Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Baby Rule with two actives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Badeaux

In 2 on 2 play, if both actives are baby pokemon, would the player have to flip twice to attack?

I reffer you to the skyridge baby rule:
If your Active Pokémon is a Baby Pokémon and your opponent announces an attack, your opponent flips a coin (before doing anything else). If tails, your opponents turn ends

The only reason I ask this is because in 2 on 2 play, a Gardevoir EX could be protected by baby rule, I think that might be a little wrong.

Also, would your opponent have to flip twice if both of your actives are baby Pokémon?

I think these questions are likely to come up in tournaments eventually, would you please hurry with an answer?

Thank you

EDIT: Just to clarify, that is an exact quote from skyridge Igglybuff's baby rule

Last edited:
OK, we have several 2-on-2 baby questions; hopefully these answers cover almost all combinations:

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY
----------------------------------------------------------------------

== ATTACKING

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if one of the Defending pokemon is a Baby Pokemon with the "Baby Rule" printed on it (not one of the newer ones with the "Baby Evolution" Poke-Power), would the attacker have to flip a coin regardless of which of the Defending Pokemon they are attacking? Or would they only have to flip when attacking the Baby Pokemon?
A. It only counts if the Baby Pokemon itself is attacked. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if both of the Defending pokemon are Baby Pokemon with the "Baby Rule" printed on it (not one of the newer ones with the "Baby Evolution" Poke-Power), would the attacker have to flip two coins in order to attack (one for each baby)?
A. No, you would only have to flip only one coin. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Q. In 2-on-2 Play, if you are facing two babies and you use an attack that does something to BOTH Defenders, do you have to flip twice, once for each Baby?
A. When you attack, you choose a single Defending Pokemon to attack. Even if the attack says "each". So you would only have to flip once. (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back