Babies Lose Protection!

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by GOROY, Sep 7, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Has anybody notice that the baby pokemon pichu and elekid have no baby power!

2. GOROY

GOROY New Member

oops, the babies in Sandstorm don't have the power.

3. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Yeah starting with R/S, all the babies didn't have the baby rule on them anymore. Now they really ARE useless.

4. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Wynaut and Azurill don't have them either.

5. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

its more than likely because they are not 30 hp, free retreat, and unsplashable(ie colorless attack). well that my 2 cents worth.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  6. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

LESS flips make me happy...

7. Nick15

Nick15 Member

And this is a BAD thing?

I just got to say this again, I'm GLAD TPC got their heads out of their butts and fixed this game up. Less flips the better.

8. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

If you'll notice, they are no longer classified as Baby Pokemon, they are now classified as Basic Pokemon. The have a PokePower that allows them to evolve into another Basic, but the change in classification should get around cards that are worded to exclude Babies.

BDS

9. Mr. Raichu

Mr. Raichu New Member

I will miss not being able to EEEEEEEEEK!!

10. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

2 "E"s too many ;) - no Cleffa with "Draw 9" move...

11. FlygonChampion

FlygonChampion New Member

I agree. One thing, now that they arew Basic Pokemon and Babies have been eliminated, why is Lanette's Net Search worded the way it is?

12. Dek

Dek New Member

well in this case, if the next format is gonna be E-on, does this mean that the Expedition-Skyridge Babies are gonna have their baby power disabled?

If so, I will become one happy little boy.

13. Nick15

Nick15 Member

No, Baby Pokémon still exist, and so does their ruling. But it looks like the EX-sets are working hard on trying to eliminate any knowledge of them from the game (Lanette's Net Search is a good example). I say GOOD RIDDANCE. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  14. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Originally posted by Nick15-"And this is a BAD thing?"

I never said it was Bad I was just surprised when I saw the scans, I didn't realize they were changing that.

15. Charizard19190

Charizard19190 New Member

Ya know, being not to be able to use baby power is kinda sad because i use it to an advantage!
    Tyroge, i'll miss your baby power!!!
    The baby power was the best power, besides charizards Energy Burn!!!

16. Kanga Da Roo

Kanga Da Roo New Member

Did anyone still happen to chck in the back of the EX rule book? iF you did u will all stand corrected. Look in the Expert Rules of the EX: Ruby and Sapphire Rule Book.

a) If the Defending Pokemon is a Baby Pokemon, flip a coin to see if your turn end without an attack. (If you turn ends without an attack, Don't do any of the other steps. You're done now.)

I guess Nintendo just decided not to print in on the card. Its kool thought cuz the only coin flip i dont mind in the game is still in it. Plus it also gives that helpful Pokemon Power it has.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  17. Tego

Tego New Member

Good thing. The Baby issue was getting out of hand now, it was crazy. At some points in Modified's lifespan, people played with more Babies than normal basic Pokémon. 3 Cleffa and 2 Tyrogue were standard for every deck, and very many decks had some Pichus too on top of that.

Babies, rest in peace. I was tired of flipping by now anyway.

18. Kanga Da Roo

Kanga Da Roo New Member

Oops I guess my post wasnt edited fast enough. View above post. Babies still live!

19. pokeprofRaymond

pokeprofRaymond New Member

Well at least the baby issue is resolved. Stickin to the rulebook helps a lot. :)

20. Kanga Da Roo

Kanga Da Roo New Member

Yeh i wish alot more people would realize that the rulebook is your friend and solves alot of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.