AOL Email Problems - Weird!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Team Cook Mom, Apr 3, 2009.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Team Cook Mom

Team Cook Mom New Member

Weird things are happening with my emails...

I type up a long email, nice and neat, perfect little paragraphs and all that, and then when I send it, it gets weird. I had a recipient tell me that my email had the last few paragraphs sticken through. It's as if someone had used the strike-through format on them, but I didn't. She also said that there were some other weird things in the email.

So, I checked the email in my sent folder and found not only the strike-through on a big portion of the email, but also some random characters inserted in several spots of my email. Things like a random "0=20" or "AO" just inserted in between paragraphs of within a word. There are also random spaces inserted within words. So that some words look "som ething lik e th is".

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Active Member

Looks like a mail server mangled the MIME encoding of the message somewhere along the way.

3. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Strange. Did you type it up in a word processing program and try to copy paste it to the email form? If you did that maybe it didn't like the formatting used by the program.