Aqua/Magma Dual Types always dual?

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by TrEkIeV, Apr 14, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TrEkIeV

TrEkIeV New Member

Are Aqua/Magma Dual Types always dual types? I mean, is it a rule that they are always dual types since it's stated in the same place the "2 prizes for knocking out pokemon-ex" is.

I'm asking this because i'm wondering what happens if you attached a Crystal Shard to a Duel type.

Does its Type change back to Colorless or does its "Duel Type Rule" override the Tool? Would it be 100% Colorless or would one of its Types become Colorless (and you would get to choose which Type now is Colorless)?

how much damage would an Aqua's Cacturne's Poison Barb attack do to a Rayquaza if the Cacturne has a Darkness Energy, Double Rainbow, and Crystal Shard attached to it.

would it be 90 + poison? [(40+10)x2-10] (darkness adds extra damage before weakness, but would darkness' bonus get applied since it has a "duel type rule", or did the crystal shard override it)

or 70 + poison? [(40x2)-10] (darkness' bonus not being applied since crystal shard overrid the "duel type rule")

2. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Well, as far as Crystal Shard overriding dual-type (or multi-type) pokemon, Kecleon already set the precedent for that:
    == CRYSTAL CHARD (Skyridge)

Q. If I have a Kecleon with several basic Energy cards attached and I attach a Crystal Shard to it, does its Type change back to Colorless or does its Power override the Tool? Would it be 100% Colorless or would one of its Types become Colorless (and you would get to choose which Type now is Colorless)?
    A. Crystal Shard does override the Poke-Body, and a Pokémon Crystal Shard is attached to becomes "Colorless" only. (Jan 29, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

But you do bring up a good question about using both Darkness Energy & Crystal Shard at the same time on a Dark-type Pokemon. My first instinct is that you would no longer get the +10 bonus because it's now colorless, but I'll ask this at our next meeting just to be certain.

Thanks,
    - CHRISBO