Asheville Battle Road Report

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by KingGengar, Oct 14, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

This has been a frustrating Battle Roads season for me.

In my first Battle Roads, I played Mario, and didn't make top cut because I lost to CLAYDOL EX. Ugh. 2-2.

In my second Battle Roads, I played Kricketune and didn't make top cut because I took a game loss for forgetting to put out prizes. Argh! 3-2.

In my third Battle Roads, I played Mario, made T2 (3-1), and lost to my daughter, who played Krickets. OK!

So, now, my fourth Battle Roads. I decide to play something different: Megachamp.

ROUND 1 Jeanette with Dragonite EX d and stuff
    I pull T2 Meganium and the game is over by turn 3.
    1-0.

ROUND 2 Ryan with MegaGatr
    We each get an extremely slow start, Chikorita vs Budew, but I can't hit the Sleep flip much, and when I do, he flips heads. So, no one attacks for 5-6 turns while we build up. I'm sitting with a Meganium and 1 Energy forever. I actually made my first mistake by not KO'ing his Budew with my Active Meganium and instead concentrated on building Machamp when I *did* get an energy (finally!). But the real error was that, after he KOd a Chikorita on the Bench with Drag Off, I inexplicably brought up another Chikorita instead of Machamp for the Revenge. Brain damage. Anyway, that was the turning point. He took 6 prizes, I took 4.
    1-1.

ROUND 3 Brian with Krickets and Armour (Hot Dog) Fossil
    Machop start for me, and an excellent start for him. I go 2nd and Mentor to avoid the T2 loss. I get Revenge with Plus Power after he KO's 2 of my guys. Then, my Pokemon have too much hp for 1HKO, and I continuously Revenge or Dynamic Punch.
    2-1.

ROUND 4 Ryan with Blissey
    He mulligans 7 times and I take 7 cards. I win on T3.
    3-1.

ROUND 5 Adam with Empoleon/Lucario
    Piplup vs Machop. He pecks. I draw Chikorita, Candy to Bayleef, Switch Bayleef to Active, lay energy, and get Meganium to end my turn. He Warp Points the Machop back up and pecks it again, but I switch back Bayleef, lay and Meganium, but he has Cessation down, so I can't get Pokemon. Either way, however, I have Machoke in hand, evolve Machop, and begin attacking Empoleon, which cannot harm Meganium. He snipes a Machop down, and starts on my Machoke, then I evolve to Champ. He draws no Riolu, so gg.
    4-1.

TOP 4 (yay)

I have to play Ryan again with Megagatr, and I hope to get *revenge*!
    Game 1. As with our first game, very slow set up. Energy drought again, but only when I play Ryan! I don't make any errors in this game, but he wins easily, as all of my DRE and Scramble and bunched together at the bottom, like a gang of thieves.
    Game 2. This time, we both get quick starts, but his Drag Off is killing me, even though I'm taking prizes. We take it down to the end, and I hit a key Galactic Wager, but he gets the card he needs and wins soon after. Well played, Ryan.

So, I get my 2 packs for playing, and I pull Lucario Level.X. Cool!

PROPS
    Jeff and Toni Reynolds, for great tournaments!
    Short drive home, for a change!
    Free Cookies in the lobby
    Heather!
    Keith (Lawman) - props, no slops!

SLOPS
    LSU losing to Kentucky

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  2. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

gj on t4 kinggengar.
    and what a good pull!

3. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Oh....I see...thats how it is gonna be.....no props for the Lawman. You covered the under tho on the O/U line! :tongue:

Good to see ya. You still should have played Mario, you donk-meister.

Keith

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  4. feralitar00

feralitar00 New Member

yea u played good but i lost to tj in top but i did pull a TSD out of my packs yay

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Dude, I'd take your record in a second. GJ

6. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Keith: fixed !

Ryan: thanks!

Matt: hah! :p

Fried: Dig!

7. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Tom great job at Asheville and overall. Not bad making top cut in 2 of 4 BR's. Because we have a really good player base it is tough for all the players. Nobody is guaranteed to win, let alone make the top cut in Masters. See you at CC's.

8. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

nice playing tom congrats on a pretty successful season so far, hope all goes well, and if you happen to see brian leery let him know zach says hey and i'm coming for regionals!

9. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Thanks, Jeff! See you at Cities or perhaps a pre-release in Greenville.

Hey, Zach. Thanks much. If I see Brian, I'll let 'im know.