Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ATM Ice Vs. Holon WP

~Blazi-King~

Ancient Technical Machine [Ice]
EX Hidden Legends, #84
Ice Generator
Discard all of your opponent’s Trainer cards in play. If you do, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to the Pokemon using this attack during your opponent’s next turn.

Holon Energy WP
EX Delta Species, #106
Holon Energy WP provides {C} Energy.
If the Pokemon that Holon Energy WP is attached to also has a basic {W} Energy card attached to it, prevent all effects of attacks, excluding damage, done to that Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon. If the Pokemon that Holon Energy WP is attached to also has a basic {P} Energy card attached to it, that Pokemon's Retreat Cost is 0. Ignore these effects if Holon Energy WP is attached to Pokemon-ex.

Ok, me and MrMeches today at league had this come up while we playing a game together.

I played ATM Ice discarding his Stadium. He also had a NRG Root attached to a the active Pokemon with a Holon WP and a water.

1) Do I get to discard the NRG Root since its a worldly game effect, or is it targeting each and every place a trainer could be on my opponents side of the field?

2) If it is targeting each Pokemon and place a trainer could be, shouldnt the card say so? Because based on the wording of the ATM Ice, ATM Ice is targeting my opponent and not his pokemon in play...Right?

I can see how Holon WP would prevent ATM Rock from happening. Since ATM Rock is checking each and every pokemon in play, that your opponent has, for a evolution on top of it. But ATM Ice isnt as specific. ATM Is just checking for Trainers your opponent has in play.

Thanks for your time,
Clay C.:thumb:

Last edited:
Back