Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Awful City Championship, bad organization, bad ruling, no pokemon profr.

Feraliblastoise

Here in Mexico was made the city championship DF norte wich was a very bad event, there were lots of mistakes, and also cheating.

The entrance was $10 and the charmanders weren´t given, the only gave a booster and a promo from league (mudkip, treecko, torchic), there were in +15 about 15 players, in +10-15, 10 and -10 no players.

All tables were alone in all rounds, the TO only said the pairing and then went to another place, there were not judges, and also none pokemon professors, a lot of cheating.

by Ex. in +10-15 a guy with 7 pokemon in play, 6 on bench and 1 active, all with damage of a previous attack of blaziken (RuSa), then a boy puting energys from Blaziken pokemon power to the active pokemon instead of one on the bench, a mewtwo EX making damage of 60 with 2 energys, then another guy had already won and he didn´t notice because he did not take the 2 prices of knocking out a rayquaza EX, also was a boy that didn´t know how to play, i mean the TO (abraham Carrillo) only put people to take money.

It was a total mess, even the player pablo meza (mudkip in pokegym) had troubless when something happened and announced a price swap, the TO who was the same judge, said that there were not any rules about that, also the TO says that has de official license from nintendo to organize that kind of events in mexico, then he did´nt give the prices to the winners.

I don´t know how this guy got that city championship I mean he even doesn´t know how to pair, because use a extrange way of pairing, he said that was Swiss but of Swiss has what I have God, I mean nothing, and all the friends of the TO played against amateur players, disqualifying other good players between them,

Edited private info.Also if there were problems with your CC,then it`s best to e-mail PUI about your concerns.-`Sensei

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so sick

That is sick. I cant believe there were CC'S like that. I know wizards would never ever make a CC like that and if they got wind of the event they would shut down the shops rights. Ive been in and to many pokemon events and nomatter what ive seen in nintendo and wizards there has never been an event with such things on the line as a bye that officiating went to thedogs like you stated. Please Email the nintendo company and let them know of this travesty and they will fix it. Noone deserves to compete is an event that is full of cheating and bad calls. If the winner does still get crowned i will fell sorry for his BUTT at the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, This blows my mind that this would even happen. Not only how the even was run, but the promos and prizes were not give out. This is just sick and wrong. Have you to told PUI at all as everyone has said to?

This is not possible, none of the Mexico tournaments start until this weekend according to the City Championships locator

Hmmm, still worth looking into.

Was this a tune up tourney or the real event. Heck, our tune up tourneys are not even run this way...

Will be INTERESTED to see what happens....

I would think the TO's head should be on the block for this one, City Champ or not!!!

M45

meganium45 said:
Hmmm, still worth looking into.

Was this a tune up tourney or the real event. Heck, our tune up tourneys are not even run this way...

Will be INTERESTED to see what happens....

I would think the TO's head should be on the block for this one, City Champ or not!!!

M45

I would have to agree. If it wasn't really a City Champoionship that would explain the missing promos and medals. However it doesn't excuse the crappy way it was run. I did find on the event locator that the person who the topic starter claimed in another post ran this one is running one March 27th. Not in this location though.

Farbsman, overhere there is nothing like a medals of VIP package for the winner of a CC. Not even a full boosterbox.
Only 1 booster support for each player showing up.
Will you count with me how many players you need overhere to award the same price split up as in the US.
3 x #1 = 108 boosters
3 x # 2 = 54 boosters
3 x # 3-4 = 54 boosters.

So only to award nr 1-4 of each agegroup you need 216 players on a CC.

I'm asked since this whole circus started for equalty for all players worldwide, but ignorance is all we get.
So reporting to PUI why?????

Last edited:
let me explain, the CC dates in the CC locator were never updated, they were changed to the following:

Mexico DF Norte: 15th Feb
Mexico DF Sur: 21st Feb
Estado De Mexico: 28th Feb

the CC mentioned above is the one from Mexico DF Norte, Im the player who got paired up with his friends and decks that countered my deck -__-. I can confirm that this event was run BADLY, no judges, no interest from the Organizer, no prizes given out at the event, no Charmander given out, and the weirdest pairings I've ever seen.

-MuD

Mudkip said:
let me explain, the CC dates in the CC locator were never updated, they were changed to the following:

Mexico DF Norte: 15th Feb
Mexico DF Sur: 21st Feb
Estado De Mexico: 28th Feb

the CC mentioned above is the one from Mexico DF Norte, Im the player who got paired up with his friends and decks that countered my deck -__-. I can confirm that this event was run BADLY, no judges, no interest from the Organizer, no prizes given out at the event, no Charmander given out, and the weirdest pairings I've ever seen.

-MuD

I emailed a link to this topic to the person in charge of the City Championships at PUI. So they do know about it.

Hopfully this person isn't allowed to run any more tournaments. Kinda makes you wonder what they plan to do with the medals they got. Oh and the cards too.

yeah i agree. the next CC here in Mexico, the one in Mexico DF Sur, is run by the Master Professor Ives, which has organized all previous big tournaments here, so us players can be sure this one wont be as badly handled as the other one.

-MuD

PS, thanks farbsman for ur corncern.

Back