AMU. Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie. *Article Included*

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by pikachu*, Jun 13, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Hi, I am here to tell you a deck. I call it AMU, it is basically a new deck that is going to hit the tournament scene come September the 1st. It has been causing havoc on the Japanese metagame, and will soon be on us.

Deck: AMU w/ Rotom (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie).
    Author: Sam H.
    Date: 13th Of June 2008.
    Format: DP-On.

Decklist.

Pokemon (14)

2 Azelf LA
    2 Azelf LvX
    1 Mesprit LA
    1 Mesprit MT
    2 Mesprit LvX
    3 Uxie DP5
    1 Uxie LvX
    2 Rotom MD

Trainers (30)

4 Energy Switch
    4 Warp Point
    4 Premier Ball
    4 Roseannes
    2 Night Maintenance
    3 Snow Point Temple
    4 Felicitys
    3 Bebe's
    2 Cythia's Plan

Energy (16)

15 Psychic
    1 Multi

Pokemon.

Azelf LvX.

It has 90 hp, with snowpoint temple it has 110, 1 retreat cost with mesprit MT and uxie in play it has free retreat, it's body makes no weakness and it's attack is really good. Placing 1 damage counter onto 1 of you opponents pokemon for each energy they have in play is really good.

Azelf LA.

It has 70 Hp, a awesome power that lets you look through your prizes and grab out a pokemon. It's attack makes your opponent not be able to retreat next turn.

Mesprit LvX.

OMG, it can do 200 damage for 2 energy it has to be good, and it really is. 90 HP is reasonable considering that it is only a basic and it can get another 20 with snow point temple. It has an attack that heals all of your bench pokemon by 3 damage counters which is excellent.

Mesprit MT.

What can I say? 60 HP, an awesome body that lets all of your Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie in play have free retreat if you have them all out. It has a reasonable attack that lets you basically switch out mesprit and do 30 damage, all of 2 energy.

Mesprit LA.

It has 70 HP, a mad power and an excellent attack. For starters it can do 70 damage for 2 energy, if your opponent has the same amount of cards in there hand as you. It's power lets you block your opponents powers for a whole turn, which can win you games.

Uxie LvX.

90 hp, setting up abilities and a reasonable attack, it comes in the form of Uxie LvX. It's attack lets you do 60 damage for 2, with a small drawback of not being able to use that attack next turn. It's power lets you look at the top 2 cards of your deck and choose one of them, then put the other one on the bottom which is excellent.

Uxie LA.

It is godly early game, it can refresh your hand and do 20 damage, as well as being able to put in back into your deck, letting you be able so save a prize and/or a bench space. It's power lets you draw up to seven cards when you play it down to your bench which is sweet. It has 70 HP.

Rotom MD.

60 Hp, with a pretty good attack, I'll take it. For no energy it lets you search through your discard pile and attach up to 2 energy to one of your pokemon, which lets you refresh from Mesprits God Blast easily and it makes energy switch awesome.

Trainers.

Energy Switch.

I'm sure your thinking, OMG he's a noob, he uses energy switch like thats stupid. But energy switch is actually good, running 4 is so then I can use God Blast consistently in concession.

Warp Point.

Probably again, I am thinking that you are going to call me pretty dumb for using 4 warp points, but they are simply to set up your LvX's quickly. Free retreat + warp point means that you can Level up all of your pokemon in 1 turn.

Premier Ball.

4 Premier balls are for consistency, they let you grab out a LvX from your deck or your discard pile, which is helpful for setting up your AMUs.

Roseannes.

To get your basics out, meaning all of your pokemon. Also to get out energy.

Night Maintenance.

To get back your pokemon, and sometimes to get back a energy or 2.

Snow Point Temple.

It counters other peoples stadiums and also increases your pokemon HP (since every pokemon in the deck is basic) by 20.

Felicitys.

It lets you discard energy, that can be reattached to your pokemon by rotom, and it lets you draw up to 4 cards, which is a staple for the deck.

Bebes.

To help get out your pokemon and LvXs.

Cynthas Plan

It lets you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 4 cards, with a bonus of if one of your pokemon was knocked out last turn it lets you draw an extra 4 cards!

Energy.

:psychic: Energy.

It makes your pokemon attack, duh.

Multi Energy.

It means that rotom can actually attack.

Strategy

Start with rotom and attach extra energy, get Uxie to draw up some cards for your hand, Azelf to remove weakness and possibly snipe your opponents pokemon. Mesprit is just in there for the OHKO's free retreat and a turn of your opponents, not being able to use powers.

Techs/Leafeon engine. ~ Credit to Michael/DarthPika.

Mewtwo: It can be teched in, but it doen't really help... that much.
    Lunatone: It helps you discard energys/useless cards so then your uxies power is more effective.

Leafeon engine can be used, if you find using energy switches being useless or you are worrying about Mewtwo you can.

-2 rotom
    -4 energy switch
    -1 Snow Point Temple
    -1 Cynthia's Hope
    -3 Psychic
    -1 Warp Point

+3 Multi
    +3 eevee
    +2 Leafeon
    +1 Leafeon X
    +2 Espeon.
    +1 Bebe's

Note. This engine is untested so please test it out before being used.

Match Ups

Note: This is only on theory.

Kingdra: 50/50. Both decks have the same speed since LvX's are hardish to get out. Kingdra can't OHKO amu lvxs but AMU can only OHKO or THKO with Mesprit/X.

Luxray: 50/50. Your slightly faster, but they can easily OHKO you with plasma (if you don't have snow point temple out) or with Shock Bolt. You can OHKO them back as well.

Mirror: 50/50. You OHKO them, they OHKO you back, either way, it comes down to the set up, and the smarter player.

Translations

Thank you, I hope this has helped you find out more about the next BDIF =D.

Peace out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

good, good Sam.... i think you need 2 Leafeon Lv.X for the "mewtwo killer engine".

Kingdra, well its more of 60-40, depending on the T1 kingdra spam, since all of your pokemon have 60hp and they would get 20 on bench damage plus they run bucks and pp to get more damage to active. :)

3. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

^^ Most have 70HP actually =D.

4. Jason

Jason New Member

ah yes, lol. still they get sniped out easily with buck and pp additions :)

5. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Yes, but that for mean that you need to get a Candy+Horsea+energy+Kingdra+bucks in the opening hand lol. Thats not the most common thing in the world to get. But yeah only time will tell on how AMU is going to show in the English metagame.

6. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

The Leafeon "Mewtwo Killer Engine" is interesting...i think i would just go for a much more subtle tech, maybe Froslass or Toxicroak. Something Stage 1 Simple like that

7. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

Of course all the matchups are 50/50 lolz
    and you have to put *Article Included* to get more posts :D

anyway, looks decent!!

8. Rayquaza14

Rayquaza14 New Member

why do y'all run only 1 uxie LV X?
    don't you need all LV X forms in play for the God Blast?
    so 2 of each would be more consistant wouldn't it?

9. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

Where is Energy Patch?

And also Luxray is as fast and able to do 100 T2 by Shinx's Charge..
    Even Luxio can do 70 to OHKO your normal pixies.

10. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

I'd probably run a mix of Pachi and Stanler with it. Pachi can grab the trio and Stanler, and you can use Stanler to grab Premier balls.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

And run 1 more Uxie Lv.X, since God Blast needs it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  11. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

And how Stantler get Premiers?

12. Rain_Dancer

Rain_Dancer New Member

banette will dominate those little sea monkies

13. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Opps, thinking of Mawile. But that won't be around next format... :frown:

14. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

PP: I was thinking that, but then I thought that leafeon/espeon help in more ways than Froslass or Toxicroak. Leafeon can also build up your AMUs so I decided that would be better.

Madhatter: Yeah, It is only theory lol, but thanks for the help =D.

Ray: Azelf lets you look through your prizes, The basic Uxie is very important for set up, and you can only use Uxie X's power once, so I found that only 1 Uxie X is needed.

Steveo: Energy patch is too flippy =D, and I am very bad with coins/die, I really don't get why though.

MLX: Pachi doesn't help this deck at all, cause if you use pachi's cff, you can't use any of AMU's powers. But stanter.... hmmm interesting, I shall give it a try =D. Thanks.

RainDancer: Banette isn't going to be very good next season, so it doesn't really matter =D.

Thanks for the posts people, keep them coming =D.

15. Jason

Jason New Member

Sam, if you can actually do flippy decks like Skittles, you can actually do the Energy patch mate :)

16. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Skittles isn't that flippy... If you don't get a heads on a Ho-Oh it hurts, but it doesn't hurt that much.

17. KaMewie

KaMewie New Member

IMO, I'd drop the Rotom's and Felicity's. It makes the deck much more consistent without having to discard and run another Pokemon just to add energies onto. IMO, having to use God Blast every turn isn't going to be needed.

-4 Felicitys
    +4 Oak's Visit
    -2 Rotom
    +1 Snow Point Temple
    +1 Bebe's

Maybe, just maybe Claydol.

:p

18. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Sam... your forgot to give me creddit for the Leafeon engine. :rolleyes:

Other than that nice article. :biggrin:

19. Rocky500

Rocky500 New Member

A single Mewtwo X pretty much ends you. You seriously do not know how amazing Claydol is in here with the ball engine. Froslass or Tentacruel solve the Mewtwo issue as well and they both set up for Uxie(maybe Azelf, i forget) attack which does damage for each energy to any pokemon. Rotom is ok, but it's not needed at all. The other pixies as well as the Stage 1's should be used the most while God Blast can be conserved to sweep away any attempt the opponent has in set up.

Also, PokeRadar is a staple, as well as Cynthia's/Buck's.

20. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

KaMewie: I will give it a try, thanks =D.
    Pika: Haha, sorry i forgot. I added you to it.
    Rocky: Thats why I said Leafeon can be ran aswell, if you are worrying about Mewtwo, just run Leafeon, it covers your problem. But thanks for the help and I shall see what happens, thanks =D.

Thanks for the help, keep the comments coming =D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.