Anyone read the spoiler for Garchomp Lv.X

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by FlYgOnInMySoUp, Apr 11, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. FlYgOnInMySoUp

FlYgOnInMySoUp New Member

do you think that it's too good or just a fun card anyways you be the judge, the card goes like this

Garchomp lv. x 140hp {C}

pokepower: Dragon Scale
    when you play this card on top of garchomp, flip 3 coins for each heads put 1 damage counter on
    all of your opponent's pokemon.

{ . } Rebirth
    search your discard pile for a pokemon ( excluding lv. X) and treat it as a basic pokemon and place on your bench. you may attach up to 3 basic energy cards from your discard pile to that pokemon.

weakness {C}x2
    resistance
    retreat cost {C}{C}

I think that it is a great card personally, and something new, just what should i build it around.

2. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

...besides the fact the spoiler has been around for a while now?

I definately think it'll give Garchomp decks a boost, since Rebirth is such an awesome attack for any teched in Pokemon.

3. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Play it in Garchomp.

With a bunch of random Stage 2s.

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

I'm pretty sure it's power only places counters on your opponent's benched Pokemon... if it's all of them, it's an amazing card.

5. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

I say play it with kabutops, if you get atleast 1 out of heads on D. Scale then you rebirth kabutops wully powered. Next turn you free retreat and kabutops kills the bench. This could work equally well with Flygon Ex d but kabutops stops RC

6. metagross

metagross New Member

I say play 3-2-2-2. Now providing they cant OHKO you, which they most likely cant, you can Rebirth the other Garchomp one turn and attack the next. When your first one goes down, premier ball the Lv.X, level up, spread more damage, rinse and repeat. Add Gliscor Lv.X for extra paralyzing fun or Spiritbomb for extra bench damage.
    Tech in Flygon ex to sweep.

7. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

Adding Goku to your deck is unfair and is not allowed :lol:

8. pikachu*

pikachu* New Member

Play it with Kabutops and Spritomb and it is godly :p.

9. ashinto

ashinto New Member

one word for this card, broken.

10. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

If I recall correctly, when the translation first came out, people were talking about using it with PK Salamence ex...

11. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

the fact that garchomp goes from a free retreat to a 2 retreat cost is not to be overlooked. and yes you will see 1-2 flygon ex (df) without the trapinches/vibravas teched into most of these decks in a bid to break GGs supremacy. and it might actually work since in the near future the best counter to a garchomp deck will be another garchomp deck.

12. pokeking11

pokeking11 New Member

So broken its not even funny..... thats why im going to play it

13. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

It still has free retreat. You'll see if you look at a Japanese card scan.
    The only thing getting worse is the x2 weakness, making it very vulnerable to Crystal Shard - at least for the rest of this season.

Rebirth is nice but you still have to get four cards first to your hand and then to the discard pile in order to use it. It will work best in middle-game imho and not for the initial setup.

14. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

agreed
    crystal shard and battle frontier stadiums will be everywhere during battle roads

15. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

I like Garchomp lvl X.

It's going to be soooo annoying hearing everyone say they broke the format with MD coming out. Fossils, eevees, garchomp... pokemon has almost never had an ENTIRE set be rife with amazing cards. The last set I can remember like that was TRR. MD just has way too many good pokemon. In the past we had sets of 20-30 good cards and a lot of filler junk. I remember complaining about it, actually. The combos and cards nowadays are just sick though. You can easily have at least half of a set be somewhat playable, or at least interesting and strategic.

16. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

We get:

- Eeveelutions
    - Garchomp Lv.X
    - Fossils
    - Empoleon
    - Infernape
    - maybe some interesting promos like Bronzong and Dusknoir but they are not that special

Thats better than the average set, but nothing special. And it's just because they kept the really good cards from GE back until MD.

Secret Wonders alone contained the cards that made the metagame up to now. Mysterious Treasures had Blissey, Garchomp, Typhlosion, Mag Lv.X and many more playable cards.

In the past we had sets like Unseen Forces (Typh, Scizor ex, Lugia ex, Steelix ex, Eeveelutions, many good tools, Elm's Training Method, Mary's Request and many more cards) or Delta Species (which made a heavy impact to the metagame with the Holon Engine and decks like Metanite).

The set after MD will contain even more great cards if we get anything Japan got in their DP5.

- Magnezone Lv.X
    - Rhyperior Lv.X
    - Fairy Lv.Xes
    - Gliscor
    - Kingdra
    - Armaldo
    - Stark Mountain
    - maybe Heatran Lv.X

17. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

This card really shouldn't be used for anything more than a tech because if you base a deck around this card you'll have a lot of problems getting it out. First it's a lv.x so thats hard to get out. Second your main attackers can usually only be gotten out with chomp x. Third once you do get chomp out how are you going to get out your stage 2s. With these facts you won't really have a decent attacker for a while and since the normal chomp isn't the base of the deck and only played for the lv.x. The nomal chomp is only good if the deck is based around it.

18. Luxatos

Luxatos <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Hmm... I just got an idea for a fun deck with this and Alakazam*.

19. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

I wouldn't use Garchomp Lvl. X with a bunch of random Stage 2's. Ho-oh SW would be the better combo with him since it's slow to rev up otherwise and fits in well with the regular Garchomp's "rainbow" theme. Other than that, I'd put in a bunch of cards that help get stuff in the discard pile (Solrock/Lunatone, Sableye CG, TVR, Felicity) and possibly a setup Pokemon like Furret or Claydol GE.

- Croatian "shark-infested lands" Nidoking

20. Tentacruel13

Tentacruel13 New Member

Hey, Garchomp Lv.X has 0 Retreat Cost!