Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arthas Zero presents... THE REVIVAL (Eon?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dek

After seeing the possibility of the "Best Of" promos in Eon, I started thinking of a master plan that might show off some Deja vu. Presenting the new version of...

HAYMAKER
4 Electabuzz- Best Of
4 Hitmonchan- Best Of
4 Zangoose- Sandstorm

4 Elm- Best Of
4 Copycat
4 Lanette's Net Search
3 Potion
4 Oran Berry
4 Switch
3 Energy Removal 2

9 Lightning Energy
9 Fighting Energy

I know its a little :eek: , but I think it's a nice touch. BBPs, Card Drawing Power, searching power, healing Power, Switching Power, and even energy removing power.

[size=-2]Please not this isn't a joke deck[/size]

It looks just a little too underpowered. A successful Haymaker is modified is hard unless your going to use the ex's. It just looks like it won't be able to compete with the heavy damage pokes which was why it didn't appear in Neon. Good luck with it though.

Your weak to fiighting big time. Perhaps you should consider adding psy and wobbuffet or mewtwo ex. I also prefer solrock over hitmonchan but chan has the nice 1 nrg attack.

yeah, both of ya made some good points. the only problem that I face is, what PT said, the card pool that will be available for the new modified. I was thinking about changing the following:

-4 Hitmonchan
-1 Zangoose
-9 Fighting
+9 Grass
+3 Scyther ex
+2 Wobbuffet

Im not a real fan of using Pokemon-ex (thats what they're technically called) cards, but if I really must, then I will (like Kabutops ex :D ). Hopefully, teh changes are good.

Alright, I did a little more tweaking with the idea, I thought of 2 versions. here is verison 1:

4 Electabuzz- Best Of
4 Scyther ex- EX:RS
4 Zangoose- SS

4 Elm- Best Of
4 Copycat
4 Lanette's Net Search
3 Potion
4 Oran Berry
4 Switch
3 Energy Removal 2

9 Lightning Energy
9 Grass Energy

And now, version 2:

4 Electabuzz
4 Mewtwo ex
4 Zangoose

4 Elm- Best Of
4 Copycat
4 Lanette's Net Search
3 Potion
4 Oran Berry
4 Switch
3 Energy Removal 2

9 Lightning Energy
9 Psychic Energy

Not much in changes, but it does give us some different ideas.

Class, today, we will have a review session for those who forgot some things...

Lugia wont fit well in a Haymaker deck. Why? Cuz it's Haymaker. If memory serves me right, the only copy of Lugia that is allowed in Eon format is Crystal Lugia. With crystal types, you are required to have 3 or more basic energy types in the deck.

Sorry, but 3 Basic Energy types dont work in Haymaker decks. Haymaker decks use BBPs (Big Basic Pokemon). BBPs (like Base Set Electabuzz, Base set Hitmonchan) require 1-3 Energies to attack and deal some good damage without major consequences (like discarding energies)Sure, Lugia is a basic pokemon, but it requires so much for it to attack, and then what happens? you have to discard all those dang energies that you worked so hard to get onto him in the first place.

Im sorry that I sounded very incosiderate. I was only trying to explain that cards never work well in a Haymaker deck.

Say, speaking of different cards, I got a challenge for all of ya. I want YOU to make your own copy of Haymaker. On this post. It's ok, I already made 3 versions of my style, so it really wouldnt count as "please build me a deck" (right?)

4 Electabuzz
4 Mewtwo ex
4 Zangoose

4 Elm- Best Of
4 Copycat
4 Lanette's Net Search
3 juggler
4 moo moo
4 Switch
3 Energy Removal 2

9 Lightning Energy
9 Psychic Energy