Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any official word on the VIP & Bye system for States?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBlaze

I've read the page at pokemon-tcg.com and it does not clarify if a player won a CC in another State other than their own, where do they pick up the VIP package and get their 1st round Bye? At the State they won the CC or the State they live in?

The official word on that is that the VIP's will be sent to the state where u won the CC, so if u live in AZ but won in Orlando, it would get sent to Orlando. I have no idea as to what the official word on the byes are, what I recall is:

24+ people in the CC and u get a 2 round bye at state.
23-8 people in the CC and u get a 1 round bye at state

-MuD

Official Infor recieved today

This is an Email that I just recieved tonight. Ironic, I know, but it seems to give some solid info on these situations. With these answers comes more questions. Maybe they will get this straightened out before its too late.

1- how do I change my address with nintendo?
1) Right now, the only way to change your address with us is by email. Once you have moved, send us your POP IDs and new address information.

2- Will I recieve my (and my sons) VIP package at the Texas state championship? If not, could a relative or friend secure the VIP package for me?
2) Go to the TX State event, and if there are any unclaimed VIP packages, you will be able to get them. If there aren't, contact us after the event, and we'll see what we can do for you and your son.
This seems that we are being blown off. After the fact may be too late.

3-Where will I recieve the first round bye? Texas or the state where we won?
3) The list of players that have won byes will be available to everyone, and you'll get your bye at the event you attend.
What if you plan on going to 2 or more events? Will you recieve a bye at all of them?

This info came from.....
Stephen McLaughlin, Pokémon Organized Play

peace,
jimmy

Last edited:
Wow. If they get a bye at every event they attend......

As far as I know you only get one bye no matter how many people attended the City Championship. Also as far as I know you get a bye in the first round at any State Championship you attend.

From what I understand after all the City Championships are over they will generate a list of all the POP #'s and names of the winners of all the City Championships and the PTO's will get the list. If your on the list, you get a bye.

mtjimmer
Master Trainer

Oh, and the CC award at States - that prize is only awarded for the State where the CC was held, if that wasn't obvious.

And Dave can overrule me, freely, on this.

So right from MT Jimmer - The state that you won the CC is the State that you pick up the VIP package.

So looks like those who have moved or want to play at the S. Championships in the area close by can only get their VIP packages from the CC that they went too(maybe the bye too?), unless we hear from Jimmer, or Dave.

CMT

P.S. I feel bad about those who might not be able to head to the state in which they won in, but things happen, but I wish those good luck, hopefully things work out.

The only types of prizes we prohibit receiving in multiples are Byes, Invitations and Travel Awards. All other prizes, including Titles (such as City or State Champion) should be awarded to the winner of the tournament, regardless.

Professor Dav

From another question this was posted by Professor Dav.
SO it appears you cannot receive multiple Byes if you go to different States.
---Nicole
WeileMom

I think he was referring to multiple Byes in the same tournament.
So, if you won 2 CCs in one state, you're only getting one Bye.

If you won a CC in one state and a CC in another state, I would guess that you would get a Bye in each. That's a guess though. We should confirm that.

Pop, your assumption is correct. All CC winners will receive a 1st round bye(just 1) regardless of the number of players at their CC. As originally mentioned in another post the numbers game will not have any increase in to how many byes the winner gets. Every winner gets 1 bye for State :)

Last edited:
Every winner gets 1 bye for State

But is that for any State they attend or just the State they won a CC in?

Last edited:
BJJ763 said:
But is that for any State they attend or just the State they won a CC in?

That's what I'm wondering too. For example, it doesn't seem right for a City Champion from Virginia to travel to State Championships in Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, etc. and receive a first round bye at ALL of them. Now if that winner won a CC in those states too that would make sense.
---Nicole
WeileMom

PokePop said:
No, just the same State(s) that they won their CC(s) in.
If a player took 1st in lets say the 15+ age group in a CC in Arizona he would receive a bye at the States tourney for Arizona. If however he was to have won another CC in another State and they were on different days and you attended that one then he would also have a bye awaiting him at that States Tourney. As far as checking out the other senario being asked, there is no info about winning a CC in Arizona but playing States in California and still be awarded a bye(Remember CC was not won in Calf. so I am guessing you would be just another entree) Bye is to be given at the States tourney in which it was won. Having said all that though im sure there may be some exceptions that might have to be made especially when it comes to someone may have moved since they won there CC and now may be living in another State???

PokePop said:
I think he was referring to multiple Byes in the same tournament.
So, if you won 2 CCs in one state, you're only getting one Bye.

If you won a CC in one state and a CC in another state, I would guess that you would get a Bye in each. That's a guess though. We should confirm that.

This statement pretty much sums it up.

You recieve a one round bye at a State event if you win a City Championship. You do not 'collect' byes by winning multiple City Championships, play at a State, cash in your bye.

Byes are also not contingent on attendance.

States will grant a two round bye for winners who attend Nationals, which, by the way, is a pretty sizeable advantage when there are fully paid trips to Worlds on the line!

Professor Dav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back