Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bastiodon/Garchomp Questions

eriknance

I asked a couple of questions awhile back concerning the MT Bastiodon. Those weren't answered, so I thought I'd post again, as I have a new question to ask as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two questions concerning Bastiodon:

1. Suppose a Pokemon hits Bastiodon for damage that is negated completely by resistance and/or the presence of Metal Special Energy. Is Bastiodon considered to be "damaged" by that attack? That is, does the effect on Bastiodon's "Anger Revenge" get activated when it is hit but not damaged?

2. Say the effect of Bastiodon's attack is activated by damage from the opponent's Pokemon. If Bastiodon is sent to the bench but becomes active again, does it lose that damage bonus? The wording leads me to believe that the damage bonus is something built into the attack and isn't a condition set on Bastiodon (similiar somewhat to Machamp's Revenge).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My new question deals with Garchomp's Poke-Body when going up against weakness. Since Garchomp doesn't actually hit weakness (i.e. it doesn't do twice the damage with Lake Boundary in play), how does its Poke-Body work against Pokemon that have their weakness cancelled out? Say, for instance, I have a Holon Energy FF and a Fire Energy attached to a Magmortar. My Garchomp that is attacking has a Water Energy attached to it, so do I get the damage bonus or not? I ask because it seems that Garchomp's Poke-Body is asking you to look for more than just hitting weakness.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. It must actually receive attack damage.
2. This is a damage calculation, not an effect placed on Bastiodon. As with Machamp's Revenge, where both players know if there was a KO last turn, Machamp does not have to have been in play to get the extra damage calc. Similarly, Bastiodon does not have to be active the whole time, since it was damaged.

As for Garchomp, cards like Holon Energy [FF] state that the PKMN "has no weakness" and would lead me rule this as a judge that Garchomp doesn't get the extra damage.

Back