Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

B & B Winter Season Over...Final Event Results!

meganium45

OK, after a full season of playing, we had our final brawl with a prize pool of over $350!!!!

The matches went like this...

Seed #8 Jack C. takes out his brother Seed #1 Joe C.

Seed #2 Zak K. takes out his brother Seed #7 Andrew K.

Seed #3 Jason F takes out Seed #6 Jessica W.

Seed #4 Brian H. takes out Seed #5 (and everyone's Favorite) Meganium45

Then...

Seed #8 Jack C takes out seed #4 Brian H.

Seed #2 Zak K takes out seed #3 Jason F.

Finals...

Seed #8 Jack C takes out Seed #2 Zak K!!! Jack was on a ROLL!!!

3rd place...Seed #3 Jason F. Takes out Seed #4 Brian H.

Jack takes home $180
Zak takes home $90

Jason $50
Brian $40

See you all in the spring!!!

Vince

This series of tourneys will be starting in Eureka on Monday, January 7th, 2008 I believe.

We will be starting a similar event in St. Peters, Missouri, on Monday January 9th.

Both series will last for 13 weeks, with the "playoff" of the top 8 on the 14th week!

The "format" is modified, with a fee of $5.00 per week. Each week you are guaranteed a pack of cards, and a certain amount ($2 or so) is put in the prize pool for the event at the end of the year.

Everyone who plays each week earns 1 point.

1st and 2nd (as determined by TOM, swiss rounds) get 2 bonus points each

3rd and 4th (as determined by TOM, swiss rounds) get 1 bonus point each

Tourneys are run age-modified swiss through TOM.

They are a lot of fun, and prizes, as you see, fall to the top 4.

For all players not wishing to participate, we always have league for fun, same as always.

Thanks

Vince

Nice i will like to have one of these at the South county gym as welll as the g-ground league. hey vince i wanted to know if we could go to the animagination league on monday and then to B adn B if you're driving and willing.

This is a series of tourneys that last for 14 weeks each.

Anyone can join or play, but with the object being to accumulate enough points to get you in the top 8, those that play every week will naturally have an advantage.

You certainly do not need to T4 every week to make the final 8, but doing so once every few weeks gives you a SIGNIFICANT leg up on those that end up just picking up one point a week.

This is the third time that B&B has done this event, with new winners each season, and a lot of new faces finding their way into the finals each time. It seems to be Joe C., Jason F, Brian H, and 5 other players every time.

Richard. This tourney is a B&B invention that has been successful at their leagues due to the numerous highly competitive players that enjoy the tourney atmosphere. I would support any other venue doing this, but it does take having a pool of at least 12 people showing up every week to be successful.

As for Monday, I definitely think we can do that. I will take off work early to get there. Check and make sure a manager will be able to meet with us to go over the tourney on the 29th and potential for setting up league there.

Thanks

Vince

It is store credit.

Yes, even the Juniors (one of which walked away with $40 from the event by going T4.

Note these are NOT POP sanctioned events, nor are they POP sanctioned tourneys.

I don't think this type of thing would work everywhere, but we are in an area where we have a lot of highly competitive players, who want to get the bragging rights.

If you are in an area dominated by 3 or 4 players, this would probably not fly, but we have 12-16 players a week in these tourneys...and a new winner almost every week.

Vince

Back