Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Back after 2 years! NEED HELP WITH DECK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OOGLIE_BEAR

Hi, im new here. I used to play cards but stopped for 2 years, now im back. I basically played in the CityTournement last Sunday and im tryin to improve my deck for states. Please feel free to fix or give opinions, any comments/criticisms would be appreciated:

-Pokemon-
(20x)
3x Magnemites
2X Magnetons (Dragon)
4x Mudkips
3x Marshstomps
3x Swampert (Water Call)
1x Swampert EX
2x Suicune EX
2XDunsparce

-Trainers-
(20x)
3x TV Reporter
2x PETM
2x Prof. Oaks Research
2x Rare Candy
2x Switches
2x Warp Points
3x Fast balls
2x Pokemon Nurses
2X Town Volunteers

-Energy-
(20x)
14x Water
6x Lightning

I basically use the "water call" to pump up my suicunes EX, i was able to take down a couple of Blaziken decks, but im having trouble with ampharos EX, or Magnetons.

(notes)
i really want to keep the suicune/swampert combo in there, and i put the magnetons for energies and Swampert Ex incase i run into some lighting pokemon (IE: Ampharos EX)

Thanks in advance, i had a fun time playing City last sunday, it was my first tourney ever. i had to put Latias since i wasnt able to use suicunes in the tourney. Im so glad i came back, seeing all my old friends was a great pleasure.

Last edited:
You should be able to do with slightly less energy and one or two extra Dunsparce wouldn't hurt.

To reduce your problems against electric you could either get another Swampert EX or change Suicune EX to Walrein/Archie combo. A Walrein would have the same 100HP when put in play with Archie and it has a different weakness (I also like the fact that you can choose how much energy to put back in your hand). It also doesn't have the problem of costing two prizes.

The whole 2 prize thing with Suicune ex is a pain, but its still a decent card. That first attack is beautiful against a whole load of stuff. Just pile on their energy all to a dunsparce, lol.

The archie/walrein combo is a good one, but I don't think it fits in this deck for one reason alone: you won't have room to drop in 4 darkness energy, which is the thing that breaks Walrein. here's what I think you should do.

Drop all of your Town Volunteers. You don't need them, as you have Magneton to retrieve stuff, and you most likely won't deck in this deck.

Fast ball isn't horrid, but you can do better with PETM I think. Drop in 2 PETM, and take the fast ball out.

So far we have:

-2 Town V.
-3 Fast Ball
+2 PETM

Now, with 3 slots open, add another Magneton and 2 Dunsparce. Sparce is just broken man, you need to max out on that. Drop down 3 Mudkip with its attack and watch your opponent squirm =)

Ok. Now to tweak the draw power. Seeing as you have both magnetons AND 20 energy running in this thing, you need some better draw power in this thing. Drop either 1 Warp Point or 1 Switch and add another TV reporter.

hmm, room is realllly tight. I say drop 1 Lightning... a PETM (i know we added one above lol, drop 1).... and the Oak's Research (both) for 4 Juggler. Juggler is awesome when you can drop 2 and draw for 5. Then, just retrieve the energy with Magneton.

Bleh, I'd really like to have 2 more draw cards in there, but room is so darn tight in this lol. That should work for you though, as Sparce thins the deck and you can be drawing a lot with TV reporter and Juggler.

So anyway, try that out if you can gather those cards up. The strategy is solid, and you should stand a good chance vs. any blaziken stuff (magneton can hopefully drop a Rayquazza....) I'm glad you decided to come back to the game, and that you had fun at your CC, have fun at state! Hope you do well!

Thx for the helps guys, my friend told me the same thing about the town volunteers, yea i totally ruled out the rayquaza EX, ill be sure to try all this out. but i was wondering if lets say i need pokemons from my discard what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back