it OHKOs you and you can't OHKO it back unless you get the 2 Heads, but overall I think it's just something we'd have to deal with. Running another line of Pokemon I feel would slow the deck down (unless it's a tech or something), and I still don't see Mawile as a viable answer.

Big update for the deck, figured I'd edit post #1 in here rather than make a new topic. Let the revival begin!

I tried it more with delcatty and magneton to drop energy and be able to do conversion with whatever type of energy you want using magnetic field. 3-3-3 on porygon z is better. I used for pachirisu in case i saw cess crystal and only played 2 windstorm. The flips kept backfiring on me. I would get the set-up and get screwed by the flips. I needed one more heads to knock something out and i just couldnt get it.

Dude Energie run
5 fire
5 water(for magmortar)
5 psychic (gallade)
3 holon FF

take out 2 scotts for 2 buffer pieces dude ease off it JK

also try it with a 2-2-2 line of blissey and yes that includes happiny its like a back-up copycat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back