Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Archetype v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Fuji

Howdy,

I'm sure no one here knows me, being that I havn't posted here in such a long time. To go along with that, I havn't played the modified format for an equal amount of time (I touched it a bit when r/s was first released and the format was first announced, but that's it)

In preparation for the Gym Challanges (and hopfully more events than just that) I have decited to start playing modified seriously. Here's my first attempt at the modified deck.

4x Torchic
1x Combusken
4x Blazeiken
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
2x Rayquaza ex
1x Blaziken ex
4x Dunsparce

4x Professor OAk's Research
4x TV Reporter
4x Rare Candy
4x Switch
3x Oracle
2x Pokemon Nurse
1x town Volunteers

14x Fire Energy
4x Lightning Energy

Eh... With a little help from Jermy101 with cutting two cards (wasn't sure which)

hehe. Im happy to see you again Fuji. Anyway, here's your fix! The standard bex/rayex

-1 tv reporter
-2 switch
-1 nurse
-1 town V
-2 light

+1 blaziken ex
+1 copycat
+2 warp point
+1 oracle
+2 multi (or 3 multi/1light)

Why should I drop lightnings for the multis? Why not drop fire(s)?

And why is a 4th oracle better than a 4th TVR?

First thing you cant play delcatty without playing 4 oracles, its a law. Second thing warp point is so much better than switch. Add a blaziken. Switch 2 lightning with multi(extra dragon burst damage). In this deck you rely on switching so mutch and retreating that low pressure system is a must, it gives blaziken 1 retreat cost and torchic none. Also try to add in some extra warp points and switches.

You mean high Pressure System.

And yeah, I know Oracles are musts, but I usually ran 3. Duno why, it just never helped me as much as it helps other people. *Shrugs* I guess i'll playtest with 4.

And I dropped 3 Lightnings for Multi for playtesting.

We'll see how it fairs and i'll post back.

Looks like my fix is right on.. with the exception of the HPS.. oh wait nvm I told Fuji about HPS online :D Hows the deck coming along fuji ?

um....he has no team aquas mantric, or ampheros?

im not gona fix this one, but drop either 4 cards and add either

2 team aquas mentric
2 team aquas electrike

or

2 team aquas mentric
2 archey

or add in a
2 marrep
1 flaffy
2 amphersos line

if you add in the one flaffy, you can have your total rare candy count be at 3, and be safe

if you add the archey, use oracle to get him (instead of the mentric and electrik that you would normaly get) and use it next turn

take it or leave it
have fun
-joe

I had concidered that, actually. But I have decited to ficus MORE on the Blaziken line than tthe rayquaza. that's just for QUICK damage. Which is why it uses multis...

firstly, count your pokemon properly, you have 20, not 22. ;/

Pokemon: -1 Blaziken, +1 Blaziken ex.
Trainers: +1desert shaman, +1 copycat, +1 warp point, +1 high pressure system, -1 pokemon nurse, -2 switch, -1 tv reporter.
Energy: You dont need 18, make room for other, more superior cards. Go with: 13 fire, 2 lightning, 2 multi. And then add 1 more card as 'luxury' ;/

Joner's just about right on the energy, and Tennis Emperor is just about right on the trainers. Everybody's pretty much covered it, but I'll post the complete list with a bit o' tweaks and such:

Archetype 1.1 (because Amphy/Tric ain't worth it)
Pokemon: 21
4 Dunsparce
4 Torchic
1 Combusken
4 Blaziken
1 Blaziken ex
3 Rayquaza ex
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

Energy: 18
13 Fire
3 Lightning
2 Multi

Trainers: 21
4 Oracle
4 Reporter
4 POR
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 HPS
1 Volunteers
1 Copycat

Enjoy and shizzle.

Wooper

:/

Yeah, I apologize for my half-asleep counting skillz :p

Here's the current version:

4x Dunsparce
4x Torchic
1x Combusken
4x Blaziken
2x Blaziken ex
2x Rayquaza
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

4x TV Reporter
4x Professor Oak's Research
4x Rare Candy
3x Oracle
3x Warp Point
2x Switch
2x High Pressure System

14x Fire Energy
3x Multi Energy

:/ Two things (minor things) I'm still concidering is:

-1 TVR
+1 Oracle

and/or

-1 Warp Point
+1 Switch

Hey Fuji, how you been man? Good to see you getting back into the game ^_^

Looks solid, man. I would just recommend dropping 1 Blaziken or a Blaziken ex from the list. 2 Blaziken ex really isn't that important to have... you can easily run off of just 1.

nikePK said:
I would just recommend dropping 1 Blaziken or a Blaziken ex from the list. 2 Blaziken ex really isn't that important to have... you can easily run off of just 1.

After reconsidering my fix, Nike's right here. Go 4/1 Starter/ex. You need some multi energy also, go 13/3/2 fire/lightning/multi with the extra space from the ditching of the Blaziken ex.

Other than that little thing, looks good. Go tear up yo StateC.

Woop

Yeah, I already have 3 multis.

I was thinking about adding in lightning.. With 3 multi, I can only attack with Rayquaza ex 3 times in the whole game,... which is BAD.

I was also starting to concider Pokemon Reversal-- Was that errated? I remember seeing one printed with the switch effect instead of the gust, how did that work out?

nice to see you too NikePK. lol.

Pokemon: 21
4 Dunsparce
4 Torchic
1 Combusken
4 Blaziken
1 Blaziken ex
3 Rayquaza ex
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

Energy: 18
13 Fire
3 Lightning
2 Multi

Trainers: 21
4 Oracle
4 Reporter
4 POR
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 HPS
1 Volunteers
1 Copycat

Makes room for multi and lightning and still runs fast as the devil. Also try flipping the lightning and multi, so you have 3 Multi and 2 Lightning, but this deck's such a powerhouse that you can afford consistancy.

Woopah

UPDATE:: v1.3

4x Dunsparce
4x Torchic
1x Combusken
3x Blaziken
2x Blaziken ex
2x Rayquaza
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty

4x Professor Oak's Research
4x Rare Candy
4x Oracle
3x TV Reporter
3x Warp Point
2x Switch
2x High Pressure System
1x CopyCat

14x Fire Energy
3x Multi Energy

Well, That's what i've made up so far. Any suggestions?

--Fuji ;/

Looks good, but I'd use Lightnings, either instead of or in addition to the Multis, so that you can more easily attack with Rayquaza consecutively. Other than that, -1 Copycat, -1 Warp Point, +1 Combusken, +1 Reporter. Good luck with it.

dkates said:
Looks good, but I'd use Lightnings, either instead of or in addition to the Multis, so that you can more easily attack with Rayquaza consecutively. Other than that, -1 Copycat, -1 Warp Point, +1 Combusken, +1 Reporter. Good luck with it.

Either way you wont be able to attack with ray consecutively: lightning needs to be recycled and you have no Amp or Manetric to move them. Copycat is vital. Period. He likes to do the switc/warp combo so let him keep it. Reporters cut for copycat and combuskens not overly important in a deck running speed evo w/ candies.

Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back