Anyone else been to Glitch City?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Fawkes0126, Jan 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

I went there in Pokemon Yellow. I never was able to go through it, though. Anyone else able to?

2. Dek

Dek New Member

never heard of it. can you explain what this is?

3. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I wonder if he refers to the mystically rumored Pokegod city. How I understood it is that you had to beat the Elite Four over thirty times without engaging in conversation with any person expect the Elite Four. So this meant you couldn't heal at a Pokemon Center or buy new itmes. Then Professor Oak takes you to the city through a secret enterance at the Pokemon League. This trick I have just said is false though, because I did just to prove them wrong.

I heard another one about getting into a secret garden or something through Bill's house but I can't remember the details on that.

Oh and then there were the rumors of the HM 06... Ha Ha Ha!

Overall time and time again, all I have to say is, Prove it then you speak the truth.

4. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Glitch city was only accessable if you hacked it. It was originally accessable where the SS anne now resides, and it is basically a jumble of lost sprites. It exploded the Pokémon hacking scene, really.

5. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

No, no, no, it happens when you go to the Safari Zone and, well, I'll find out how to do it. Anyway, you go to the place and it's a bunch of glitch blocks. Really wierd place.

6. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Okay, first, you need a pokemon with the move "Fly" in your party. Then, go to the Safari Zone, talk to the man that gives you the Safari Balls, and tell him yes, you do want to go in. Then, when you're in there, talk to the man in the first house that says he's catching pokemon to take home as gifts. Then leave the house, go inside the place where the guy who asks whether you want to go in the Safari Zone or not resides, tell him 'no' 2 times, then go inside the Safari Zone, save your game, and turn off your game system. Next, turn your game on and go back inside the entrance house, however, now he will ask you whether you want to hunt for pokemon or not, even though you were just in the Safari Zone. Tell the guy yes, and then fly to Cinnabar Island, and surf just off the coast, as you would for MISSINGNO. Finally, you will hear the bell, as if your time was up in the Safari Zone. You will automatically find yourself back at the Safari Zone entryway. Walk out of the building, and you will find yourself in Glitch City.

7. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Fawkes, the alternate way to do this is in the Unkown dungeon, but it is too specific for me to post it without a grid map. There is one spot in the Unkown dungeon where you can fly, even though you shouldn't be able to.

For the hacking literate, if you have a .win converter for GB carts, load a pokémon yellow cart (havent tested this on japanesse carts or older versions) open townmap.gb001=mg in a .ini format, *backup now* and change the following lines:

FSC=LOC//SE=GOLDENROD
    SP1=1
    SP68=1
    SP72=0
    SP133=1
    [SPRITEBATCHFSC]

Add the following lines after the newly-created line Spritebatchfsc.
    SBA1=GOLDENROD.GB/BATCH.IMG
    SBANPC=GOLDENROD.GB/BATCH.NPC

Then, enter Fuschia City and exit through the west.

8. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

You can fly in the Unknown dungeon? can you show me where? I ReALLY WANNa KNOW

9. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

I've been there, I think I'l do it again. It's realy fun just to walk out side and go nowhere(okay mybe not)

10. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

I wouldn't go to glitch city without aligning the sprites first. If you do, make sure not to press anything.

Anyway, I'll give an exact movement chart when I finish pokémon blue, my battery erased itself again.

11. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

What are sprites?

12. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 Active Member

A sprite is an onscreen character (usually moving) in a 2-d game.

13. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Most sprites in pokémon don't move at all, except for the battle sprites. Like I said, if you want to see the actual landscape of the level, use what I said above, If you have a converter for .GB carts (which is a wire that plugs into you're GBA's link cable port and goes into you're computer using a USB port) just input the lines I said below. If you can't find the lines below (you might have difficulty finding the first one, the other should be quite easy), look Just after FSC=NNO.IMG=LOAD//SFZ>27 to find the first one. The others will be after the sprite table near the bottom.

14. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Oh, okay. Thanks.

15. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

In glitch city, if you have the sprites, go to the far west of town and talk to the old man. Answer 'yes' to his question. He'll take you to his home. Talk to the other, weird-looking person, and he'll give you an item called teru sama. I'm trying to figure out what it does... lmk if you come up with something.