Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

*Authorized Poll* Article Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei

Team Compendium Emeritus
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
Hey all you `Gymmer`s,one of the new forums we are thinking of adding to the site is an Article forum.We would like to hear our members opinions on the following Article Forum issues:

•Are you interested,yes or no?
•If yes,what kind of articles would you like it to have?
•Should there be certain criteria for posting an article?

As stated,we welcome all opinions,so please post and let us know what you think!

Thanx,

`Sensei

I think that sounds cool, I think strategies and ideas could be good to use. Criteria could be it has to pokemon related, because it is the pokegym.

sounds cool also an apprentice forum would be good to =D but yeah that would be good to help people with strategy

i seriously think a bazttling forum (aim/appr/w/e) would recieve a better welcome than a strategy article

-MuD

I think it's a great idea Mike, strategies and how they apply to certain decks, their weaknesses, would be a good place to start. Something more in depth than deck help, which is more disscussion with deck list and sometimes a short mention of the stratgy it uses. Rules interpetation would also be good for articles. You could take a situation that has come up before, or one that might, and do an article on the correct ruling(s) and why. Also articles on how to run tournaments, large and small, articles on how to prepare for and traveling tips for those who go to out of town tournaments.

Well we already have a place for strategy articles. Maybe what is needed is a Legendary posts forum where such gems can be kept?

I think it's a good idea, but it needs to be heavily censored, or it might become another "TCG Single Card Strategy" forum.

I think that if a person wants to post an article there, they should have to send it to one of the mods (a submission to an email through the "add topic" link) who will then look it over and either post it under the author's name (assuming that you can do that) or PM/email the author back and tell them why it was not accepted.

There should be at least 2 forums for this. One is for general strategy, the other for tournament reports.

That's my two cents, anyone else?

I think its a great idea!
Recently someone posted a strategy article in the deck help forum and it was picked apart because others thought it was posted for "deck help". So having a place for these type of articles would be wonderful, especially for those of us who are trying to get a grasp on building decks.
Ideas for articles could be building decks- from unlimited to draft, to include examples of decks; the basics beyond what is explained in the instruction manual; info about the different tournament styles and what to expect; info on new expansions and what they mean to the existing cards.
Those are things I would really like to read.
As far as criteria, I agree with the above poster that any articles should be read and approved by a moderator.
---Nicole

...Yeah,

(what WeileMom said. - :D)

I do see a possibility in which folks who have different opinions may end up bashing what was originally posted.
I think that for deck strategies, it should be set up more to "inform the masses" and not for "soliciting different points of view" on the topic.

- Tony

Yes. I agree with the comments of WeileMom and bullados. Articles of this type would, I assume in quite a bit more in-depth and lenghty than those in the stragegies forum. Good idea.

I see this causing problems. I'm all for it, but it'll be hard to make it work.

The less experienced players will probably all post there, even if they don't regularly attend tournaments or have any organized play experience at all. The strategy will range from good to bad to worst. I myself think I specialized team of people should answer requests about which cards to do. Every week or so a card is selected and then the members of the team rate it. I myself have seen reviews by PojoThundachu, Baboon, Otaku, Bullados, PerfectOne, Patriarch, Meganium45, and others that were fairly well written. All of these people post on this board with some frequency, so I think a team could be composed. The above seven would be good to start with, but not just any old anybody, like on pojo.com, where people wrote in about Base Set Charizard saying it was the best card ever.

"It does 100 damage! It's the best card ever!" :nonono:

Those were confusing times. But kind of fun. :p But I don't want advice from just anybody. Have some of the people here vote on who they want to write their articles for them. *Prays that they'll pick him* :D

Woop

I think a moderated article section would be an excellent addition- but it would have to go through someone, first. I think the idea of a strategy team that was mentioned above would work out well, too. But to keep things intelligent, definatly needs to go through -somebody- that can give a yes/no. Not to censor things he/she didn't like, but to make sure that it is at least written intelligently and thoughtfully. I like talking strategy- it makes you think about the game itself as a whole. I could definatly see articles on top archtypes and what not written by the people who helped create it, etc.

I've written a couple articles myself, and I agree that such articles in general get taken the wrong way when they have to be posted in the deck forum.

Hope it happens!

Yeah, what RK9 said.

I think that we should definitely do this, and not just COTD articles, about single cards, but articles on the current format, what good tECh is against certain cards, looks at up-and-coming sets, but their should be a team composed or somebody it has to go through.

Boldly volunteers himself.

Nah, I'm just in it for the fame.

No, seriously, I think this would benifit some of the less experienced players and help them see the game the way we do, taking into account little things and helping to construct better decks so that better decks will be posted, giving more oppurtunity for deck fixers to take a look at different strategies that nobody else had thought up; helping shape up the pokegym into a better site.

Not that it isn't good...

You all know what I'm saying.

Wooper

Thanx for your input everyone.We`ll take everything into consideration.

I`ll unsticky this now.:)

`Sensei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back