Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

An uncommon deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky00ber the III

Background information: This was a deck I made having a load of uncommons from MT packs and not knowing what to do with them. Originally Octillery+Dodrio, when SW comes out in Singapore it will be in its new form below.

Pokemon:16
4 Remoraid
4 Octillery
3 Shellder
3 Cloyster
1 Magikarp
1 Gyarados

Energy:14
12 Water
2 Scramble

Trainers:13
1 Night Maintenance
3 Quick Ball
1 Masterball
1 PlusPower
4 Cessation Crystal
1 Battle Frontier
2 Warp point

Supporters:17
2 Bebe's
1 Celio's
3 Copycat
1 Wager
3 Roseanne's
1 Steven's
3 TVR
1 Cosmo's
2 Castaway

Strategy: If it is not obvious enough, get up a Octillery or a Cloyster T2, and start sniping stuff. Octillery also gets rid of nasty special energy that make stage2 decks faster. Gyarados is a suprise late game sweep, theoretically, as I've only playtested a 1-1 Raichu d line, which saved me quite a few times with its ability to do 80, a godsend in this low damage potential deck.

The trainer line looks weird, that's because I made this deck out of my spare cards. However, I may make this my main so any suggestions will be welcome.

Unfortunately, I have only tested Octillery/Dodrio and Raichu d as tech. It worked surprisingly well for a deck supposedly built on spares. Of course, all I ever face are rogues(aka no blissey) over here, so it won't necessarily work well in the big metagames.

The good thing is the speed, like all T2 decks. The problem is the low damage output and low hp. I do 60 max, so it takes a while, which is why I added Gyarados.

I was also considering Omastar, however, the fossil makes it problematic and requires rare candy, which I have no space for.

Also considered: Going back to raichu which has free retreat but 60less hp than gyarados. Also using sharpedo which has increased damage after all the bench damage

Stick with the Cloyster. It's faster, and uses Energy better. Though flippy, so is Dodrio's first attack. Both are also weak to Lightning, so no change there, except Dodrio's resistance.

Omastar is always nice in theory, but I've not been able to make it work in this fast environment.

Raichu's line is too weak to Fighting.

Sharpedo is awesome. Test it.

Needs more Pluspowers. The way Cloyster's worded, a Pluspower and 4 heads on Cloyster's attack can make it do 120 damage to the active :)o)

Great Ball would be great in most decks like this... Cosmos is bad though. I don't see much cause for Bebe's over Celios.

1 Masterball feels clunky in here. Up the number, me thinks, or drop it all together.

You can turn 1 Copycat into a Wager. Wager's cooler then Copycat in decks that don't need eloquent set ups, as it nails the opponent's hand, and prevents you from decking out (Copycat has no "up to" phrase, thus you can still deck out with that bugger)

Castaway count can be increased to 3, 4 only if you need to.

The TVR might want to be changed into Professor Oak's Visit. Not sure. Just play whichever of the two you like more (you don't gain any advantage from discarding stuff, hence why I said the Oak's Visit)

Of your tech options there, Raichu d sounds like the option to go with. Neither Sharpedo nor Raichu are capable of taking blows from Kricketune and many from Blissey. Sharpedo's body tends to get Cessation Crystaled or Battle Frontiered (you play... BOTH in here. Oh. Dear.) Raichu has the option to snipe the bench as well. Raichu's actually dealing more damage (90 over 80). Neither have that exciting of a basic. Thus... Raichu seems to be the play in this deck. (could be wrong... Let us know how testing goes :X)

Bebe's coz my Lucario deck is hoarding the Celios.

I don't care for Blissey, because here, apparently Blissey is some rare card. I opened a box and got none, and neither did one of the league goers obtain any. The only ones I see in my country end up on Ebay. >_<

Will be trying out both raichu d and sharpedo at my league this week.

Kricketune might be a problem though. I will see how it goes.

Pokemon:16
4 Remoraid
4 Octillery
3 Shellder
3 Cloyster
1 Pikachu MT
1 Raichu d

Energy:14
12 Water
2 Scramble

Trainers:15
1 Night Maintenance