Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anti-Vilegar tech in an SP deck

Well, it looks like there's going to be a lot of Vilegar decks in my local metagame, and my SP deck could use a tech line that would work against it. Dialga G Lv. X is an obvious one, but what about something offbeat? I was thinking of experimenting with Drapion 4.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Blaziken doesn't really do much just to let you know. By the amount of Warp
Energy they play they'll just Warp Out.

Dialga G Lv. X is the obvious hard counter.
Roserade GL is pretty hilarious against Spiritombs.
Luxray GL Lv. X the vileplume right into an Uxie X.
Absol G is also pretty hilarious, one shots Gengars and gets trainers out of your hand vs Poltergeist.
Blaziken FB is still solid, in my opinion.

For Dialga G ... you must save your sprays for Level Down to make it effective.

Cuz you can totally do something other than save your sprays with a Vileplume out :confused: And there are so many other Poke-Powers in Vilegar to spray I don't know how you'd do that :nonono:

I pulled the Level X from my Vile-Gar. I think others haven't. Once an SP player succesfully get's the Dialga Lvl X out, the trainers are all played. My silly logic is if they get one turn of trainer play, the trainer lock battle is lost.

Dialga G is a good counter.
For most decks, Regice is the EASIEST single card counter.

Honchkrow G can be good, if you run Special Dark and Lucario GL- drop a Crobat G, Special Dark, and Lucario GL and proceed to OHKO active Gengars. Target Attack will also 2HKO an active Gengar Lv. X, with a Crobat drop.

Dialga G Lv. X is the obvious hard counter.
Roserade GL is pretty hilarious against Spiritombs.
Luxray GL Lv. X the vileplume right into an Uxie X.
Absol G is also pretty hilarious, one shots Gengars and gets trainers out of your hand vs Poltergeist.
Blaziken FB is still solid, in my opinion.

One shotting gengars is not a good thing. You want to kill them with crobat drops, psychic restore or poison. Not direct damage.

---------- Post added 10/01/2010 at 03:16 PM ----------

Cuz you can totally do something other than save your sprays with a Vileplume out :confused: And there are so many other Poke-Powers in Vilegar to spray I don't know how you'd do that :nonono:

You would only use spray if they were leveling down dgx and since dgx is out than yeah, you could play power spray.

Last edited:
Back