Anti G&G tech

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by vorg7, Mar 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. vorg7

vorg7 New Member

What is a good tech against G&G that could be fitted into Fire TRUK?

2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Grumpig and Pachi. Pig can OHKO a non-lv.uped Magmortar and has a -30 Poke_Body to :fire: and :water:

3. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

mawile GE is kinda good.

4. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

mismagius is okay, i guess

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

You shouldn't have to tech against GG if you're running Mortar. Just make your list as consistent as possible and use the natural advantage you have in the matchup.

6. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

I see you changed your sig. lol

Magmortar shouldn't have to tech against G&G. In fact it's the other way around.

7. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Typhlosion DF + Lake Boundry.

8. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

theres no real tech against it. consistency and luck are about what it comes to. Mawile helps, cessation helps, work on shutting down their claydol and gardy and they have very little draw engine.

9. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

I love how his first post was backwards. But I totally agree with you. Typhlosion gets the free retreat from gardy's pheobe's and moonlights, thus making shady move a usable power.

10. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Thank you for agreeing with me, but what do you mean by my first post being "backwards?"

11. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

If you read your first post,

It is a post about putting a tech in GG to counter fire TRUK.....

12. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

oh yeah, sorry.....

13. kiwill

kiwill New Member

Mewtwo* okhos everything in the deck and can be powered with typhlosion/blaziken + holon's castform.
    (just throwing up an idea, I haven't tried it)

14. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

Just play a G&G that can beat Magmortar and most importantly other G&G's

15. Absoltrainer

..........another backwards post....................

read people...

16. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

How is it backwards? There is no reliable tech to play in Magmortar in order to consistently beat G&G therefore it is better to just play G&G.

17. Absoltrainer

ah, sorry, I mis-read. I read it as, in order to beat magmortor, play a GG that can beat it.

18. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

Ector's right. The techs are far and few between. This isn't like back in the '04 format when you could make a whole deck out of tech's. It's all about consistency now. You get the consistent set-up with alittle disruption on the side you'll have a chance. The thing is claydol allows any deck to recover hand size quickly and gallade can 1-shot anything in the format. Teching against something like that isn't going to happen. The best way to shut it down is to run a deck with cess crystal or use the mawile to wipe out their prizes as early as possible.

19. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Yeah I agree Mawile is one of the best techs against GaG. In all reality you should be able to flip at least 2 prizes b4 the Mawile dies. However the huge problem with Mawile is that it is weak to the other popular deck Magmorter. So in Magmorter mirrors you're screwed if you only start with Mawile tech. :lol:

20. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

Try Mew SW and Castforms.... Trading a stage 2 for a basic should always hurt

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008