Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Are these cards fake? (in walmart)

I've seen these also. From what I can tell, they're repackaged loose cards. I don't know the story behind them, but the cards themselves are real.

The contents are all over the place in terms of sets. There are some really old cards, post wizards, mixed with new cards, which is really strange. The foils are usually easily identifiable if you look into the packaging close enough.

The few I bought contained both normal holos and promos.

Always wondered about this myself.

Well, let's assume they're real. Did you find it worth buying?

Honestly, I got some really great supporters. Also, knowing what holo you're getting is pretty awesome.

Just take into consideration that most of the stuff in those packs will likely be either rotated or rotated fairly soon.

Buy one or two for the fun of it! You might get something cool.

They are real 95% of the time. I've only ever seen one fake, and you could tell instantly looking at the packaging it was a sketchy company.

I wish my Walmart sold random Pokemon card stuff like that! They even stopped selling Pokemon cards all around :mad:

Anyways, those are real. I have seen fake packs/repacks before, but they were at liquor stores and random places and not at big stores like Walmart.

Are you sure yours doesn't? Our Walmarts (3 in this area) and Targets have a little section off to the side of the checkout registers with Pokemon, Yugioh and MTG cards + supplies. I thought they used to be with the toys, so I thought they didn't sell them until I spotted it there.

My Target does, but the 3 or so Walmarts in my area haven't carried Pokemon cards for a year or so :/
I do remember when one of the Walmarts carried Pokemon cards, but I can't find any anymore D:

No, Ebay is my new favorite cause I am not ever going to pay $4+ for a pack of Pokemon cards >.>

However, Target has better snacks :3

No, Ebay is my new favorite cause I am not ever going to pay $4+ for a pack of Pokemon cards >.>

However, Target has better snacks :3

I'm too impatient to wait, but I noticed Walmart and Target tend to charge less than some comic book/specialy shops. Saw a tin for $25 at a comic/sports memorabilia shop that was 13.98 @ Walmart

Agreed. Mine has a built in Starbucks and Pizza Hut, plus a great food section.

Your's has a Pizza Hut? Cool! I have a Starbucks one and a normal Target cafe one :p

I'm too impatient to wait, but I noticed Walmart and Target tend to charge less than some comic book/specialy shops. Saw a tin for $25 at a comic/sports memorabilia shop that was 13.98 @ Walmart

Yeah, that's the one thing I buy from Target - the boxes.
Their prices for the promo boxes tend to be around $1 more than online, but I save on shipping so its worth it to buy them at Target.

Real, but not in the best shape. Whiting and surface scratches galore.
I've never pulled anything from these better then what I would call a 7.

Probably a small business or something that buys bulk, they probably repackage and sell to Walmart... making profit themselves because I think it is what $5-7 for that and there isn't usually anything good.
I bought one before and got just a bunch of meh cards.

I would buy one if I saw some ex series packs though :p

[del]The way they're package you can't tell.

Each time I was hoping for Neo or Maybe even Gym myself.[/del]

Er... nevermind, I've never seen the Booster Pack ones before.
Only the loose "one holo" ones.

Last edited:
Back